It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Sea LAND Animals and Biospheres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just as we have different species on land,
I think the same applies underwater, ie. mammals, insects, birds, etc.
For instance, a "bird" type would be the frilly Lion Fish,
Dolphin/whales the mammal,
crustaceans are similar to insects (exoskeleton),
sea cucumber, the slug? (BTW slugs and snails are animals)
sea horses and others that rear their young in their mouth, the marsupial,
and so on.
Think about it, could it be possible that as life was developing, it originated
from the sea creatures? Due to evolution and adaptation, our land species
developed/changed accordingly.

There is a completely different world undersea...
Strange, we have accomplished visiting the vacuum of space,
but still have not been able to conquer the pressure of the waters.
Once that can be successful, underwater biospheres can and should be made.....
One sure way to not to be affected much by tsunamis or global flooding.
Not EVERYONE can make it to space for catastrophe,
but everyone CAN go undersea..........
Once a good biosphere is made and stable, undergorund tunneling can
begin, too, to expand the living area.

I would like to still continue trying to figure out or even guess as close
as possible the relations of sea and land species.
Such as an octopus....that must be something of its own, all I can think of
is it has eight limbs (spider?) but it is soft bodied (no exo.),
but then you look at a crab, it also has eight legs, has an exo. and could
be a starter for the arachnid.

I would love for anyone to contribute their guesses on what they think the
relations are or could have been.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What about the squid and the jellyfish? The squid has an endoskeleton and the jellyfish has no skeleton. I'm not sure what kind of land animal or insect is related to a squid or a jellyfish. Unless they haven't discovered that kind of species, if there is one.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would think the squid, octopus and cuttlefish are a combo of mollusk/insect (arachnid?) I am not sure, but I think mollusks can either have a shell or not. A slug/snail are considered land mollusk (one type has a shell, the other does not). My idea about the arachnid portion is again the eight limbs. So that must have been a combo, then later was split up accordingly for adaptation to land.

The jelly (invertabrate) is something very special. I think it is more of a giant living cell. Maybe combo that with mollusk.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Hi!

Thanks for the great thread - and how right you are! How little do we know of life in the oceans....

Incidentally, yesterday I was on my balcony and thinking in reverse terms - how little we know of what is in the air above us. I was watching at a low level blackbirids and ravens shuttling backwards and forewards but above them, house martins and swallows feeding at quite a great hight - that meant high flying insects... And above them was a bird of prey - a kite I think. and way way above that was a jet!

Have provided a link to evolution charts - the 13th one shows all the branches and may help answer some of you questions....

www.bing.com...#

Peace

[edit on 15-7-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Thank you for providing the Evo charts! Cool!
Yes, it is very interesting that we not only have different species of life, but different levels, too.

I liked you air observaton. We rarely stop, take a look around and actually notice, think, and ponder. So busy in daily life.

Life began somehow, and from that point, branched out accordingly. Still so very much to learn.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
this thread is cool;

the internal functioning of animals in the sea and the functioning of animals on land may be similar in some respect though im not a phylogeneticist. the adaptation of land animals is entirely different from sea based lifeforms.humans for example are composed of a sentience with a biosphere container.sea based lifeforms seem much simpler and streamlined and it would be amazing if in the sea there is an analogy to man but in exact relation it would probably be an abomination.i could see jelly fish as being the closest "animal" to a human in direct comparison to adaptation and function versus their differing environments. it would be hard to find direct analogies to land and sea based life because of the environment.

new topics

top topics

join