It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people born evil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Originally posted by reesie45
There is no such thing as evil. Evil is nothing more than a matter of opinion, What one would consider evil, another may consider good. Know what I mean?
Tell that to the victims of these monsters....
Their rage and vengeance would get in the way of their logic so that would be pointless.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If a person considered what Albert Fish did to his victims as "good", then they themselves would be evil. Go read about him, and then tell me what about him someone might consider to be good. I don't mean this as a personal attack on you.....but people who think like you are the very people these psychopaths choose as victims.....because they are unaware. There is evil in the world.... in my line of work I have experienced it firsthand....I'm glad you have never experienced it....and I hope you never do.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There is no such thing as evil. Evil is nothing more than a matter of opinion, What one would consider evil, another may consider good. Know what I mean?

In a sense, Evil is nothing more than a definition; however, it's one some aspire to.

Yes, there are some that feel they are personified evil, and will tell you this.

So, from a point of view, they feel they are not the ones that are abnormal, but yet are liberated that they fulfill their desires others suppress. That doesn't disqualify the entities from "out of step" practice that people view as evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
If a person considered what Albert Fish did to his victims as "good", then they themselves would be evil. Go read about him, and then tell me what about him someone might consider to be good. I don't mean this as a personal attack on you.....but people who think like you are the very people these psychopaths choose as victims.....because they are unaware. There is evil in the world.... in my line of work I have experienced it firsthand....I'm glad you have never experienced it....and I hope you never do.

I know what you mean, no offense taken or anything. But albert fish was clearly unstable, and what he did was utterly insane, And he believed what he did was right. I dont think it was right but thats my opinion, this opinion is probably the ruling opinion, but dont doubt that there are people out there who admire the kind of things he did, sad but true. Whats your line of work?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Guessing here but I do feel that some people are born evil.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Haydn_17

I think there is proof that people are born evil.

Just hang out with any woman long enough and you will soon realize they were all born evil.

Its just ashame we poor men are addicted to them and their curviness.

That made me laugh so much, I really think it's true. But I think besides just a physical trait, people have a mental tendency towards femaleness as well. Even the Gospel of Thomas says that women need to become men to enter the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Religious: "Humans are Born in Sin"

Conventional Schooling: "Nobody is born evil"

Truth: Some are born good, some are born evil, some are just born mediocre

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The guy I work with I guess you could say has a mean streak in him, a very bad one imo. He's constantly trying to run people off the road, including people on bikes. Ever present racist comments that sicken me, that right there would be enough to make me just quit but I need money and am too old to walk over a difference of opinion. Road rage like you wouldn't believe, he cuts people off every chance he gets but if he gets cut off, oh boy watch out. I've been in the truck as he's chasing some poor cab driver through the streets of Baltimore screaming and cussing at the guy, trying to get out and fight at every stop light, it's awful. He's always yelling at people including his almost elderly parents and lying about everything for no apparent reason. We go to a store for supplies sometimes he'll just break something and throw it behind a shelf, I have no idea why.

I could go on all day about this piece of s###. Is he evil, was he born this way or a product of his environment? I really don't know, but there's no arguing the fact there is seriously something wrong with the guy.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Im thinking his mommy never bought him Atari.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Your probably right, most of his behavior does resemble that of a spoiled child not getting his way. It just plain sucks to be around the guy, but yeah maybe this topic doesn't really apply to him after all.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern

Your probably right, most of his behavior does resemble that of a spoiled child not getting his way. It just plain sucks to be around the guy, but yeah maybe this topic doesn't really apply to him after all.
Yeah he seems like an irritating pest, those kind of people will never be happy, i feel bad for them.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern
The guy I work with I guess you could say has a mean streak in him, a very bad one imo. He's constantly trying to run people off the road, including people on bikes. Ever present racist comments that sicken me, that right there would be enough to make me just quit but I need money and am too old to walk over a difference of opinion. Road rage like you wouldn't believe, he cuts people off every chance he gets but if he gets cut off, oh boy watch out. I've been in the truck as he's chasing some poor cab driver through the streets of Baltimore screaming and cussing at the guy, trying to get out and fight at every stop light, it's awful. He's always yelling at people including his almost elderly parents and lying about everything for no apparent reason. We go to a store for supplies sometimes he'll just break something and throw it behind a shelf, I have no idea why.

