It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Two blasts rock Iranian city

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
(Iranian officials contend that Jundullah is backed by the United States, citing televised confessions the group's late leader Rigi made during his detention. On Friday, Iranian lawmaker Es mail Kowsari blamed the U.S., Britain and Israel for Thursday's terrorist attack.)

That hits the nail on the head for me, mind you you would say anything under torture no mater who you are!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

CNN The claim came as a high-ranking official of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps implicated "the US, Israel and some European countries" in the attack, the semiofficial Fars news agency reported.

Yadollah Javani, the head of IRGC's political bureau, said terrorist groups under the auspices of the United States, Israel and some Western countries were involved, according to Fars.
In Washington on Thursday, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton condemned the attacks.

Source

AP Story Gen. Hossein Salami, deputy head of the Revolutionary Guard, told worshippers during Tehran Friday prayers that the victims "were martyred by hands of mercenaries of the U.S. and U.K."

He was echoed by influential lawmaker Alaeddin Boroujerdi who said "America should be answerable for the terrorist incident in Zahedan."

Source

BBC Story No mention of any other government being "behind it."

[edit on 7/16/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here's a VERY interesting (if not totally unbiased in and of itself) analysis of all the ties between Jundallah and the U.S...it's in two parts but is full of news clips. Long but very worth a watch. Part 1 of 2 focuses more on this. Part 2 is more general, focusing on the neocons and Zionism, which might turn some people off in its tone.

A side note is that most of the clips are from RT, a 24/7 Russian view on global news in English. I watch RT quite often for its perspective, which often appears to me to be more investigative and more if not entirely unbiased than other news sources.

reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

The first video contains excerpts of these televised "confessions."

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by draxenth
I can see this being blamed on the US or Israel. Hope not! Things seem to become more destabilized in the ME daily. Being from Canada I have a real sense of detatchment from what happens there however I find it absolutely fascinating.

Keep us posted!

Isn't Canada the same ally of Israel as the US??

Second line..

That is such a generallization i am canadian and am no ally of isreal most canadian i do believe are allies of the world and we believe in peace and are a very multi cultural society....so please do not paint canadians with a brush that you dont know.....

i have lived and travelled all over the world and have found canadians to be very accepting of most societies...and just one other word....
Canadians are very proud NOT to be AMERICAN...

i think i speak for many Canadians on that one...thanks

Wow, nice way to be a hypocrite there guy.. I am an AMERICAN and effing proud to be one. Now I will ask YOU to put the SAME brush down... For you also do not know that many MANY Americans are very tolerate of multiple cultures. I for one can see the beauty of in any culture, because every culture is guess what... HUMAN! No matter where you come from, everyone is a human with feelings and family. Now, I will not make the same mistake that you did and take a stab at yours or another country.

Back on topic... I really hope the Iranian gov't doesn't blame this on us (really hope it wasn't us). There are too many things that might shift the Iran finger of blame in our direction thought. With all that I have come to realize in regards to how our gov't functions behind closed doors. Not just because it was on the border of a country we are currently in.. Does anyone know if this terrorist group has ANY links to the US? Even with the six degrees of separation rule??

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Seems there are some signs pointing to links between the CIA and this group. But as some have said, the confessions might have been coerced by the Iranian government. Usually though, where there's smoke...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Haven't these folks been blowing each other up of eons? Even before US involvement?

The anti-US folks are like the story about the guy who sees nothing but Russians everywhere.

Oil Spill- US engineered, Blow up something in Iran - US involved, Global warming - US did it, I slipped in the bath tub - US special ops did it to me, My grandmothers SS check was 1 day late - Conspiracy by the US to kill her........etc etc etc etc etc.....there are other forces at work in the World other than the US.....just saying.

100 people were polled and the top five answers are on the board - survey say: The US did it. Number one answer. Where is Richard Dawson when you need him.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

I can't answer your question off the top of my head as to whether they were "blowing each other up" with this kind of frequency before colonialism and interventionalism in the ME from the U.K. and the U.S. My guess would be no. But I'm sure there are people out there who could point out the causes and effects.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

"Blowing each other up" should be read as "fighting each other".

A Wiki summary of conflicts in the Middle East

en.wikipedia.org...

