It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people born evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

So he BECAME evil.....and by forming the group who idolized him, he became everything he never was as a child....important and adored by his followers. To me, there is one "man" who defines evil.....his name was Albert Fish...he was sinister and the most evil I have ever heard of.

Sometimes not knowing is a better thing...I looked up Albert Fish on Wiki.
Now I am going to go and be sick....

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Why are you on ATS, then?

Have you no clue that the majority of the people here are in full agreement that psychopaths rule the world, and are deliberately engineering humanity into an utterly sick dystopian state? All you have to do is read some real history to see what's going on.

Generally, you would be referred to as a sheep by conspiracy theorists. Just thought I'd mention that.

I am on ATS to have discussions with people who either do, or do not share my opinion. Because I am capable of doing that, without getting upset about it. Also, because I enjoy debate.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Snow.In.Summer

Enjoy your stay !!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thanks

I look forward to many interesting discussions on psychology, the occult, supernatural occurences, and UFOs.

I checked out the links you provided in your previous post, but it's not really my area of interest. However, thanks, it was thoughtful of you to provide them for me.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Haydn_17

Are some people born evil?

Nope.

All people are born evil.

Naturally it all hangs on the definition of the term. IMHO the root of evil is the attitude that 'I' am somehow more important than others. Look at any child's innate tendencies and you'll see it in its most primitive form. By the time the child gets to be a toddler it's screaming at you...

I could narrow it down to certain "types" of people but I'd get banned while you get starred .

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I know.....he is vile and it is so scary to know there are people like that among us. He truly personifies evil.....sick is too mild of a word for him.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I remember discussing this in my English class 3 years ago, we argued if some people are born evil, it's in there DNA, we also argued people getting influenced by TV and other things, and this determines there mindset.

What do you think?

This is more cathartic than anything but I don't think it is off topic.
The terminally bored only should continue because I don't have anything very scientific...but memories...

In kindergarten a little girl was moving away, she hugged another girl, I thought I saw tears, the 2 were getting emotional. I remember wondering what that was all about? I stared at them, unfamiliar with affectionate loss, friendship and that kind of love. It was a curiosity to me... this "affection."

My adopted mother used to say ...you are a bad seed little girl. I would dig out from under the large cage attached to the side of the house, and walk 1/2 mile to a creek where there was a small island in the middle. I stared at the island and watched the water rush by. Eventually they adopted a fat dalmatian named Pepper, and she dug out with me, squeezed under the wire fence and came to the creek too.

When I was 3 or 4, no older since I hadn't started school yet I remember running through the house pretending to be an airplane. It was a long house so I had built up a good speed when I slid on the bathroom rug and went .long into the tub.
They threw me up on top of an ironing board, my mother father, and Uncle Bob. My mom and dad seemed to be deferring to Uncle Bob calling for ice and a flashlight. They were looking at me strangely as if I'd grown another . and decided to take me to hospital, where we didn't wait long.
I had an "egg" I learned later but could not see then...after some conversation went straight into the x-ray.
The nurse was the most beautiful woman I ever saw off television and I remember watching her and listening to her every word.
She did ask me an awful lot of questions while mom and dad were filling out the paperwork. I thought she was interested in me and so I answered her eagerly. I felt very encouraged and supported by this new found friend.
Now I realize the woman was checking to see if I had been abused at home. She told me something like she was my friend no matter what, even more than my parents to me...all this was odd but I thought it was again, because she liked me. Kids.
Anyway I was liking this pretty woman in the starched white dress and jaunty cap, a nurse, like in the soap operas I saw everyday on TV...
...then she asked me to look thing that rolled over me. I was asking her a lot of questions about it before submitting.
Finally she told me if I loved in there I would see a little birdy inside.
I had never heard a lie before but I remember thinking...I am going to be disappointed if there is not a little birdy inside this thing and I think I had seen one of these at the dentist so I doubted it very much.....Needless to say...

Our fast friendship was gone in an instant. She was just lying to me.

In this permanently hard wired moment I understood not only what a lie was but how it might be used to get people to do what you want.

It was remarkable to me I did not have a tendency to lie built in yet.
It was an ah ha moment.

Later on recalling this incident which I think is my earliest memory, and remembering not knowing what a lie was until this moment. I say often, and like to think that none of us were there not the first lie, none of us would need to (or have thought to) lie on our own....and then this might be extended to every bad thing. These are learned behavior's.

Later in life...oh about 8, the parents decide to reveal that yes, I was adopted and both my real parents were criminals.

They showed me newspaper clippings of their escapades...stealing cars and robbing banks. Dad looked like a Viking, I'd already learned they beat Columbus to the Americas, all in white, thin gaunt, tall and pathetic looking in handcuffs being dragged away for a bank robbery. Everyone else in my family had dark hair and dad had brown skin and a widows peak lots of black hair...up to now I had not wondered why I was the only one with blond hair.
Mom, I was told in the home schooling session that day, was a lesbian who turned tricks and sported tattoos. She was a gambler and a drinker.
In the 50's this was all considered a little riskque. Mom got involved with an even worse crew and a lesbian lover after she divorced my natural father.
They left her atop a bank after a robbery, her getaway helicopter did not show up. I couldn't see her face. She had her . down in the clipping that was faded and folded, her hands were in cuffs also and covered her face like she was crying.

