It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible to track replies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is it possible to track replies to your comments?

I did a quick search and saw the subject mentioned as a requested future feature. But I found no info on it, so is it possible now, or no?

Also, since my intuition tells me "no", is it possible to click a link of any sort to your exact post in a thread, and follow the thread discussion from there? Because sometimes I forget what page I posted on each thread and I go through page after page just looking for my avatar to see where I posted, and continue to look for responses from there.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
At the current time, no. The only way to track posts would loosely be through features such as THIS and THIS (of which you are probably already aware).

However, ATS 2010 has some goodies like what you suggest. What specifics that entails is a surprise.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Edited to totally redact my post... I was too slow and AshleyD says it best!

Soz and

[edit on 15-7-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ah, so it has been a while since this question was last posed. The most recent one I remember is Finding Replies to Posts...HELP!. In short:

Though the number of replies is stored for your profile, replies are probably not linked in ATS' MySQL databases. ATS can't help you find replies to your posts. But Google can, with the following search:

site:abovetopsecret.com "reply to post by againuntodust"

Try it!

This will show all replies made to you - as long as someone replied by clicking the 'reply' button on your post.

If you want to search within one thread, add the thread number with an inurl statement:

site:abovetopsecret.com "reply to post by againuntodust" inurl:thread593959

Try it!

Maybe ATS 2010 will finally bring this often sought-after feature!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Make a favorite of the post.

new topics

top topics

join