It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 States Back Arizona in U.S. Immigration Suit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by taskforce4256

Nice list. I still believe there is plenty of evidence pointing to his lying about where he was born.

I'm sure you do. And I'm still sure that no one that matters is going to do jack-squat about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The states will lose. Immigration law is a Federal responsibility, the states can't legislate to interfere with immigration or foreign policy. And what's worse, there's no basis to claim the Federal Government isn't enforcing immigration law. Arizona's illegal population has dropped 18% since 2008.

Illegal immigration in Arizona:

* The federal government estimated that Arizona had one of the fastest growing illegal immigrant populations in the country, increasing from 330,000 in 2000 to 560,000 by 2008.1

* Arizona has adopted other laws to deter the settlement of illegal immigrants in the state in recent years. The federal government estimates that the illegal immigrant population dropped by 18 percent in the state from 2008 to 2009, compared to a 7 percent drop for the nation as a whole.2 This may be evidence that the state enforcement efforts are having an impact.

Center for Immigration Studies

[edit on 7/15/2010 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
The states will lose. Immigration law is a Federal responsibility, the states can't legislate to interfere with immigration or foreign policy. And what's worse, there's no basis to claim the Federal Government isn't enforcing immigration law. Arizona's illegal population has dropped 18% since 2008.

Illegal immigration in Arizona:

* The federal government estimated that Arizona had one of the fastest growing illegal immigrant populations in the country, increasing from 330,000 in 2000 to 560,000 by 2008.1

* Arizona has adopted other laws to deter the settlement of illegal immigrants in the state in recent years. The federal government estimates that the illegal immigrant population dropped by 18 percent in the state from 2008 to 2009, compared to a 7 percent drop for the nation as a whole.2 This may be evidence that the state enforcement efforts are having an impact.

Center for Immigration Studies

You comment that the Feds are doing their jobs in enforcing the immigration laws, but the data you present says that State enforcement efforts are credited for the drop. That means that Arizona is doing the job, not the Feds.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

If the Arizona state law on illegale immigration is against the federal laws, then what of all of the sanctuary cities in the country which does nothing to stem the flow and offer safe haven to illegale immigrants of all walks of life?

Bolding mine.

Personally I'd like to see the Feds go after Chicago for being a sanctuary city. Nothing would make me happier than Chicago being forced to drop their sanctuary status

Edit for spelling, somtimes I type to fast

[edit on 7/15/2010 by chise61]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I actually posted a thread on this yesterday Justice: Sanctuary cities are no Arizona. The DOJ will not go after sanctuary cities.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The states will lose. Immigration law is a Federal responsibility, the states can't legislate to interfere with immigration or foreign policy.

They haven't legislated anything that interferes with immigration (where does foreign policy come into play here ?).

And what's worse, there's no basis to claim the Federal Government isn't enforcing immigration law.

Where's the basis to claim that they are enforcing it ?

Arizona's illegal population has dropped 18% since 2008.

Yes because Arizona started doing things like going after employers that hire illegals, back in 07' I believe.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

No sadly they won't be going after sanctuary cities, it doesn't play into their agenda. Although the sanctuary cities are the exact thing they should be going after because the sanctuary cities are the ones that are actually breaking the law, while Arizona is actually trying to uphold the law.

Thanks for the link, check it out in a bit.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Instead of just backing Arizona those ten should seize the rights to all
military hardware and personel within there borders and with out
hesitation immediately attack Washington D.C. And Take the monsters head so to speak. Did I write that in plain sight?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60
You comment that the Feds are doing their jobs in enforcing the immigration laws, but the data you present says that State enforcement efforts are credited for the drop. That means that Arizona is doing the job, not the Feds.

Arizona is not responsible for the nationwide drop in illegal immigration of 7%. They were also not enforcing immigration law in 2009, they didn't have a law written then. Their local policies could be credited with the extra 11% drop in their state, and if so they should have just stuck with them.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Arizona is not responsible for the nationwide drop in illegal immigration of 7%.

No the economy is.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Would be nice to see all the States stand behind Arizona. I'll be watching this thread in hopes of seeing more added to the list.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm glad to see PA up there

Too bad not all of our politcians are such good thinkers, Tim Murphy and Mike Doyle are the only supports of Ron Paul's HR1207 Federal bill to audit the reserve.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Thank goodness South Carolina is one of them. At this point, it isn't even about the law itself moreso than than the issue of states' righs Vs. the federal government.

I for one am straight up TIRED of the federal government running our lives and taxing us to death. A group of united people can stand up to this tyranny. They are over in Afghanistan and Iraq killing innocents and they have their eyes on Iran. Sure, there are some governments that have taken over, but they don't suffer. Their people suffer.

Follow the Libertarian principle, defend yourself and stop being proactive. It doesn't do us any good. The 9/11 strike, if it was a legit attack from a terrorist group, was justified in their eyes because we were over there effing around. I'M TIRED OF THIS BULL! I'm sorry, but if you are still soaking this BS up, I pray to my god the best for you. It is ridiculous and insulting and blatant. GET THIS CRAP OUT OF OFFICE!! END THE POWER OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! That is the only way! I beg of my fellow human beings to watch out for OUR fellow human beings and make this world a better place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join