It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Rebirth' Vs. the dualistic consciousness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
On the thread entitled "Resurrection" & 'Rebirth', I explain that, over the past 2500 years, the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious officials--and their thousands upon thousands of accomplices in the mainstream, 'alternative' and Internet print and broadcast media--have been colluding in the censorship and suppression of the Truth about the Doctrine of "resurrection"; taught by Isaiah, Daniel, Jesus and Mohammed as the Doctrine of 'Rebirth'. They have completely replaced that Truth by the Pharisaical-Satanic doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave; which has already resulted in the slaughter of tens of thousands of Albigensians in the Albigensian Crusade and millions of Jews during the Holocaust.

The purpose of this thread, on the other hand, will be to: 1) investigate in more detail the specific motivations for the censorship and suppression of the Truth about the Doctrine of "resurrection"; and, 2) to point out that there is another element of the censorship of this Truth having to do with the censorship of the truth--among those who say they are "scientists of consciousness"--that there are three rather than two dimensions of consciousness.

There are two principal motivations for the Jewish, Christian and Muslim religious 'authorities' to censor and suppress this Truth: 1) it would seriously threaten the economic viability of the entire Judaeo-Christian-Muslim religious establishment that is based upon the Satanic-anti-Christ doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave; thus seriously threatening their own wealth, power and prestige; and, 2) at a much deeper level, the level of consciousness, it would threaten principally the consciousness of the 'thinker'. And, if there is a lethal threat to the consciousness of the 'thinker', the greatest danger is the emergence of psychosis, as is touched upon briefly by Descartes in the opening passages of the Second Meditation.

In other words, the large-scale censorship and suppression of the Truth about the Doctrine of "resurrection" is for the purpose of preserving the dualistic consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker'-that is, the 3-dimensional 'curved' space 'fallen' consciousness--in opposition to the Truths conveyed by the 2-dimensional 'flat' space "observing consciousness" Created "by and in the image of God" (Genesis 1:27).

One particular aspect of this conflict has been the conflict between the Gnostics and the Christians; the Gnostics pursuing not the belief in the Doctrine of "resurrection", but desiring to receive the Revelation and the Knowledge (Gnosis) of the "resurrection"; which includes the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (Genesis 2:7) and the revelation of the memories of previous lives. In other words, the conflict between the Gnostics and the Christians, who merely believe in the doctrine of a physical raising of a dead body from the grave is, fundamentally, a conflict at the level of consciousness itself.

The consciousness of the 'thinker'--that is, the consciousness of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim theologians--is categorically incapable of receiving the Revelation of the "resurrection" because that Revelation originates in a different dimension of consciousness altogether; a dimension of consciousness which is not only a 2-dimensional 'flat' space consciousness; but is a non-temporal consciousness; not a consciousness which is infinite, but a consciousness which is non-temporal. In other words, it is absolutely independent of time; which means that it can have experiences which are both forwards and backwards in time. The experiences in forward time are referred to as Prophecies. The experiences in backwards time are the memories of previous lives and the Memory of Creation.

Now, the consciousness of the "beast of the sea"-"self" and the "beast of the earth" -thinker arose in specific opposition to the consciousness Created by and in the image of God; which is the reason why all who have received those Revelations have been viciously, violently, and relentlessly opposed by the "beast of the earth" consciousness of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim theologians. This is why the prophets of Israel were murdered; this is why Jesus was murdered; this is why the original followers of Jesus were murdered by Paul; this is the reason why the Albigensians were slaughtered by the Roman church for teaching the Truth about the "resurrection"; and this is why millions of Jews were 'caught in the crossfire' of this Satanic doctrine and were slaughtered in the Holocaust.

Now, with regards to the censorship of the 3 dimensions of consciousness by the "scientists of consciousness".

