It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flordia Joins In On Arizona Immigration Reform!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

I fully support FL (live here) following Arizona's lead. There is nothing racist about wanting the US government to enforce their own laws.

But FYI, Puerto Ricans ARE American citizens. They do have SSN's and US passports. They just don't vote in national elections as Puerto Rico is US territory.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Well sir, I have news for you I work in the medical records department and believe me, your medical records can not be transfered to ANYONE OTHER THEN your PCP ( PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN) without your consent. There are laws for this per HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ) and yes two years ago we went electronic but in 30 days we will only be entering phase two of the process wich means that we are half way done with putting all of our papercharts into electronic format. Our facility is highly protected and our database is only operated by the medical records department.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
reply to post by prionace glauca

Well sir, I have news for you I work in the medical records department and believe me, your medical records can not be transfered to ANYONE OTHER THEN your PCP ( PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN) without your consent. There are laws for this per HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ) and yes two years ago we went electronic but in 30 days we will only be entering phase two of the process wich means that we are half way done with putting all of our papercharts into electronic format. Our facility is highly protected and our database is only operated by the medical records department.

Madam, I understand your concern regarding HIPPA and Confidentiality. Like I said in my earlier post, HIPPA and Confidentiality are going to be days of the past.

Those electronic records that your office is very diligently preparing will be viewed by whom do you think? Do you believe there are other Physicians manning the computers in D.C or Medical Professionals who are aware of laws pertaining to Patient Privacy?

<< 1   >>

join