It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake July 2010 images

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Reviewing the photos, I think I found a structure on the hill in the foreground. About 500 pixels from the left, it looks like there is a tower.

Here is the area shot at two different times.
tower on hill photo 1

tower on hill photo 2

Of course, you stare at these photos long enough, you start to see things!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I wonder if it would be possible to fly some sort of small RPV over this place at some time with a small digi-cam or wireless tv cam and just fly it in there and coast around until it got taken out or crashed someplace were it never be found.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by CosmosKid]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
Reviewing the photos, I think I found a structure on the hill in the foreground. About 500 pixels from the left, it looks like there is a tower.

Here is the area shot at two different times.
tower on hill photo 1

tower on hill photo 2

After switching back and forth between the two pictures, I see these two differences:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a7df4af04fe.jpg[/atsimg]
Any ideas what these are?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have no idea about either thing except possibly a tail of a plane.

What you see in the right corner is only in one of the photos, but I can't explain away the difference due to shadows. There is a time difference between photographs.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Yeah, things like this, which I am sure is just a reflection(?), and the firetruck is SOP...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97b62e6b3fc2.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-7-2010 by FosterVS]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I thought that might be a fuel truck. I have scanner audio and don't recall hearing any IFEs. Fire usually stays in quarters and only rolls on IFEs.

Regarding the thing in the other photo, what you are seeing is a shadow that is divided by a Joshua tree in the foreground. Start from the control tower. There is a building to the left. Due to the low sun angle, that building is casting a shadow on the building with 3 roll up doors. The shadow is only covering part of the rightmost door. The Joshua tree is on the ridge and is in sunlight and thus bright.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I wonder how much the Russians would pay for this photo in the 60's

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
I wonder how much the Russians would pay for this photo in the 60's

it must be a great deal

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here is anotherpic of the tower & it looks a little different. Im not sure it is completely built now or why it looks slightly different in this pic.

Tower Pic

I also believe it is some kind of sensor or radar but who knows.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This thing seems huge. Maybe to house a big UFO???

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rebel21

Probley a new stealth bomber or some kinda space plane. Im just guessing though.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Gariac,

Congrats on your photos, they are the best I have seen by far.

Problem is they are too good,

Airforce OPSEC will never stand for this kind of observation ability and you can bet a deal with the bureau of land management/Interior in Nevada is underway and soon Tikaboo will be off limits just like the last land grab from several years back.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Critical Mass

The base has everything well under control. They fly at night. Anything they fly during the day is something they don't care about or just plain want you to photograph, such as the SU-27 I photographed between sessions of Red Flag.

Stealing TIkaboo Peak would be so over the top that the USAF wouldn't even bother. It would be like admitting they are as dumb as say the TSA, that is performing security theater.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am a simpleton, but having been on FOD walks at USAF bases, I will bet that those aren't trees.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Is it impossible to get physically closer to the site?

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree macman...not to mention it is a dry salt lake bed....and me living in Vegas....
If something is growing...its because you brought it dirt.....nuthin growths in a dry salt lake bed....well of any size that is, unless its nutured and pampered, fed and watered.....

I miss that place wish I still lived there @ times....

Maybe there is more to the area than I know...I do have a close friend that worked for EG&G, he confirmed the janet flights to get to work, and other than that...all he says is "I can 100% tell you there are no lil green men there"
He thinks I'm a nut, he's seen more than myself, we share the same trade....thats how we met, when he retired from EG&G he started working as a machinist "tool & die" repair man with me in a small shop in downtown Vegas.
I think I could tell stuff he's told me Ive heard about it opn UFO shows and such...and I know hes been retired now long enough for it top be non classified now..
His forte' or specialty was back engineering pieces of migs...at his time of employment there...we "USA" did not have an entire mig yet....nuf said, I get nervous......

edit on 17-1-2011 by Doc Holiday because: once again I feel obligated to fill in blank spaves

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pdotkay

You can get closer, but can't see the base due to terrain. This presumes crossing the border is not an option, which it isn't!

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thank you, I see.

Seeing as there are rocket launchers on the site and what not, would sending a small UAV or RC plane result in shooting down of the device? Always been curious about those things.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pdotkay

I don't see any SAMs. However, controlling a RC plane or home brew UAV from free territory isn't easy. It would require control from 15 miles away. It could be done, though breaking FCC rules would be required. Then again, you would be violating FAA restricted air space, so what's one more federal crime going to cost you?

The base has security choppers and F16s, so I think they can take care of business.

There are a million threads on how to invade the base with this or that. I'm reasonably sure the only scheme that would work would be ground based. Some sort of remote control or autonomously routed car. It is much harder to spot a small object on the ground than something in the air.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The large tower in question looks like an oversized radar array like the one we had in Iraq. It is set on a circular base and does rotate. I am guessing something that size will be rotating extremely slow however. The one we had rotated rather slow and was made with smaller grade steel. It flexed alot even at when not moving and in slight wind, so I am guessing that thing is made with high grade steel and is structurally re-enforced. As for the shadows, I am not sure exactly what those are, and sadly can offer no insight into them. I like the small aircraft idea you drew up though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join