The scientific method originates in the metaphysical philosophy set out in Meditations On First Philosophy by Descartes, in which two dimensions of consciousness are mentioned; the consciousness of the 'thinker'; and, in the opening passages of the Second Meditation, the 'unconscious' or the consciousness of the "self" is alluded to. And that metaphysic carries over into all of the writings of the Western psychologists and psychiatrists; many focusing on the consciousness of the 'thinker' primarily (like Freud); and others focusing primarily on the consciousness of the "self" (like Jung and the archetypal psychologists).

And these two dimensions of consciousness are widely considered to be all that there is in terms of human consciousness. Yet, in the Eastern esoteric traditions, and in the writings of Krishnamurti, there is, respectively, specific mention of an "observing consciousness" and evidence in support of the existence of an "observing consciousness" which is outside of and beyond both the consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker'.

And, to make a long story short, it is the specific intention of the scientists of consciousness to focus primarily on the consciousness of the 'thinker', very, very little on the consciousness of the "self"; but to intentionally and specifically censor and suppress all research demonstrating the existence of a third dimension of consciousness...

Which is why so many of my writings have been rejected for publication by the Journal of Consciousness Studies (JCS) on-line discussion (sic) yahoo group.

Michael Cecil

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Michael Cecil]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
A few words of clarification about Krishnamurti (ran out of room in the previous post):

I have been studying the writings and dialogues of Krishnamurti since November, 1973; and I have never heard or read of him referring to any "observing consciousness".

His teaching, on the other hand, consists significantly of a repudiation of the division, conflict and violence which is intrinsic to the thoughts of the 'thinker'; and significant observations of which can only be made from the "frame of reference" of the "observing consciousness".

Two other problems with Krishnamurti:

He only understood, as far as I can tell, the negative elements of scientific thought--specifically, its involvement in both political and religious ideologies and technologies which will annihilate civilization--not realizing that it also has very positive elements. (This is why the First Seal of the Revelation of John includes both Revealed Truth and scientific truth.)

And, while he appears to have a very clear understanding of the evils of the "beast of the earth"-thinker'; he falls into the trap of not understanding the evils of the "beast of the sea"-consciousness of the "self", or the 'unconscious'.

That is, he considers the "beast of the earth"-'thinker' to be the very origin of the duality; and, thus, all conflict and violence.

But the origin of the duality is not the "beast of the earth"-thinker'.

The origin of the duality is the 'movement' of self-reflection; which is symbolized by the "serpent" in Genesis 3, as the "dragon" in the Revelation of John 12, and as "Satan" by Jesus in the Gospels.

And the first expression of that duality is not the 'thinker' but the "self"/"not self", which is referred to in Genesis 3 as the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil".

In other words, much of the teaching of Krishnamurti actually sounds like the soliloquy of Agent Smith in his last battle with Neo in Matrix Revolutions:

'Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Are you fighting for something, something more than just your survival? Can you tell me what it is. Do you even know? Is it freedom, peace, or perhaps love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perceptions. Desperate attempts by a feeble human intellect desperately seeking meaning in a reality which is without purpose or meaning...' Or words to that effect.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
And, to make a long story short, it is the specific intention of the scientists of consciousness to focus primarily on the consciousness of the 'thinker', very, very little on the consciousness of the "self"; but to intentionally and specifically censor and suppress all research demonstrating the existence of a third dimension of consciousness...

The essential conspiracy is that of telling people what to look at rather than directing their sight to that with which they look.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

Almost all the religious persons that I know think that they are destined for a disembodied post-mortem future they call heaven.

So if resurrection is some great 'conspiracy'...
...it is obviously a failed one.

[edit on 15/7/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Almost all the religious persons that I know think that they are destined for a disembodied post-mortem future they call heaven.

But that is pagan metaphysical nonsense and not all of the story.

The rest of the story is that they will be 'raised from the dead' at the End of time in a general physical resurrection and go out of the graves in the 'Rapture' or some other kind of florid delusion.

[edit on 15/7/10 by troubleshooter]

You really need to read more before making such an uninformed comment.

You run the risk of looking silly.

