It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apostolic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am just curious about whether or not anyone who comes to this board is considered to be Apostolic. Has anyone ever been inside an Apostolic Church? I have been doing some research, and I have become curious about this church. I am not sure, but I think that they believe that it is necessary to speak in tongues to go to heaven.

What are your thoughts on them, if you have any?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well...the Catholic Religion is considered Apostolic..."One Holy Catholic and Apostolic"...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, Ive done my research on that. The catholic religion is formed indirectly from a few religions during the eary years (app 100-400 AD). The church of Corinth and others like combined with the help of the roman empire to form the catholic church. The traditions of the catholic religion though, are MUCH different from the traditions of the Apostolic church. As a matter of fact, they are so significant that the two religions today call each other insane wackos when they are being nice.

Apostolic religions are very similar to the pentecostal religions of today. Though, apostolic again is very fundamentalist and kind of extreme. They believe that speaking in tongues is the only way to get to heaven.

No Apostolics in here?

join