It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Martial Law Really Such A Bad Thing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i've read about " the civilian defense force" to be headed by stephen flynn.
then it fell off my radar.
the army has acts to impose on the civilian population- 675? to form work details..
i mean - we are hardly citizens with a say in what goes on.. just civilians..
but is martial law a bad thing?
stick around and find out.
the camps are ready.. the buses, trains..all aboard!
consider:
the us prison pop is more than china with 5 x our gen. pop.
the us prison pop doubled under clinton.
most us military gear is assembled by federal prisoners
many top companies have contracts for cheap prison labor
the private prison industry is growing by leaps and bounds.
a big player is the begian world thug supplier- wackenhut.
the do security for nuke plants-
the outfit that wacked karen silkwood.
now they work for BP in the gulf. the plot thickens..
who contracts prison labor - microsoft for one.
maker of x-box 360..war fighting stimulators.
training kids to go to war.
and then theres grand theft auto -
training kids to go to prison.
so either way, you will work for the military.
for years on end. endless wars..star wars-
wars are always in the oil fields or opium fields?
and now in the homeland?
i'm at war. a psy-ops..serf city here we come..
this message brought to you by the Church of Later Dude Saints..

[edit on 15-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Martial law is a NO.
If things got so bad here that there were uniforms on the streets, there would literally be uniforms on the streets.
Martial law is a deal breaker, at which point anyone trying to show authority must die
Foreign soldiers we will kill you.
Cowboys and Indians ...check
Cowboys vs The nwo ...next
That's pretty much how any red blooded American sees it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

That's because you are already living in a police state.

The UK under martial law really wouldn't change much at all.

My friend, you are so correct it hurts. The problem is, people are so used to slavery - they not only dont know what freedom looks like - but I think they are afraid of it ..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Well i don’t really mean marital law as such rather military involvement in civilian matter’s. It’s more of a question for Americans but I was wondering if you can envisage any event that would require the intervention of the military. I am sort of thinking along the lines of terrorists taking hostages or a group taking over a oil rig and the use of Delta Force and Seal Team 6. We have done this before in the UK and i know that other states do it however in America it is very controversial so i was just wondering if any ATSters can see any justification for it. Also anyone who isn’t American what do you think about it.

I personally agree with it but only when it is absolutely necessary and as a last resort but sometimes i think it is inevitable. I know some of you may fear it could bring about permanent martial law and coup or whatever else. The truth is i don’t hold such fears when it comes to the UK military becoming involved with civilian terrorist matters.

EDIT:Sorry the OP might not have been clear enough, i am not talking about blanket martial law i am asking what people think of the military being used in civilian matters such as terrorism.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by kevinunknown]

I've read some of the comments in regard to your question and I will answer it simply. Some actions or goals or whatever have to high of a price, you must know your limits. Why is it that Germany makes it illegal to fly the swatzika or to say that the holocaust didn't happen. It's because they where scarred from WWII and the Hitler regime. They know how this game is played and at first it was innoccent banter or hooligans that where wanting to nationalize then they became a force and then a power to the point that people where scared to go against them. You look at Argentina and the dirty war years which was a brutal police state, people disappeard and where never seen again and on and on and on. These nations and people who have lived in a police state know what it's like and don't like the even wisps of it coming back. In the US we have never been in a police state, and when you add in the fact that we believe that we are exceptional to all others, we don't think it could happen here. But it is, police beating people up tazering them killing them and getting off scott free. You have the justice system designed to make money, you have local and national politicians that use expediancy as the reason for everything over true law.

You know your in a police state when your wife or mother or sister or girlfriend comes home and she's acting different. She's dressing down more and she's avoiding certain areas of the city and/or the town, why is that. It's because in a full fledge police state, the govt. official or enforcer took a shine to your female love one and either threatened her or her family if she didn't do something for him. And the female knows it's best to keep it quiet because what is her male counterpart going to do except get himself killed or his whole family killed or imprisoned.

You know your in a police state when the husband or wife or grandparents start to talk more an more about immigrating to Japan, Argentina, Canada wherever. Because the males know that since they aren't a part of the machinery, they have no power and therefore have been demasculated. Can't protect their women, can't protect their household. They want to get away because they know that their time will be up and they will be on the bad end of the police state.

You know your in a police state when the biggest employer is the govt., and people jump into the jobs because they need it and want to be "safe" from the new version of the stazi.

And you know your in a police state when you find yourself and your family staying inside alot more especially at night, for fear of all the above. Police states is a misnomer, it should be called Bully states or Sadistic states, states that allow people to do anything they want to others without any consequences. It all seems comfortable and makes sense, until your the one on the other side of the sadistic machine.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
============================

The residents of this sleepy little California town think so......

