It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Clinton Official: Only A Terror Attack Can Save Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Top Clinton Official: Only A Terror Attack Can Save Obama

www.prisonplanet.com

A former senior advisor to President Bill Clinton says that the only thing which can rescue Barack Obama’s increasingly tenuous grip on power as his approval figures continue to plunge is a terror attack on the scale of Oklahoma City or 9/11, another startling reminder that such events only ever serve to benefit those in authority.

Buried in a Financial Times article about Obama’s “growing credibility crisis” and fears on behalf of Democrats that they could lose not only the White House but also the Senate to Republicans, Robert Shapiro makes it clear that Obama is relying on an Oct
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
"short of a 9/11 event or an Oklahoma City bombing, I can’t think of how he could do that.”

We have increasingly seen over the last few years, "terrorist attacks" being mentioned in conjunction with "leadership" particularly at the end of the bush administration.

Stranegely, all these noises come from that very same camp, and it begs the question of why they see attacks in terms of helping leaders become more credible in the eyes of the voters.

It also raises the question of why they think attacks are an important part of establishing a leadership function, or appearing to in the eyes of the voters.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Obama faces growing credibility crisis
By Edward Luce in Washington
Published: July 13 2010 18:51 | Last updated: July 13 2010 18:51

www.ft.com...

“The bottom line here is that Americans don’t believe in President Obama’s leadership,” says Rob Shapiro, another former Clinton official and a supporter of Mr Obama. “He has to find some way between now and November of demonstrating that he is a leader who can command confidence and, short of a 9/11 event or an Oklahoma City bombing, I can’t think of how he could do that.”

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Nevermind...wrong Shapiro.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So, from this are we to assume a false flag operation, or more "terror" alerts?

It' going to be interesting to see how this plays out...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If something on the same level of the 9/11 attacks happened again, I think the PEOPLE would act in a different way this time.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This has to be one of the biggest terrorist invitations put out there......they wouldnt get away with it twice, not on a 9/11 scale anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Not sure it would be on the same scale as 911, but IF (and it's a big if) something happened, I don't think Obama is the type to bow down to a cheney type.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm not so sure it corrects credibility, as there is a tendency in people and organizations that in a time of immediate crisis to desire a continuity of leadership. We have all discussed on this board many times just what TPTB are capable of, and I doubt any of us would not give any 'terrorist' action a second, third, and ever how many look that it would take to get to the truth should anything happen along these lines in the coming weeks or months. This could get ugly real quick, and I hope the people are not as quick to take any action(s) at face value as they have in the past.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well, I do believe Jones said the same thing last year. That's his MO. I'm not seeing it as things are so rotten right now even a terror attack can't help him politically.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Interesting....but if Obama deals a terrorist attack in the same way he has dealt with the BP oil gusher, we are in for a nightmare!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Interesting....but if Obama deals a terrorist attack in the same way he has dealt with the BP oil gusher, we are in for a nightmare!

Of course, if he dealt with the BP oil gusher like previous presidents dealt with terrorist attacks, he would have sent troops to invade Antarctica while having the post office read all our mail. Of course Biden would have to go on some news shows and claim that the penguins were somehow tied into the BP disaster.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Who will Obama attack first?

My money is that he is going after the British and anything having to do with the British.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Who will Obama attack first?

I got one. Iran will overnight have all sorts of ICBM's and nukes (either really or fictitiously) and that "defector" Iranian nuke scientist will be called an Iranian spy and they'll pump up the violation of the infiltration and to make the public feel as if they have been collectively raped.

Then we push into Iran.

A false flag in which nobody has to die so it'll be different enough from 9/11 that the peons wont see any connection. And since it'll involve national nuclear secrets and spies nobody will question the secrecy, silence and lack of information to the public.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Why limit it to a act of terrorism:

Deepwater Disaster Discussion Forum

Is all I am saying!!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

LOL! True....

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Think of what the economy did right after 9/11. Now lay that over our economy right now. Truthfully, the US economy cannot withstand another 9/11-caliber event. It would go into free-fall.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yep. Those missing Minot and Ukrainian nukes went somewhere, eh?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I have to disagree. If we now see an attack of some sort then you will see either of the following:

1) Obama will enforce martial law - Dictator!
2) Obama will screw up the response in the same way he has screwed up the response to the Gulf of Mexico catastrophe resulting in civil uprising, leading to martial law - Dictator!

[edit on 15/7/2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Update

Special Broadcast: Obama to Stage 9/11-OKC Style Event to Save Presidency
www.infowars.com...

Thoughts?

I seriously wouldn't doubt this and they would most definately throw the blame on Iran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join