It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geomagnetic Storm Is Here!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hold your silver pendants and take off your shoes people!

Right now we are experiencing an unseen before STORM in the GEOMAGNETIC FIELD!

Source: www.solarcycle24.com

Here is an image of the geomagnetic pressure:

Note the orange segments in the picture, these are very high levels!

10500 are being evacuated from Nagasake and Hiroshima, Japan!!
Source: hisz.rsoe.hu...

We also have a STATEWIDE flood in yemen wtf is going on..

[edit on 15-7-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So what exactly does a geomagnetic storm do to everyday living conditions?

Does it affect electrical equipment?

Here is a link to the beeb story on the Japan storms

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Sorry that's not really much of anything.

spaceweather.com...

Kp = 5 magnetic storm, not very strong, somewhat commonplace

www2.nict.go.jp... contains movies of past day's images

When you see reds and whites it's usually stronger, but still not an indication of anything much more than stronger auroras.

If we were to have another Carrington-type event most likely the sensors that form this image would be overloaded.

Only reason I know is because it's somewhat of a hobby of mine ... I've checked both spaceweather and the nict's simulation every day for the past 3 or 4 years

You can be sure if something big hit it would be all over the front of spaceweather.com.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
May as well pot this here too:

Sunspot 720 released an X7 flare on the 20 January 2005, the solar wind density went as high as 29 protons/cm3.

The protons reached earth in a matter of minutes instead of hours (or days).

This is because the sunspot was in an area that magnetically connects the sun with the earth, 60° west longitude.

The sun's magnetic field spirals out into the solar system like water from a lawn sprinkler. (Why? The sun spins like a lawn sprinkler does.) The magnetic field emerging from solar longitude 60o W bends around and intersects Earth. Protons are guided by magnetic force fields so, on January 20th, there was a superhighway for protons leading all the way from sunspot 720 to our planet.

Virtually the perfect solar storm, luckily it was only an X7. Imagine if it was an X28 storm!

All this fuss over B, C and M class flares, I dunno.

Also to add a link to The 1859 Super storm.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Greetings rajaten;

Your image is rather pale in comparison to this.

www2.nict.go.jp...

This was the time of the peak disturbance. Around midnight.

www2.nict.go.jp...

Not being wise, merely observant.

trinity369

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by trinity369

wow thankyou I missed that, was that last night around midnight? what does it mean???

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiverz

So what does this mean?? that solarcycle24.com is reporting a geomagnetic storm??? how common is this? when will it end? will it affect tides or anything at all, even to a small degree?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
what does it mean???

NOTHING

Or, if you live in the polar regions, it means you get to see auroras.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If you think today is severe than look at this.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

These things are going to get worse as time goes by, but for now we are going to be fine. Just my opinion.

trinity369

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
Note the orange segments in the picture, these are very high levels!

Nope, orange is only middle of the range as you can see by the graph on the right of the picture...

Strangely enough it is a medium sized flare!

Try this one:

www3.nict.go.jp...

Red and White (off the scale).

Can I ask why you seem to embrace ignorant fear mongering?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Can I ask why you derive satisfaction from fictitiously believing others are beneath your intellect?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Chadwickus;

I am curious if you had noticed the absence of data on SOHO for 01JUL10 and 02JUL10, LASCO2 and LASCO3. I had posted this on another thread with little responce. It was followed buy a dual CME on 03JUL10. Any thoughts or coment?

trinity369

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
give this post a star
posted on 10-7-2010 @ 03:40 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:
Restating my origanl post;

Have to go now, I will be back later to cheek on this thread.

trinity369

Greetings Everyone;

This is my first post on ATS. I finally joined this site after lurking for over a year. Now I guess I am on the list to be watched by the you kNoW whO. O well, I just had to reply to this post, so here goes.
I have been observing the relationship between the CME's from the sun and our magnetosphere simulations for a long while. On 03JUL10 I observed a rather large flare. Knowing that in the past some of these have been preceded by objects (comets, asteroids, mother ships, ect) I proceeded to go to SOHO and observe the previous days of footage. Much to my disappointment, there was no LASCO 2 or LASCO 3 movie theater for 01JUL10 or 02JUL10. I called ATS, and Emailed them as well, I did receive an Email back stating that it would take 48 hours for their response. I have been checking the site ever since for a post until I found yours. All though not the same subject the two are related.
Monday the fifth was the twin CME at 10 and 4 o'clock that really had my attention. As you have shown, IF one like that was to impact the earth, life would be in a serious detrimental state of chaos.
The third prophecy of Fatama could very well be a event such as this striking in Russia. Just my opinion.

trinity369

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
[Crickets chirping] .... [whistling]... Nothing out of the ordinary happening here. Lights are on, computer & phones working. I don't think this is "the big one."

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Sunspot 720 released an X7 flare on the 20 January 2005, the solar wind density went as high as 29 protons/cm3.

The protons reached earth in a matter of minutes instead of hours (or days).
This is because the sunspot was in an area that magnetically connects the sun with the earth, 60° west longitude.

I wonder if that is the auroras that I watched one night in the winter a while back. I don't remember the year or date, just that it was extremely cold, and 2 or 3 years ago. I stood outside for about an hour at night all bundled up, watching the most incredible light show I have ever seen. I had a thought (fleeting) of wondering if I was getting any radiation, but it was too beautiful to go inside. I am about the 53rd parellel. I will be watching for these again

new topics

top topics

join