It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Confirms It Lobbied for Libyan Prisoner Release, Denies Involvement in Lockerbie Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

BP confirmed Thursday it lobbied the U.K. government to speed up the release of Libyan prisoners -- but denied it tried to intervene in the case of Lockerbie bomber Abdel Basset al Megrahi.

The company, currently battling the catastrophic oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, made the statement after U.S. senators accused BP of being part of a deal to free Megrahi early in return for lucrative oil exploration rights.

A statement from BP said: “It is matter of public record that in late 2007 BP told the U.K. Government that we were concerned about the slow progress that was being made in concluding a Prisoner Transfer Agreement with Libya.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.foxnews.com...]

The other day, I started a thread about several US Senators who were starting to ask whether BP was the reason that Abdel Basset al Megrahi was set free in 2009.

Now it appears that BP is admitting to that fact, sort of. The article pretty much discusses how they are trying to dance around the issue so I suggest everyone read it.

This is like salt in the wound of their oil disaster. Not only were they the most reckless oil company operating within our borders, but they actively worked for release of someone convicted of killing many Americans. BP also seems to be screwing many people out of their claims and cutting corners to this as well. I think that BP is one of America's worst enemies and it is now time for criminal charges.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This story was highlighted on Canadian Yahoo several days ago. I can ramember when the man being released from a British jail on compassionate grounds, because he was dying from cancer. Canadian TV had pictures of a frail person being transported with oxygen to a plane. Going back to Lybia for his last breath. But Lybian air does wonders and he is totally recovered.
Now it turns out that a BP project in Lybia was going too slow so they got involved in having this man released. BP admitted the lobbying and its success.
The strange part was that on the news clip it stated that Obama and Cambell had mutually decided that any more BP bashing was bad for stock prices and thereby bad for all interests concerned.
So a bomber resposible for 270+ American lives walking free.

join