It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacramento Severe Weather Alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Sacramento Severe Weather Alert

weather.yahoo.com

Sacramento
...FOUR DAYS OF TRIPLE DIGIT TEMPERATURES IN STORE FOR THE
CENTRAL VALLEY AND SOME FOOTHILL LOCATIONS.

TEMPERATURES WILL HEAT UP TODAY IN THE CENTRAL VALLEY TO BETWEEN
100 AND 107 DEGREES. THERE WILL BE CONTINUED WARMING ON FRIDAY AS
HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE REGION STRENGTHENS AND COOLING FROM THE BAY
AREA REMAINS VERY WEAK AT NIGHT. THE WARMEST DAYS THROUGH THIS
HEAT WAVE WILL BE FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WITH TEMPERATURES RANGING
BETWEEN 102 AND 109 DEGREES.

NIGHTTIME TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN WARM AND GENERALLY IN THE MID
60S TO MID 70S FOR MOST LOCATIONS IN THE CENTRAL VALL
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The snippet was in my email. I live in the foothills. Last winter, I told my family that we were going to have a heat wave this summer...I guessed it would reach 112 in the shade. I will see within the next few days if it gets to that mark.

Members in Northern CA, check your local weather, be prepared to try and stay cool, and most importantly, remember your outdoor pets...

weather.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Cool maybe you can post when Indiana is going to have thunderstorms too

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the information OP! I live in Sacramento as well. Just keep inside and drink lots of cold water. Hopefully my cat will o.k in the heat.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
105F? LOL!

I live fairly close to Fresno, and down here it gets to 110 all the time, it's about 100 out right now. heck, when I was in Vegas, it hit 123F.

105F ain't nothin, you've got nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I live in central Arkansas.

Right now the temp is 105.

Every summer we deal with temps from 100-115, with an included high humidity and generally 10-15 degree higher heat index.

When I lived in southern California, I longed for the humidity here.

The temps in SoCal, were comparable, but for me more unbearable due to the "dry heat".

I always say atleast here when the wind blows, (which there is usually a nice breeze) it feels like a cool fan due to the moisture in the air.

In California, it was like standing behind an A/C unit. Just a stiff blast of hot air.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I live in Livermore CA. high for my will only reach 99

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoachSlamYou
Cool maybe you can post when Indiana is going to have thunderstorms too

lol I live in fort wayne, myself

We're getting a small storm going through here, but what sucks with our area is, we have a big penninsula just outside of our city, and it acts like a rock in a river... everything passes to one side or the other, then comes back together again to the east of us.

Ohio always gets things rough, cause it makes the river rapids

It really sucks, because I so love a good t-storm lol

Anyhow.. yeah, we're getting quite a bit of heat in our area as well. Been quite the summer so far!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CoachSlamYou

Pretty much posting in Northern CA area (Sacramento). Alot of people are not use to the heat especially after some areas (like mine) had some rains not long ago.

Indiana is a bit far from here.

and right now, a thunderstorm is not a good idea because of all the dry grass right now.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm in the Sac area as well.... It's been a wee bit warm.. we had a really NICE day a couple of days ago.. cool breeze, mild temp, was a nice break.

To me, anything 90 and over is all the same, HOT.
I'm just thankful it is a relatively dry heat.. Add sticky humidity into the mix and then it's just miserable! YUCK.

It's midnight here now and 80 deg out... Was still 100 at about 6:30pm

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i live in sacramento and let me tell you its been this way for over a week now really hot , i am in the north highlands area , but man i havent seen any chem trails latly strange eh

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ok here goes, this is my first post long time lurker. Every year at State Fair time the weather heats up. No big deal. Infact growing up on the coast 80 was a haet wave. To give a insite to the earth heeting up humans are going to adapt to the warming earth or be extinguished. Me I'm moving to Az. in a few months and get a head start on this ever changing world.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, I am glad to say, it did NOT reach 109 where I am. I am wondering why they forecasted the weather like that? Maybe to do with the suns activity lately. Better safe than sorry, though.
Today is Teusday, and so much cooler (yay!)
I think I will just do the old fashioned way of getting my forecast. If it is real warm in the morning, better believe it, its gonna be toasty later through the day.

I have noticed even the weather people on TV have been off in their forecast quite a few times.
Just my weather alerts were mostly accurate the rest of the times.

Stay cool, anyway everyone!

new topics

top topics

join