Not that I mind that.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

But that is pagan metaphysical nonsense and not all of the story.

I agree...
...Homer dreamt it up and Plato expanded on it...
...early Christianity embraced it as it became predominately Gentile.

The rest of the story is that they will be 'raised from the dead' at the End of time in a general physical resurrection and go out of the graves in the 'Rapture' or some other kind of florid delusion.

Try asking the average western Christian where they are going when they die...
...they have mostly embraced Homer and Plato.

You really need to read more before making such an uninformed comment.

You run the risk of looking silly.

Not that I mind that.

Michael Cecil

I have no problem with appearing foolish...

Do you know that a Sytematic Theology of Resurrection has never been written?

Systematic Theology on almost every other aspect of Christian doctrine...
...but not Resurrection.

I wish resurrection was better understood and more central in Christian thought but alas.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Systematic Theology on almost every other aspect of Christian doctrine...
...but not Resurrection.

I wish resurrection was better understood and more central in Christian thought but alas.

"More central in Christian thought"?

Are you serious?

The doctrine of a physical resurrection is about as central as you can get.

Paul, inspired by the Demonic Spirit, said that it was the source of his faith, or some such nonsense.

Along with the doctrine of "vicarious atonement", the blasphemous deification of Jesus, the demonization of "the Jews"--all of this resulting in the Satanism of the Holocaust--one cannot get any more "central" to Christian theology.

The "systematic theology" of the resurrection has been written alright.

It was written in the blood of the tens of thousands of "Gnostics" and Albigensians and Bogomiles who were slaughtered for teaching the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

It was written in the blood of the tens and hundreds of thousands and millions of Jews and Muslims who refused to fall down in worship of a demonized Jesus--who Paul asserted was one of a 'Divine' 'Trinity'; and in violation of the Revelations received by Mohammed. (They are even mentioned in the Opening of the Fifth Seal in the Revelation of John--see the videos of the dances on my web page).

The woman named Trinity in The Matrix series refers, of course, to the three dimensions of consciousness which is a part of the Revelation of the Memory of Creation (a feminine Revelation). And she shoots in the head the "beast of the earth"-agent-consciousness of the 'thinker'-theologians.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I would suggest that the name of the book developing a systematic theology of the "resurrection" be entitled: Rules for the Extermination of Those Who Believe the "Resurrection" is a Doctrine of 'Rebirth', and For the Destruction of Their Writings, and the Censorship of Their Writings By the Media.

But maybe that's somewhat lengthy.

Maybe it could just be shortened to Christian Theology Over the Past 2000 Years.

Or, better yet, how 'bout Raul Hilberg's The Destruction of European Jewry, which shows that Christian "systematic theology of the resurrection" was very systematic?

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Question?

Have you read N.T.Wright's book...
The Resurrection of the Son of God?
www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Question?

www.amazon.com...

In early October, 1986, I was given the opportunity to address the members of the Jesus Seminar at their Fall meeting at the University of Notre Dame.

I challenged them to a private debate on the Doctrine of "resurrection".

When questioned as to what the "other" side of the debate was, I told them that, in the reply of Jesus to the Sadducees, Jesus explained in figurative terms the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

When there was a break in the conference, two or three theologians came up to me with wry smiles on their faces, wanting to know whether I had read their books. I almost laughed out loud. They actually thought that I had to read their books to come to such an understanding; that it was simply not even within the realm of possibility that I had received the revelation of the memories of previous lives myself.

After reading, literally, everything theological that I could get my hands on in the Notre Dame library for maybe 25 years, I can't say I have read any work of theology for about 15 years. I stick to the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Codices.

You could not pay me to read the book you mentioned (and I'm unemployed).

Never heard of the author and don't care.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Question?

www.amazon.com...

In early October, 1986, I was given the opportunity to address the members of the Jesus Seminar at their Fall meeting at the University of Notre Dame.

I challenged them to a private debate on the Doctrine of "resurrection".

