It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue Black Holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Rogue Black Holes

There are estimated to be about ten million black holes in the Milky Way, all of which are difficult to find, observe and track. If a black hole were to pass through our solar system, it would distort the other planets' orbits. This, in turn, could mean the Earth becoming drawn into an elliptical path that would result in massive climate swings or, more catastrophically, the Earth could even be ejected from the solar system altogether and sent hurtling in to space. The good news is that black holes orbit like other stars, so one is unlikely to be headed our way. The bad news is that we would not know if one was.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I thought black holes were just a theory, I didn't know they were proven to exist?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
[edit on 16-6-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoscreator
I thought black holes were just a theory, I didn't know they were proven to exist?

They are proven as much as possible. There are high mass regions of space that emit no light. Black holes are about as proven as any other cosmological body. Actually, there is MORE direct proof of black holes than the existance of planets around other stars.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaoscreator

Here is a place to start learning of black holes. Also try a on sight google search you will be amazed if you truely didnt know they are all but proven beyound doubt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join