It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Vision monocular recommendations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Greetings,

I am thinking of buying a generation 1, 1+ NVM for sky and UFO observations.

Unlike generation 2 or 3 I'd like to start with generation 1 or 1+ if it is worth it. However, if it is not worth it at all than please let me know as to why and which specific brands I should obtain.

At the moment I am thinking of obtaining: yukon-exelon-3x50

Link: Yukon exelon 3x50

Thank you for all your input.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
S&F because I could not tell you one way or the other so hopefully a flag draws peoples attention who could actually tell you. Although I don't know much about the subject it sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the S&F, I guess after searching about this topic I could not find a specific thread about NVM others than binoculars. So, I hope this also helps other who are in the same boat as me.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by krystalice]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Gen 1 night vision is very poor quality and requires substantial amounts of ambient light to function.
I know the Gen 2,3 & 4 are rather expensive but I would go above Gen 1 if I had the money. Gen 2 is far superior to 1.
If not, Gen 1 is better than nothing.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by krystalice

I have a gen 111 monocular and a gen 111 binocs gen 1 is cheaper and if you didn't know any better it wouldn't make a difference. Gen 111 is the way to go a great place to buy night vision products is us night vision.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for all your advice people. I have decided to wait and chase a generation 2/3 NVM.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There are lots of names out there but Yukon are a good brand.

new topics

top topics

join