It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare fish captured on film!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wow man, this is freaky!

I never heard of the Large Pacific BarrelEye Fish before now.. Take a look at this and ponder the question " What the ...?"

For the first time, a large Pacific barreleye fish - complete with transparent head - has been caught on film by scientists using remotely operated vehicles at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute. The deep-sea fish's tubular eyes pivot under a clear dome.

lol, I'd probaby go diving and be the one who shines his flashlight through the fishes head... =
=

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It looks like it has a human face too, i've seen this video a long time ago, Did you see the picture of the weird alien like squid with long arms in the ocean?
Just another thing BP will end up wiping out lol!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
S&F that blew my mind. It is absolutely amazing what kinda life Earth harbors BP's gonna take that fish out.

hopefully not

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

Hi Megiddodiddo,

A great find and thanks. I'd never heard of this fish before. At first sight I thought the 'nostrils' were its eyes.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That was nuts!

It was like its own little world in that dome of his.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Truly fascinating. Eyes protected from stinging tentacles by a transparent head!

(I've seen an illustration before, but not the video.)

I wonder how long it will be before the Japs are enjoying this new delicacy...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I can't even begin to imagine how or why this thing evolved. Irreducible complexity?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Truly astonishing!

I thought it was a CGI fake at first, but it's not - its real isnt it?

I dont know where you came across this video, but it is beautiful, crazy stuff.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Awesome.

I am glad I got to see it before BP kills everything in the oceans.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
lol, I just discovered the video of this fish this morning - I myself never knew it existed.

I just hope that Scientists don't start trying to manipulate genetics to get our heads to grow transparent, they'd be able to inspect my mind and probe my thoughts!!

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
I thought it was a CGI fake at first...

I'm still in that camp. The eyes are on the front, depth perception, a predator but this doesn't look like a predator. No insult to anyone but this puppy just doesn't make sense to me. But what the hey, we live on a big planet. Could be.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
First saw the pics awhile back on this thread. Definitely a fascinating specimen.

[Edit to add]

Photoshop!!!

No, actually it's a real creature. Jump camps, 'trep.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by yeahright]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
lol...

j00 giez r funnay!

They are saying that what appears to be eyes are it's olfactory organs, and the eyes actually exist within the transparent dome.

They also state that the fish actually gets it's meals from predators like jelly fish, which the fish will swim into it's stinging tentacles and snatch the food, while the dome protects it from the stining tentacles.

This fish is a snatch and grab artist lol!

top topics

join