It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Geithner Opposes Nominating Elizabeth Warren To Lead New Consumer Agency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

As many are aware, financial reform has been passed today. This authorizes the creation a new Consumer protection agency. The woman tapped as head is Elizabeth Warren.

You can hear a lecture from her here: (57 minutes) www.youtube.com...

Here's something she wrote:
She's spoken out against the predatory practice of banks and credit companies for years. She's also grilled Geithner in Congress concerning the bailout. Apparently Timmy thinks she's a bad idea. I'm not surprised considering his background. He can go get stuffed for all I care.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, sure, he would not want her in that position. Not when his goal is to ruin the system. She would just make his job a little harder to do. It`s hard to drive the value of the dollar into the pits, when you have someone watching your every move. Imagine, having a watchdog watching the czar.

The problem I see in this reform is, that it`s a little late in the game now isn`t it? I mean, you`ve borrowed so much money from other countries to cover your debt now, that they won`t lend you anymore. Now, you have your own central bank buying up that debt. I call that over spending yourself into bankruptcy. Trillions of dollars are setting somewhere, surley not in the pockets or bank accounts of the everyday people. Yet they expect that these same everyday people pay this tab off. I believe when they hand us this bill, we hand it back to them, then laugh in their faces and tell them it sure sucks to be them. They can take it from their own pay.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If G-Money is against her, then I am for her. Let's put her in, no need to vote. That should be reason enough.

Every time I have heard her speak it sounds like what should be done versus the babble from the cheerleader talking heads. After this reform bill got so watered down, let's at least have something positive out of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Apparently now, the administration is tap dancing around the idea she is a lock on the job.

If they sideline her and pick another Wall Street Toadie, these folks are through with most of middle stream America. They will have lost any credibility they once may have had.

join