It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something digging in my back.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
this is a bit weird

I noticed it starting to happen about 6 months ago whilst I was driving my GF's car.

Everynow and then when I drive it feels like someone is pushing their feet or knee into the back of the seat, like maybe a child would do if they sit behind you, but no-one sits behind me. Its weird

This also started happening when I get the bus to work, and no-one is sat behind me as I sit on the back seat.

Its a very strange feeling, and I dont get it all the time only every now and then. i can actually feel something pushing the back of my seat and it feels like my body goes forward slightly too and i can feel something in my back. I have no back health problems either. It only happens when I am sat in vehicles

weird

anyone on here have similar thing or know what Im talking about ?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I can imagine what you mean, although i can't think what would cause it, other than a nerve or muscular problem.

May be worth going to the doc and get it checked out, it could be a warning that something is going on with your back.

Speaking of knees or kids kicking your seat...you want to try a 12 hour flight from Singapore to New Zealand with a little brat constantly kicking the back of your chair! Oh how i loved that flight...almost as much as the flight i took some time after 9/11, and another kid behind me, about the same age as the one i just mentioned, went on incessantly about 'what if there was a bomb', and Boom, bang, nee-naa, nee-naa, BOOM..haha, haha, we are going to crash...that was another really enjoyable flight, i can tell ya!

Hope your back is ok, seriously though, don't mess about with it, go and see the doc.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sounds like a muscle spasm mate (the non painful kind)! Errant brain signal causes a muscle in your back to flutter. Mid region by any chance? I only ask because I've had them before an each time they have been mid back.

IRM

[edit on 15/7/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smiler74

anyone on here have similar thing or know what Im talking about ?

I have had a sharp stabbing pain in my back for years. I finally found it was a knife sticking in there, forensics tells me it has the govts finger prints all over it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
99% chance a chair/back-ghost is following you

1% chance you have a muscular problem

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I had a similar feeling before my spinal cord swelled up. Is there any tingling in your legs or feet? If so, you better get an MRI as you may have a bone spur or something similar.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You are not crazy my friend. My wife and i experience these pushes in the seat often. It really does feel like the kids are pushing on the back of the seat. It is a really strange feeling especially when driving.

to the cause of it, unknown. We just think of it as someone is along for the ride...Thanks for posting this, as i thought it was only us that had this happen to.

later

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here is a list of things that it "could" be that no one has mentioned yet:

1. A ghost that follows you around and likes sitting behind you in cars.

2. An evil demon that wants to kill you in a car.

3. HAARP.

4. MIB.

5. Invisible aliens.

6. A tumor.

I would visit the doctor and have him do a CAT scan. Good luck and best wishes.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Smiler74

I noticed the same thing twice so far in a car that I have owned for a little over 3 months. The first time I blew it off thinking I must have been losing it, but today it was much abrupt. It literally felt as if my son was in the back seat behind me pushing his feet into the back of my seat. I told my wife about it today, and she said she experienced the same feeling while driving my car a couple of weeks back. It is incredibly strange.. I can't imagine we would both have the same sort of back spasm, only while driving my car.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have had this happen several times in many different cars. The first time it was in a Ford Ranger XLT pickup truck (with an extra cab). It would happen so often I would pull over to the side and inspect the extra cab area thinking that someone or something was back there. Then I was worried that a mouse or rat had gotten into the seat padding and was nesting in there...but there wasn't any sounds or droppings and traps didn't catch anything. I wound up trading the truck in for a Nissan Pathfinder...and within a few months the same thing started happening. It can be very disconcerting if it happens when I am all alone in the car or driving at night. I'm relieved to hear that other people have had this experience too...it helps to know that I am not the only one that has experienced this.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'm bumping this in the hope of speaking to someone about it.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
happens to me as well, I searched and found this reply to: Smiler74

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: triplecrown12

This happened to me last night in a car I've owned for 3 years. Seat heater was on as is normal this time of year. I literally stopped the car and looked in the back seat to be sure someone hadn't gotten in. My Dad passed recently and I really hope it was him, maybe encouraging me to drive more safely.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey all, just joined so I can post this.
This is only forum where I found others who had the same experience.
So my mom passed away in 2017 and some years later I was driving my wife’s car at night and felt something push against my seat. Like a person sitting in the back seat and pushing with their foot slowly but not aggressively. I freaked out and thought someone was hiding in the back seat. I tried to pretend like I didn’t notice and slowly pulled over and jumped out of the car. Of course no one was back there. I got back in to drive and then it happened again some minutes later but I just ignored it because I thought I was crazy.

So I never told my wife and then this year she tells me (about 6 months ago) that she was sitting in the car (not driving) and felt something push into the back of her seat. She was also startled, look behind her, saw nothing and just shrugged and drove away.

I told her I felt the same thing (happened to me several other times) and we both freaked out.

Anyone have the experience again?
edit on 11-3-2024 by Jthmp because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2024 by Jthmp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join