When questioned as to what the "other" side of the debate was, I told them that, in the reply of Jesus to the Sadducees, Jesus explained in figurative terms the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

When there was a break in the conference, two or three theologians came up to me with wry smiles on their faces, wanting to know whether I had read their books. I almost laughed out loud. They actually thought that I had to read their books to come to such an understanding; that it was simply not even within the realm of possibility that I had received the revelation of the memories of previous lives myself.

After reading, literally, everything theological that I could get my hands on in the Notre Dame library for maybe 25 years, I can't say I have read any work of theology for about 15 years. I stick to the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Codices.

You could not pay me to read the book you mentioned (and I'm unemployed).

Never heard of the author and don't care.

Michael Cecil

You have become quite large in your own mind Michael...
...which indicates to me what spirit your are quicked by.

You should resist that spirit and read the book Michael...
...it is the most recent scholarly work on the Resurrection...
...and covers much of the philosophical position you hold within a historical context.

A person who is truely free is not afraid to read and examine anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter A person who is truely free is not afraid to read and examine anything.

I have a book, the first lines of which are:

"See Jane run.

Run, Jane, run.

Run, run, run."

It goes on for hundreds of pages like that.

You're not interested?

"A person who is truely free is not afraid to read and examine anything."

I don't have any "philosophical position".

I don't believe in "philosophy".

Certain Knowledge is Revealed through the Vision of the "Son of man" and the Revelation of the "resurrection".

Some of that Knowledge is summarized with regards to the dance and movie videos on my website.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You have become quite large in your own mind Michael...

Even if this were the Truth--which, by the way, it isn't--it would be utterly irrelevant to the issue at hand.

The issue at hand is this:

Jesus either confirmed the Satanic-Pharisaic doctrine of the physical raising of a dead body from the grave in his reply to the Sadducees; or he explained in figurative language that the "resurrection" includes the revelation of the memories of previous lives.

It is either one or the other.

Please do not shift the discussion to any number of otherwise trivial matters.

I am more than willing to go through that argument statement by statement if you would like and compare our understandings; something which not even a Ph.D. theologian has been willing to do with me for more than 32 years.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The Resurrection of the Dead on the Last Judgement goes back before Christianity to the Tanakh. The concept is quite old.

If there is any conspiracy, its the one where those of Abrahamic faith think they have an immortal soule separate from the body.

The Breath of Life, the Neshama, combined with the vessel of Dust, Aphar, makes a Nephesh, an existing being.

That being is who we are. The Breath is G-d's not ours. The Breath recycles and by it new beings are born, but the Breath of Life doesn't belong to us, it belong's to G-d alone. Only G-d is immortal. We on the other hand are totally dependent on the Divine vital essence to exist or be. All flesh is grass.

This isn't any new idea. Isaiah touches on the Resurrection in the "Historical Isaiah" portion, the part that dates back to the 8th century B.C.E.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Michael, what "reply to the Sadducees" are you referring to? What is the particular scripture that you are referencing?

Also, how does the slaughter of millions of Jews in the Holocaust figure into this? Are you saying Hitler hated these Jews because of some perceived doctrinal interpretation? I am new here, so please know that I am asking sincerely; the general impression from history is that they were exterminated because Hitler considered them grossly inferior to the "master" Aryan race. I don't understand at all how this figures into your doctrinal discussion.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by The Stache]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The Resurrection of the Dead on the Last Judgement goes back before Christianity to the Tanakh. The concept is quite old.

If there is any conspiracy, its the one where those of Abrahamic faith think they have an immortal soule separate from the body.

The Breath of Life, the Neshama, combined with the vessel of Dust, Aphar, makes a Nephesh, an existing being.

That being is who we are. The Breath is G-d's not ours. The Breath recycles and by it new beings are born, but the Breath of Life doesn't belong to us, it belong's to G-d alone. Only G-d is immortal. We on the other hand are totally dependent on the Divine vital essence to exist or be. All flesh is grass.