I could go on all day about this piece of s###. Is he evil, was he born this way or a product of his environment? I really don't know, but there's no arguing the fact there is seriously something wrong with the guy.

Do you know if his doctor has assessed him, sound like a case of mania.
Manic stage, but there again he could be a complete and utter city banker.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

I see what you are saying too( I think I misunderstood you at first)....but the question was are people BORN evil. Most people who do "evil" things are mentally ill....so that means they do not know right from wrong because they are insane. However, a person who is not insane and lives thier lives pursuing evil, then goes on to kill and maim people would be considered evil.....because that person knows right from wrong. I work in the prison system LOL! So I may be a bit jaded, but I see many mentally ill people, and quite a few who if you looked into their eyes, you would feel fear....know what I mean?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Volt_

Do you know if his doctor has assessed him, sound like a case of mania.
Manic stage, but there again he could be a complete and utter city banker.

Don't know if he's been assessed but in my opinion he's a #@!$%^& nut job. I'd share more, believe me there's plenty, but I already feel bad about what little I've said about the guy.

Actually gong over the thread now I feel a little silly even mentioning my jerk of a boss when you guys are discussing true evil, he's just an ###hole.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

The guy sounds like an explosion just waiting to go off. Not normal. Why do the people at work put up with him (the boss)? He does need help because he sounds like on of those guys who just "go off" one day....I don't even know you and I worry about you being around him...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

He started his own business, if you can even call it that as I'm his only employee, no one else he knows will work with him. He needed help last winter on a job and asked if I was doing anything, I felt bad for him and said sure.

I get what your saying about him ready to explode at any moment though. Thanks for the concern but we actually get along fairly well, differences of opinion and all, it's probably because I'm so laid back. It's funny though because I go into work everyday with the mindset that if he screams at me I'm done. I'll walk home from the job, no amount of money is worth being talked down to by a guy like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sociopath or Psychopathic behaviour is were the description of the rest of humanity as "evil" lays.

We find it difficult to understand, rationalise, accept or clarify why, how and indeed in what way people with this behaviour/mental pattern do what they do.

The rest is just crimes of passion or rage, done by those without Sociopath or Psychopathic tendencies, in a spur of the moment, such as coming home and finding a friend in bed with wife etc.

The difference being those who do the crimes of passion etc feel remorse afterwards even if they may be judged by many as justified. Those with Socio/Psycho pathic tendencies don’t.

Ever.

Even if they fein to it is part of their elaborate and often very highly skilled way of manipulating the rest of us individually or collectively, a form of social engineering, to get their own way or get out of an fix. They don’t actually "feel" it even if acting as if they do.

However before judging those in the Psycho/Socio and labelling them as "evil" which in effect is just a way of describing something different from the norm, we should consider the following.

I once saw an very good interview process, when younger whilst working in mental health fields, of an Psychiatrist who interviewed some of America's most dangerous people. One in particular comes to mind. He was the mafias best hit man as such. Was serving many life sentences etc. Normal early childhood triggers, abusive father, mother to the extreme, violent neighbourhood etc, which is where many look as the "learnt" aspect of it. But many who experience this may have issues and crimes of passion and rage but still "feel". This guy however had no "feeling" however as far as others were concerned. Asked to ensure, and prove that one Mafia target was killed, rather than just kill him and record it or send a tape, he thought about it much and did the elaborate following.

He kidnapped the guy, took him to a cave isolated, tied him to a chair naked, and set up video cameras.

He knew the cave/area was a hotspot locally for rats.

Well you can imaging. It took 2 days for the guy to die.

However he watched the entire video. From start to finish. gaining pleasure from it. So in fact he did "feel" but completely opposite to what of humanity does. There is where our label of "evil" comes in, those who find pleasure in feeling the opposite of what the majority does in such situations.

