It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP says oil has stopped leaking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Very good point. And yes, one of the ROV's is on the sea floor monitoring.

For those who can see the cams now, it does seem like the area around the riser is a lot murkier now than when the oil was flowing freely.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Why didn't they do this before?

Maybe because they had people thinking of ways to stop it before the relief well was accomplished and this idea popped up.

Why the rush?

If they can do it in a timely manner don't you think it would wise to do so?

Each gallon of oil spilt in the ocean is profit lossed for them. Forget profit, this welll will pay for all the damages they will be paying out. Yea, I think I would rush also.

I don't see BP as this evil thing. Mistakes were made and people will pay and they have shouldered all responsibility pretty well. Under the circumstances thats all we can really expect.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

I understand that a majority of companies would do anything to protect themselves.

And I think it might be hard to label a corporation as an evil entity.

However, to go from their estimate of 5,000 bpd, to 60,000 80 days later is a little bit difficult to condone as a 'good act'. Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm not seeing any live feeds anymore. If anyone sees a feed pointing at anything, I encourage them to post it.

In my opinion, it would behoove PB to have at least one camera should be on the well and others scanning the bed around the well.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Asperglar

You can see that Q4000 ROV - 2 is seeing some wisps of something (oil?) pass by it every now and again, and it is on the seafloor.

How are these cracks not going to get bigger is all of the pressure is backed up?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the update OP - now when was the last time we heard this and how many time have we heard this? Another wait and see! Going to check the feeds as some say they are frozen.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thank you. The feeds are freezing up a bit more, but I do think that as word of this spreads, that the servers will start to get overloaded.

Heck Q4000 ROV 1 is simply staring at another ROV. What is the point of that? BP keeps moving the ROV's in the same area, either staring at the riser, at each other, and than one at the sea floor.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am getting the Sonar survey on Skandi Rov 1 - something showing up on the left hand side. Does anyone know how to accurately read this?

Also has anyone noticed now the new equipment is looking old already, must be going thru a lot down there.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No I wouldn't agree.

When it first happened nobody had any idea that it would get this bad and go on for so long. Its never happened before. As far as I can tell they have done everything to get it to stop.

Not only have they done what they said they would do at every turn, but they did it all the while our government was bullying them instead of honestly working along side them to fix this problem.

Sure they have a shame they must bear, but atleast they can hold their heads up while bearing it.

Can our government do the same?

link   
someone came on dylan radigan msnbc show this afternooon at 1:00 pm p.s.t. and said that there is another large leak about 5 miles away. i wonder if one of those deep water subs is going to be checking it out.

link   
I just saw on CNN the confirmation of the stock increase for BP:

BP's stock jumped on word that the oil flow had been cut off, as part of the test. The stock rose $2.74 a share, more than 7 percent, to close at $38.92.

www.cnn.com...

BP making more money again.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The goverment, IMO, has handled this disaster just about worse than any other disaster in history. To not know much at over day 80 is crazy. But BP has not stopped hiding the truth from Day 1.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I wonder what their source was for this new leak? Even though I can't stand the MSM, I would think that more of the news outlets would have picked up on this if it were true. Or, maybe not.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What truth is that?

I applaude them for the way they behaved for the most part. They shouldered the responsibility very well.

eh, now we are going around in circles. I have stated my opinion and will leave now.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have a question and that is what is happening to the well casing below? Did we not hear a BP official admit that the well casing below was not in good shape. What is the pressure going to do to a bad well casing. I would think that pressure has to go somewhere and since they blocked the main route the oil was going it now has to go elsewhere right. There are still questions that have not been discussed as of late and I for one would like to hear what the answers are for the casing under the floor.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

You just asked everything that I have been thinking about. I imagine that the next 48 hours are going to shed a lot of light on the actual condition in the well below the riser.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You applaud BP? Really?!?! For what?

Hmm..let's see:

Lying about the amount flowing.
Ignoring the US Government about COREXIT.
Photo OPS with the President.
Constantly reminding us that they are here to help.
Spending huge amounts of money on commercials to say how good they are.
Yacht weekend.
Media Control.
Lack of transparency.

Come on, the list goes on and on. However, you are entitled to your opinion. But I do not think that anyone who is suffering along the coast agrees with your sentiment.

By the way, I recommend to anyone who has not seen it to go the Sea Shepherd web site and look at the video they have of the oil leak. www.seashepherd.org

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asperglar
I'm not seeing any live feeds anymore. If anyone sees a feed pointing at anything, I encourage them to post it.

Patience…. They’re still digging through their archives for some decent footage of a capped well

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

You know, that is probably what they are doing. Star for you!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
While I'm honestly not trying to divert attention away from this thread for my own reasons (I don't give a crap about "Star & flags") I highly suggest people read the articles I have posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

They indicate that what we are seeing is a sham by BP for there own financial reasons and is in all likely hood making the situation much worse below the sea floor.

I pray that this is wrong but so many people have warned of this from the start. If the well casing is compromised downhole then stopping the flow into the gulf will most likely take the pressure to the leaks below surface, the most dangerous kind of leak.

Please don't get your hopes up yet people, BP have lied about everything so far

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join