This isn't any new idea. Isaiah touches on the Resurrection in the "Historical Isaiah" portion, the part that dates back to the 8th century B.C.E.

The Doctrine of 'Rebirth' was specifically denied by the Sadducees and the Pharisees. That is why Jesus and his followers had to be eliminated. Such a Teaching threatened their purported 'authority' in the eyes of the people; and, for that reason, their wealth, their pride and their power.

It is the opposite intepretation by the Pharisees and Paul that lead directly to the Holocaust.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Stache
Michael, what "reply to the Sadducees" are you referring to? What is the particular scripture that you are referencing?

Luke 20; especially 34-36.

Also, how does the slaughter of millions of Jews in the Holocaust figure into this? Are you saying Hitler hated these Jews because of some perceived doctrinal interpretation?

Not at all.

Politicians don't care about conflicts at the level of religious Doctrine. All they care about is what most people believe and how they can take advantage of that.

When the Pharisees and the Sadducees presented their arguments against Jesus to the political authorities, they could not refer to some esoteric disagreement over Doctrine. The political authorities don't care whether some people believe in a physical raising of a dead body from the grave and others believe in 'rebirth'. That makes no difference to them

Pilate did not care about any religious doctrine.

Jesus had to be thrown into a political threat category.

So the religious 'authorities' who were keeping control over a restive population had to talk about political threats; one of which is that they would lose their ability to control the situation if they lost their 'authority' in the eyes of the people.

So they put the conflict in a category that a politicians would understand: political insurrection.

Let's say I was on the street teaching the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'. The political authorities in the United States would not care about that. So those in the monotheistic religions would attempt to get their attention by saying that I am a "terrorist".

And my understanding is that we are only a few steps away from precisely that in the United States; anyone questioning the theology which 'justifies' a war against Iran and all the wars in favor of the Israel would be accused of teaching "terrorism".

I am new here, so please know that I am asking sincerely; the general impression from history is that they were exterminated because Hitler considered them grossly inferior to the "master" Aryan race. I don't understand at all how this figures into your doctrinal discussion.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by The Stache]

Several hundreds of years of Christian anti-Semitism and the doctrines of Paul lead to the demonization of the Jews as "the other". All evil is projected upon "the other" because they are 'different' than everyone else. And, for that reason, they must be the source of all evil.

Hitler, desiring political power, knew precisely what he had to do to acquire that power: blame everything evil on "the Jews", just has had hundreds and hundreds of years of Roman and Protestant theology; the opposite side of which was that the "non-Jew"--the Aryan--is the opposite of that evil.

Really basic dualistic psychology.

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I am assuming your talking about reincarnation, metempsychosis or transmigration of spirit.

It isn't denied in Jewish thought. Shia Islam to an extent accepts it also.

Gilgul

In Hebrew, the word gilgul means "cycle" and neshamot is the plural for "souls." Souls are seen to "cycle" through "lives" or "incarnations", being attached to different human bodies over time. Which body they associate with depends on their particular task in the physical world, spiritual levels of the bodies of predecessors and so on. The concept relates to the wider processes of history in Kabbalah, involving Cosmic Tikkun (Messianic rectification), and the historical dynamic of ascending Lights and descending Vessels from generation to generation. The esoteric explanations of gilgul were articulated in Jewish mysticism by Isaac Luria in the 16th century, as part of the metaphysical purpose of Creation.

en.wikipedia.org...

The conspiracy is the adaption of Platonism into the concept. The Breath, Neshama, or Wind, Ruah, isn't the same as the Germanic term "Soule" or the Greek "Psyche".

The Breath and the Wind, are the divine vital essence. The cycle of the breath isn't a cycle of soules, but a transmigration of animating vitality. The Buddhist concept of "rebirth" or streaming consciousness is very similar, especially in the idea of fragmented spirit, where numerous individuals share a spirit.

The Breath returning to G-d begins in Genesis. It always returns to G-d, as it is part of G-d. Then the cycle begins again. The Breath is not a "soul" or a "psyche". The Breath is pneuma, spiritus, prana, lung and qi. Each of those words mean breath in their language.

