It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers discover 18th century ship buried at World Trade Centre site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Workers discover 18th century ship buried at World Trade Centre site

www.dailym ail.co.uk

The remains of a ship dating back to the 18th century have been uncovered by workers close to the theold World Trade Centre site in lower Manhattan.
Archaeologists said the 32ft-long vessel was probably used along with other debris to fill in land to extend New York City into the Hudson River.
Those who examined the find described it as 'significant'.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I found this to be quite interesting and havn't seen a thread for it at time of posting.

You gotta wonder what else we've built over or should i say what else they've built over... parts of History are below us... parts of history which maybe they didn't want discovered!!

These Archeaologists do a good job.

www.dailym ail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
cool find!

I still cant believe they are still working in that pit how long did it take to build the original twin towers. isn't Bldg7 already rebuilt. what a joke, I doubt if they will ever be rebuilt.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
cool find!

I still cant believe they are still working in that pit how long did it take to build the original twin towers. isn't Bldg7 already rebuilt. what a joke, I doubt if they will ever be rebuilt.

Geez. This isn't from "that pit", it's from what will be a brand new parking structure.

The area under excavation, between Liberty and Cedar Streets, had not been dug out for the original trade center. The vessel, presumably dating from the mid- to late 1700s, was evidently undisturbed more than 200 years.

This isn't the first ship they've found in the area either.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thats really interesting, I have no idea of the history of New York or the surrounding area. It's refreshing finding a new topic and something to dig into.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Too bad we don't put such interesting things in our land fills today. But who knows, today's trash is tomorrows treasure.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Oh my god. The bible is true. Noah's ark has been found. Though I though it would be older.

top topics

join