Everybody supports a quarantine to contain something dangerous .... that is until they are the subject of the quarantine themselves.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
is jail so bad? free food and amenities right?

i don't mean that sarcasticly or comparitively

Yes, jail is horrible. Being denied your freedom is the worse thing that can happen to you. You are being forcibly detained like an animal. Actually I would bet many animals at the zoo are treated better than incarcerated individuals. Jail food sucks and you have to eat what they give you, no ordering off of a menu. You have to do what you are told when you are told to do it. You are no longer a real human, just a living object that the guards look down upon and despise and try to get at you in every way they think they can without getting into too much trouble. If you think losing your freedom and dignity is worth a free p.o.s. nasty sandwich and orange drink in a bag then may you "go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!"

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by mnemeth1

Interesting but surly there has to come a point where one’s own safety is more important than civil liberties, at least for a short time until any danger has passed or been naturalised

No, disregarding your G*D given rights for safety is for cowards. Just in case no one has posted Benjamin Franklin's quote yet (if it has sorry but it bears repeating):
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

In the U.S., I would be afraid of martial law becoming permanent. At the very least, once it happens once, it will start to occur more and more often. The situation over here is strange.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

so far? i don't like it.

but this is my opinion.
who wants my tax dollars for what?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think the OP seems to underestimate the capabilties of civilian law enforcement and in particular FBI's HRT teams. In the scenario of the cruise ship you will find that not only do the HRT teams but also many metro police departments train for this very scenario. The use of active duty military personel is used but only in a support capacity (translation, logistics and movement support, etc..) and their scope is very defined and in no way infringe into the realm of law enforcement.

While the US militaries SMU's (Special Mission Units) are very good and rank in the world best, so does the FBI HRT units. There have been instances where they were the go to unit for overseas operations with the apprehension of Kahlid Shiek Mohhamad coming to mind and the recent capture of Somali based terrorist in Uganda.

As an Army officer I will for one say that martial law is a very bad thing. We are some of the best war fighters on the planet but I will be the first to admit that we suck at police work.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Who would ask themselves if "Martial Law is really such a bad thing"?

Perhaps someone who is trying to rationalize the police state in which they live into something not so bad?

Or maybe the crab-bucket effect; he wants everyone else to have it as bad as he does

Then there is the theory that he is an foreign (enemy) agent with an agenda.
(Of course due to the nature of indoctrination in that country, we may just be seeing the product of a lifetime of force-fed statist propaganda and he might be an 'unwitting' agent who simply does not know any better. This seems unlikely as he seems to know full-well what he is doing)

Alternatively he could be a person in the process of waking up. But I doubt it.

*No matter the reason I have no pity for such people.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Does Elmer Fudd have trouble with the letter "R"?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Well you ask the question

"Is martial law a bad thing?"

Most Americans would say yes, because we value our rights more than security.

When a society is armed, military security becomes unnecessary.

The left in America would favor martial law because they have been taught that being responsible for your own security is a no-no. Which is why they are in favor of gun laws, but most American's don't fall into that category.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

Yes permanent martial law is a good thing.

just too many thugs and low life on the streets now.

too much night life.

drug dealing,prostit,junkies...

horrible acts being committed.

fear of violence everywhere.

people should be in bed by 10 at the latest and tv should not be broadcasting after 9 pm amd allow people to talk to each other instead of watching the stupid gogle box..... also and no one should be allowed out after 10.30 max as there is no need.

Even police should not be allowed out after 11.00 as no crimes will exist as everyone is inside and since crime cannot be committed if you are inside the house the world would be a safer and better place.

Anyone found out side would be tasered and put in prison for 30 days unless they can prove a good reason and fined at least $10000.

society needs to be ordered.

we must have law and order and stop this anarchy.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Reminds me of movie like Documentary called Punishment Park

Punishment Park Trailer

the movie is based on the Internal Security Act of 1950
The Mccarren Act

tucnak.fsv.cuni.cz...

just imagine the Mass of Many defying the Bill!/ACT

a list of Acts
en.wikipedia.org...:United_States_federal_defense_and_national_security_legislation

Goes Along what is now the Patriot Act
en.wikipedia.org...

Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008
en.wikipedia.org...

Rep. Brad Sherman Martial Law

from the Tubeposter :The plans to implement martial law in America have been taking shape for decades, hidden behind "Continuity of Government" contingency planning. Now, with public outcry over the banker bailout bill at fever pitch, all of the pieces are in place for the U.S. Army to start policing American citizens.

We might as well live in Nazi Germany ! paper please! Sir/Mam your papers opps i mean your implant is not in order step out of the vehicle please

How close are we to Martial Law in the US? ALERT! in 2007 about Katrina & Clergy

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join