Obviously he was never asked again for evidence as even the crazy if learnt madness of the "don" could not stomach what had happened.

Now this is where the interview took on an for me an very interesting turn. The psychiatrist explored the guys early life etc, and if it had been me I would be angry and messed up but not to his extreme etc.

The psychiatrist made the man "feel" for the first time since being a child again though it was well hidden.

he did this after asking about the guys first murder. When young he drove on an bike next to a car with the target. Looked him full in the face at the stop lights, smiled as the guy looked as he explained he felt a rush and sense of power over him, pulled out a sawn off and fired it 2 inches from his face. Well you can imagine the inside of the car etc. The Psychiatrist asked him what he felt when he saw what he done.

The guy answered "nothing".

The psychiatrist then said and explained that 99% of people would vomit immediately, shake, be in state, cry, release their bowels etc, even just seeing such a thing, never mind doing it.

He postulated to the psychopath, that if he had been born to a Marine Sergeant dad, a loving mother if strict, had stability and care shown when younger not sexual, physical and emotional abuse etc, had the same malfunctioning or turned of genes which made him an "sociopath/Psychopath" but had been controlled and directed in life, had then gone on to join the army, or be a fire-fighter, his lack of emotion or fear in any such incident would mean he would now be an

"Hero"

not an Sociopath/Psychopath.

He would have medals and honours! if his behaviour had been learnt and directed to use his ability not to be emotionally attached to situations, for situations of controlled murder or fearlessness such as fire-fighters, if he was made to feel proud for "country" or whatever, If he had learnt when younger to do this rather just being raped by his step dad and belted every day, so that is how he learnt to treat others.

I found that very interesting.

I hope many here do to.

What is "evil" to some if life had been different for them, with the whole nature/nature situation playing a role could be our heroes and applauded if their Nature genes had different nurture upbringings and learnt behaviour.

As they say one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter etc.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 18-7-2010 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I did not read through all the posts. There are some children who are born with reactive attachment disorder. It can come from a child sensing their mother does not want or love them. Studies have been done on this disorder and it has been found in people who were adopted into loving families. I had a foster daughter with this problem. She was a wreck. We got into therapy and I read everything I could on the disorder. Her mother did not bond with her and she was not held and loved for a very long time. She spent her days in her crib by herself, only having her basic needs met.

I also have a friend who can see auras. He said there are people with black auras and they are scarey.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yes. I think they are born with a malfunction in the part of the brain that governs empathy. This will not by itself create an evil heartless person but it is part of a necessary formula for derangement.

They are born with the propensity but this alone is not enough to create an evil person. The propensity is then nurtured and brought to fruition by human environment, experience and circumstance.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Do I believe that some people are born evil?

I believe that there is a select amount of the population who are born with particular traits or characteristics which would predominantly condition them to behave or act out in potentially harmful ways. Not only would they possess this predisposition for aggression and narcissism (either due to neurological problems or imbalances, or for a reason beyond the physical), they would additionally not feel any trace of remorse, nor occupy some level of understanding pertaining to their destructive actions.

Various other posters have mentioned psychopathy, and I agree that a certain percentage of people who fall under this classification can be considered 'evil', due to their lack of connection and utter disregard of emotion. On the same hand, I am also partial to the idea that not all psychopaths, or sociopaths, can be regarded as evil, such as the man described by NorEaster. Very simply because they do not behave in such ways deliberately; they remain predominantly unaware of their disconnectedness. The moment a person understands the implications of their destructive behaviour and continue to go about their ways, that is what I define as evil.

Millions of people around the world are ignorant. Ignorant of the true nature of the world that they live in, and ignorant of their own largely selfish behaviour and the very real and extensive implications that it creates. They remain vastly unaware, but this does not equate to evilness. It makes them unfortunate, helpless and misguided.

In saying all of this, some might be born with such predispositions, although I don't believe that we are fated as a whole. No fate but what we make. What occurs in life largely hangs on how we choose to act and react. We possess the power to change and create.

[edit on 19/7/10 by pretty_vacant]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join