Humans love to fight.

I think Islam is as fractured as any religion.

staff.jccc.net...

They fight amongst themselves just like the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
While it may be true Jundallah has existed in some form or the other in the past, and indeed is true that Baluchis in Iran have sought historically greater rights, and indeed is true that there has been infighting between Shias and Sunnis for many, many centuries long before the CIA, the principle of the matter is this.

Jundallah are opposed to the Iranian government.

The US's successive administrations are opposed to the Iranian government.

Therefore, the old adage applies to the CIA, the enemy of my enemy is my friend and either a situation and grieviances can be taken advantage of, or created, to take advantage of that.

No, Jundallah may not have been created by the CIA, but it appears their continuing existence may well be helped by the CIA.

And that very help means Jundallah can carry out terrorist attacks that they may not have been able to do otherwise, namely, killing Iranians.

And that creates Jundallah as the danger it is, therefore the CIA creates the force Jundallah is via funding, when it may have been less dangerous to Iranians otherwise.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Excellent work.

If people actually dig a little deeper they'll find some rather interesting FACTS. Instead of jumping on the sheeple bandwagon of assumption. We all know about torture. Gitmo etc. Televised confessions etc.

Thank you for that article.

PEACE
Slay

[edit on 16-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
for those of you condemning the US, if the CIA is sponsoring jundallah(sp?) is bad and should be answered for, the same can be said for Irans' sponsorship of terror agents in Israel. Govts. using terror agencies to further their own agendas, looks like everyone is playing now.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

I don't think anyone would disagree. Some are just better equipped and have been escalating and at the game longer.Things like this have been going on throughout history as means to an end. The question then becomes, whose end is it and for what reasons, and is that end right or worth the cost?

reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks. Facts matter...it's just so hard to get to them sometimes.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Seymour Hersh a moonbat? Hardly. Why would anyone who broke the stories of Abu Grahib, Valerie Plame, covert operations in Iran, and cherry picked intelligence be called a moonbat?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
]
Seymour Hersh a moonbat? Hardly. Why would anyone who broke the stories of Abu Grahib, Valerie Plame, covert operations in Iran, and cherry picked intelligence be called a moonbat?

Because his "story" about "Special Ops hit squads" was a load of dog feces.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Frankly, I believe it. I have friends who work for Xe.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Frankly, I believe it. I have friends who work for Xe.

Xe and US Special Operations aren't the same thing. Seymour was way off base, and I have a major problem with him and the NY Times publishing classified information.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

A lot of people who work for Xe 1.) used to be special ops and 2.) still know people. And I stand corrected. Neither of them work for Xe anymore.

What classified information did they publish? I for one appreciated knowing we were being lied to.

But go ahead and call one of the few true journalists left a moonbat. That's the way to kill off real journalism after all, and then we will never get even a semblance of true investigation or fact.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What classified information did they publish?

I for one appreciated knowing we were being lied to.

Revealing classified information is a great way of getting someone killed. Seymour really isn't too concerned about that, tho.

But go ahead and call one of the few true journalists left a moonbat. That's the way to kill off real journalism after all, and then we will never get even a semblance of true investigation or fact.

It's an interesting to note that he has seemingly no situational awareness with respect to who is in the command and control structure of the militry, who/what JSOC (USSOCOM, CJSOTF, whomever) is and what exactly the policy of the government is with respect to Rules of Engagement. He also has a problem with capturing or killing the enemy without an emergency session of congress.

So, Hersh is a complete and utter moron...and yet there will always be some "DoD Official" who'll will speak to him off-the-record about things they know little about. People in the military can sort the wheat from the chaff, but many people can't sort it out or worse won't (they use it to fuel their own agenda).

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Again these blasts was part of US & Israeli conspiracies to cover the Iranian scientist story…lol

so US & KSA & Israeli's kidnap him by mistake, this poor guy was just normal assistant in lab.

The Iranian gov never allow anyone with sensitive position goes to trip alone , (specially scientists) !!!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Have a good look at this vid, says it all as regards secret armies an what have yea!
In 1990, alarming evidence of NATO-sponsored terrorist attacks came to light. This is the shocking story of Operation Gladio; a tale of espionage, conspiracy and political violence !

www.indybay.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join