It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth atmosphere collapse puzzles scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I read the article. Could someone explain to me simply - does this mean I should invest in swimsuits, parkas or sunglasses? Should I horde food? What effect does the shrinking or expanding of the trophosphere have on humans? Thanks --

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Its simple the Earth magnetic shield is changing from north to south.
This is why we get a increased temperature and have a shrinking atmosphere.

The elite already knew this, just look how much new bunkers they have build from 1990-2010.

They also want to get so much resource as possible because they know that china and Russia will be a problem soon if they lack something.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Its probably due to a huge release of methane gas coming from the gulf of Mexico oil leak ,that has caused this collapse. So I blame BP then I blame BP for everything now

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by aviatrix
I read the article. Could someone explain to me simply - does this mean I should invest in swimsuits, parkas or sunglasses? Should I horde food? What effect does the shrinking or expanding of the troposphere have on humans? Thanks --

Well sunglasses would be nice of course! But to be honest you don't really want to know what is soon happening to you and the world.

Just a small tip try to find out where and how far are your water resource (groundwater pools) away from you, you will need it very soon i am not joking.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
[edit on 16-7-2010 by Naardus]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
we need to rename NASA ,how about DKSAS DON'T KNOW S#@* ABOUT SPACE

seriously can they figure anything out?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
we need to rename NASA ,how about DKSAS DON'T KNOW S#@* ABOUT SPACE

seriously can they figure anything out?

I know. It's not like it's rocket science or anything

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
I found this part really interesting:

Emmert suggests carbon dioxide (CO2) in the thermosphere might play a role in explaining the atmospheric collapse.
This gas acts as a coolant, shedding heat via infrared radiation. It is widely-known that CO2 levels have been increasing in Earth's atmosphere. Extra CO2 in the thermosphere could have magnified the cooling action of solar minimum.

So extra CO2 magnifies the cooling effect of the solar minimum?

This would seem to contradict the theory that CO2 causes global warming

I know this is in the thermosphere but surely a cooling there will affect the rest of the climate?

CO2 traps upgoing thermal radiation. Lower levels stay warm while upper ones cool.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Emmert suggests carbon dioxide (CO2) in the thermosphere might play a role in explaining the atmospheric collapse.
This gas acts as a coolant, shedding heat via infrared radiation. It is widely-known that CO2 levels have been increasing in Earth's atmosphere. Extra CO2 in the thermosphere could have magnified the cooling action of solar minimum.

I know this is in the thermosphere but surely a cooling there will affect the rest of the climate?

CO2 traps upgoing thermal radiation. Lower levels stay warm while upper ones cool.

Yes we should really tax CO² because its the evil toxic gas that we don't need, but methane and oil leaks are ok we can deal with them.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have a strong feeling there is a reason for these D.U.M.B.S other than to protect the elites against nuclear fallout, maybe like in many of those ecological disaster movies, our magnetosphere/thermosphere/ionosphere will become to Swiss-cheese like and we will see people getting vaporized whilst outside right in front of our eyes. Can you image areas of non-go zones because the light pouring down on that area is like a giant yellow/orangy lazer beam. PEEW PEWW PEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

No but seriously this is kind of sketch, the thing about the ozone hole is debatable, since I for one believe skin cancer isn't necessarily caused by the sun, more so caused by skin-conditioners and emulsifiers aka sun screen. But I do feel as if we might see something like this, hopefully not within our life-times but in all seriousness there is no debating the planet is losing its ability to protect us, and when we go I have a feeling everything else does to. Men + Animals = Love. Love= Gaia, Gaia = unseen + seen world. Unseen world is the ether around the planet. ect

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Naardus

Who said anything about taxing anything?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Cheers OP, interesting stuff..if not a little scary.

I had wondered if this had something to do with the Solar activity we've been having...but apparently it looks like it's this interstellar gas cloud thingy instead.

SnV, I wouldn't worry too much, he's probably feverishly scouring establishment science websites for info to earn himself a few more stars...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
GLOBAL WARMING
its just amazing ... and if nobody said it already, they will blame global warming soon!

Some will blame global warming. Some will blame Dick Cheney. Some will blame President Obama. Some will say it's God's wrath for tolerating homosexuality. Some will say it's a sign of the Antichrist. Some will blame the reptilians. Some will blame the jews. Some will blame the bilderbergers.
I prefer to blame it on the time travelling nazi vampire lesbian mormons from Beta Centauri. How come we never hear about them? It's a conspiracy I tell you, a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naardus
Its simple the Earth magnetic shield is changing from north to south.
This is why we get a increased temperature and have a shrinking atmosphere.

The elite already knew this, just look how much new bunkers they have build from 1990-2010.

They also want to get so much resource as possible because they know that china and Russia will be a problem soon if they lack something.

An unsubstantiated claim is a claim unmade, ever heard of that? "This is why.... and have a shrinking atmosphere" Care to support that, or should we all just take your word for it? As the article said, it was the biggest contraction in at least 43 years. Ergo, there have been (a) bigger contractions and (b) earlier ones. So one could perhaps, using a little thing called common sense, draw the conclusion that this thing isn't anything new to earth.

By the way, you are correct in the Elites building bunkers. Why wouldn't we, since we have the money to survive a global catastrophe and you don't

[edit on 16-7-2010 by rasalhague]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A "record" based on 43 years of observation doesn't really sound too impressive.

The article doesn't mention this part of the paper (from the abstract)

The height dependence of the mass density anomalies suggests that they are attributable to a combination of lower than expected exospheric temperature (−14 K) and reductions in the number density of atomic oxygen (−12%) and other species (−3%) near the base of the diffusive portion of the thermosphere.

source

In other words lower density in the lower parts of the atmosphere as well as colder temperatures above the thermosphere are probably responsible, not a simple single cause. It's just as complex as weather on the surface. A lot going on. A lot to learn.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by Pauligirl

Maybe it has something to do with the recent Gamma ray burst,..
Quick turn on the Phage light..

So many fanboys for someone who just states the obvious and backs up statements with researched facts. Isn't that what people are supposed to be doing?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You took the words right out of my mouth, my man. The real title of this article should be, "NASA Admits Global Warming is a Fraud".

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And 50+ years ago the answer was simple ...for every tree destroyed it needed to be planted ten fold.

Hmmmm wonder how many new tree plants we would need today since it wasn't done back then.

Really, Humans think of themselves as intelligent.

Remember these words:

Use "LOGIC" and "COMMON SENSE" the ""ANSWERS"" are the "SIMPLIST" the ones you always overlook.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

CO2 has a different effect at extremely high altitudes than it does in the lower atmosphere.
www.ucar.edu...

Conditions in the thermosphere are not thought to have any connection with global warming. Nor is the density reduction at 400km likely to have much connection with climate. Nor is a 2 year anomaly in the density of the thermosphere an indication of a trend.

[edit on 7/16/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I looked at the info and yes, it is interesting, BUT of what consequence is it to us earth dwellers?
It seems to have corrected itself without effects.
Perhaps if we were montering the thermosphere during the Mauder Min, we would have noted similar irregularities. This was the most sever minimum we have had in a long time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join