The cycle of breath doesn't conflict with Judgement Day. The Resurrection involves everyone that has ever lived. Each life the breath cycled through will all be together for judgement.

Each of these lives or beings exist only as a union of breath and dust. Even though the breath cycles, the being formed of the union is a unique being, a unique being that will be judged.

Jesus on the other hand was crucified because he had to be. Caiaphas foresaw the future, the new world order it would bring and why it had to be done.

Then one of them, named Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, spoke up, "You know nothing at all! You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish."

He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of G-d, to bring them together and make them one.

John 11:49-52

2000 years ago, the G-d of Israel and Abraham was an obscure god worshipped by a small group of people, the Jews.

2000 years later, the G-d of Abraham is worshipped by billions of humans across the earth. It is a defining facet of Western civilization and the largest faiths in the world, Islam and Christianity.

The crucifixion of an obscure Jewish carpenter, began a domino effect that resonated throughout history in ways that cannot be comprehended or compared, bringing Abrahamic morality and ethics to the entire world. This laid the foundations of popular uprisings and revolutions that would advocate liberty and equality.

Even the last bastion of slavery, the 1860s United States was faced with a powerful abolitionist movement born out of religious revivals.

The vacuum without such morality and ethics appeared first appeared in 1790s France and later in the Third Reich, the USSR and the People's Republic of China, resulting in the deaths of almost 200 million people in the 20th century.

Caiaphas saw this new world and the paradigm shift it would bring. Jesus had to be crucified not only to save Israel, but the world. The crucifixion was the catalyst for this new aeon.

[edit on 16/7/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I am assuming your talking about reincarnation, metempsychosis or transmigration of spirit.

The Doctrine of "resurrection" is a Doctrine of 'Rebirth' rather than re-incarnation. There is no metaphysical 'soul' to transmigrate anywhere. This is clarified in the Treatise On Resurrection.

It isn't denied in Jewish thought.

Both the Zionist rabbis and the anti-Zionist rabbis deny the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

Shia Islam to an extent accepts it also.

But this is considered to be a doctrine separate from the Doctrine of "resurrection" that is in the Koran.

en.wikipedia.org...

Don't quote wikipedia to me.

They will not allow an explanation of the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth' on the page on "resurrection", not even as a "minority point of view". It is in violation of both the "neutral perspective" and "original research" prohibitions, as is the point of my thread about wikipedia's incitement to genocide.

The conspiracy is the adaption of Platonism into the concept. The Breath, Neshama, or Wind, Ruah, isn't the same as the Germanic term "Soule" or the Greek "Psyche".

In the Treatise On Resurrection the revelation of the memories of previous lives is referred to as the "psychic resurrection".

Michael Cecil

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Treatise On Resurrection?

Maimonides' "Ma'amar Tehiyyat Hametim"?
Maimonides had become so enveloped by Platonism, that his views conflicted with tradition.

or

Gnostic text "The Treatise on the Resurrection"?
www.gnosis.org...
It echoes a bit of Ecclesiastes. The world is finite, subjective and futile. Thats biblical. It doesn't disregard the ressurection.

Both the Zionist rabbis and the anti-Zionist rabbis deny the Doctrine of "resurrection" as a Doctrine of 'Rebirth'.

What does that mean? Zionist rabbis? You mean conservative and orthodox rabbis who support Israel? The Haredi rabbis still support Israel, but disagree with the government. That doesn't make them anti Zionist.
Why does it even matter?

If the issue is new bodies as opposed to old bodies made new, thats been around for awhile.

Its implied the Ressurection involves new bodies. You could call that "rebirth" in a sense. The new bodies should be like Adam's when he was in Eden. Its not the body we died with. It has been implied we may not even have genders, but have asexual bodies. Meaning no children and no marriage. Sometimes I wonder how human will they look?

[edit on 16/7/10 by MikeboydUS]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join