Shocking as you might think all this would be to a kid...I remember mostly thinking about another girl in my school named Carol who the teacher always deferred to, pointing out was adopted whenever there was a discussion about parents or family units...I remember it crossed my mind..."Oh Carol have I got a story for you!"

I didn't feel bad or anything...To tell the truth, I was a little relieved my mother was not my mother, she had her own issues....(planning to wrote stories about her agoraphobia)
I do vividly remember there-after trying to feel if there was a genetic disposition, though of course, I did not know it was called that then. I wondered if there was a "devilish streak" inside me from my natural parents, or if my mom was just a little crazy herself...?.
Mom and I even watched The Bad Seed together. I remember thinking, I could never be like that girl. She absolutely terrifies me. My mother would still sometimes look at me hard and focused, trying to see something, and as if I might snap at any moment and slaughter the household.

She used to make me laugh.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

A newborn is is defenseless, not able to communicate evil or non evil.

However once they begin to walk and talk evil traits can begin to emerge. I knew a couple that had a boy age 4. As far as I know they did not abuse him in a physical sense but they did not discipline him in any way for the bad things he did. They laughed and thought it was cute. He would push and knock adults off of the porch or landings (me included), bite people, tear up items in other peoples home and give them a stare that would kill as he did it. He found a knife (his parents were never careful about putting things away) and chopped off his dogs tail. I stopped associating with this couple because of the kid and their response to him. I can't even image how he turned out - I hate to think about it. My husband and I referred to him as little satan. This kid had evil eyes, reminded me of the kid in the Omen.

So as an answer to your question, yes I would say some are born evil.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Or it could be that he was born with innate evil tendencies, as every other person — but his parents failed to curb their manifestation.

A fascinating example. It certainly brings to the fore the importance of effective parenting.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

My adopted mother used to say ...you are a bad seed little girl.

She really did have issues!

While I believe we are all born with an innate tendency to put ourselves above others that is very different perspective from the condescending attitude given above. What parent in their right mind could believe saying such things to a child would be beneficial?

The crux of the matter is that a good parent will instil into a child the deep-founded belief that they are loved. After all it's the security provided by love and acceptance that engenders a child's desire to love in return. And it's the desire to please that often motivates a child to follow a parent's instruction.

Consequently, assuming such parents' instruction contains sound moral principles, it is above all parents who are the conduit that enables a child to overcome their innate shortcomings.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

To me, there is one "man" who defines evil.....his name was Albert Fish...he was sinister and the most evil I have ever heard of.

I had not heard of this Albert Fish before, so I briefly read what is on wikipedia. He was a very sinister, evil person that should have been caught before he perpetrated all of those crimes.

Many believe that these cases are grotesquely exaggerated for sensationalism, but often they are not.

It's ashamed safeguards don't catch them earlier.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Resentment is the number one factor in all spiritual illness.

She lied to you.
You felt hurt, angry, afraid, and did not tell, share, speak about, vent those feelings, so now you have a resentment.

Just write that nurse a feelings letter.

And send it to her in the dead letter box.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There is no such thing as evil. Evil is nothing more than a matter of opinion, What one would consider evil, another may consider good. Know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Child molestation/rape/murder/people trafficking/racketeering/embezzelment...

I'm sorry, but "No such thing as evil" just doesn't cut it in the real world.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Child molestation/rape/murder/people trafficking/racketeering/embezzelment...

I'm sorry, but "No such thing as evil" just doesn't cut it in the real world.
Like I said, ITs a matter of opinion, nothing more. Cannibalism is wrong to Us, but for others it makes them feel more spiritual. Variety is the spice of life.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Like I said, ITs a matter of opinion, nothing more.

Not if you're a victim.

I may be coming across as a bit harsh. Apologies if that's the case. But the last time I challenged a virtually identical post it turned out the guy was likely a practitioner of perhaps some of the choice activities I mentioned above.

How very convenient he didn't believe evil exists.

Thankfully it appeared he was posting from behind bars...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Im just being realistic. IT all depends on how you were raised. Im against all of the above, im just saying there are people who would have a different opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
off course

some born are born with mental diseases ... and if they are psychopaths, its kind of hard for them to not become bad ...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by passingthought

Sadly, they are not exaggerated....When I studied abnormal psychology for my criminology classes, I had to do research on these people....and the evil man is capable of is horrendous. Albert Fish was evil personified. I felt contaminated just reading about him!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
There is no such thing as evil. Evil is nothing more than a matter of opinion, What one would consider evil, another may consider good. Know what I mean?
Tell that to the victims of these monsters....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join