It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Link Found. No, really.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I would like for you to show me,on my posts,where
I stated that I could not read the Bible because of the
"D" word?
I would also like for you to explain the connection between
the Bible and XYZER.

I remember reading that the best nature could do,in connection
with evolution,was the neuron capacity of the great apes.Man
is not in the family of great apes.You can post until your fingers
turn blue, my mind is set firm on creation.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I couldn't finish reading your post because you had cussed in it.

You couldn't read his post because he cussed by using the word "damn." The Bible contains the word "damn." Ergo, you cannot finish reading the Bible due to its use of "damn."

As for the neuron thing I would appreciate if you could provide a link to your source. I see no reason why the human brain would be an impossibility without Creation.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

The funniest part of all this is that if the Garden of Eden was discovered and dated it to 6000ish years ago there wouldn't be a peep about how biased or inaccurate the methods are. Odd.

Good point. But I bet you would. (See where it's going?) So would I.

I think I got a glimpse of what you typed before you edited it out, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it might humour you to know that in ancient Persia God was accepted by all. Yet, religious people were known as ignorant to all. There were a lot of scientific advancements back then.

Imagine that...the existance of God was not disputed, yet those who claimed they spoke for that God(the religious) were commonly known as ignorant people.

What I'm trying to say with this is; where I'm from they used to just ignore people that would try to prove such claims for intellectual reasons.

reply to post by XyZeR

Nope i don't, you seem to think i do based on 1 posts...judgmental much?

Hence the question if you typically do that, you know, since I can´t base it on one post.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
Man is not in the family of great apes.You can post until your fingers
turn blue, my mind is set firm on creation.

Oh but man IS in the family of great apes, we belong to the family of Hominidae, why is that such a problem to accept that FACT.

I genuinely wonder, is it offending for or something you to find out that you stem from a common ancestor or is your only beef with it that it it's conflicting with the creation story in the bible?

Here's a simple question for you: If we didn't come from a common "apelike" ancestor, and we were indeed "created" like stated in the bible creation story: Did Adam have a navel?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

To answer your question,did Adam have a naval?
Since he was created first and then Eve,I would have
to guess that they didn't have a naval.I don't know
how God created them and I wasn't there to witness
first hand either!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

Even though human DNA is 99.99% similarity than apes, as you claim, it's also 98% different from pigs. So techinically, our cousins in the evolution tree are also pigs. And since cats and whales are the only ones with a specific limb that humans uniquely carry, that means maybe at one point we were related to whales and cats too. And the DNA of an oriental compared to an African has a 98% difference. Humans even have a 1% differnece from rats! Everything and everyone in this world is related one way or another if you go back far enough. Heck, we have a 50% DNA match to a banana. We didn't come from apes or monkeys, we came from Earth and Earth's DNA never changes. We started as eukaryotes and we grew up to be what we are today.

In essence, humans have a LOT of close cousins.

[edit on 7/15/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
reply to post by xxcalbier

Even though human DNA is 99.99% different than apes, as you claim, it's also 98% different from pigs.

eh ? heu, i think you're mistaken here;
The opposite is true we SHARE 99% DNA with them... you say there is a 99% difference...

Originally posted by ohsnaptruthWe started as one-celled humans and we grew up to be what we are today.

One Celled humans?
????
We have hit a new low Ladies and Gentlemen....

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Thanks! I forogt I had a typo, I'll change it. :-)

And the human being one-celled I was talking about the eukaryotes from when Earth was still in its baby stages. You know how everything starts out as bacteria and all,

I'm sorry my post didn't come out right, thank you for informing me!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
How about the evidence that Humans are comes from Adam and Eve?

my mind is set firm on creation.

What's the ATS motto again? Oh yeah... deny ignorance. Each poster asserts that their claims are valid, yet has nothing to back them up.

Then again, that isn't anything new for the Origins and Creationism forum.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

A lot of close cousins...
If we share 99% of our DNA with the apes,then
why aren't we breeding with them?We can't,and
you know why?There is a reproductive barrier
between apes and man.It's the genes that makes
the difference,not the DNA.

www.apologeticspress.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Mamabeth, have you ever considered having yourself registered with the Department of Wildlife, or whatever the equivalent in your country, as a protected species? Even in a world full of religious zealotry, conviction such as yours is rare indeed.

I would like to repeat XyZer's question in terms that I hope you do not find offensive, and I hope you will give me an honest answer: if the Bible had nothing to say on the matter and it was left up to you to believe it or not, how would you feel about having been descended from apes?

Show us how honest a Christian can be, or show us a liar. The world is watching.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
First of all, this isn't "The missing link". This found depicts a shared ancestor linking old world monkeys, to homonids, as visually depicted in the OPs link. "The missing link" is generally referred to as the common ancestor linking late homonids and humans (Think chimp and human for instance), and this link has already been found.. People that say otherwise are stuck in religious indoctrination or too stupid to do research.

Originally posted by Zamini
Actually, you couldn't be more wrong and right at the same time. My point was not that evolution is false or correct ( or religion for that matter). Rather; just because someone sticks scientific behind an article doesn't mean it is any less propaganda than previous articles.

Do you even know how the scientific world works? Certainly doesn't sound so.

Furthermore you should look into this thing they call "science" and you will find a lot of these scientists oppose eachother more so than you oppose religion, for example: methods used to date archeological findings.

That's the beauty of science. You propose a model, and then try to disprove it. It actually works wonders, contrary to "It says so in an old book!".

You guys do realize every year they find a skull or skeleton that promises to be proof of THE LINK between humans and apes, right? And you realize it simply can't be proven, right?

"The missing link" is a sentence the media loves to use, because it immediately refers to the fact that we descend from a common ancestor. And as such, people also love to use it. But as said before, the missing link(s) have already been found, and we have quite a clear and graduate transition from early ancestors to the late homonids that live now. It doesn't take more than some simple research to figure it out.

"Researchers have discovered the skull of a 29 million-year-old animal that could be a common ancestor of Old World monkeys and apes, including humans.

Note the word "COULD". See it yet?

Again, that is how science works. Go learn about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I liked this post so much that I gave you a star.
I really needed a good laugh this morning. I,also
like your suggestion that I have myself labled as
a protected species.You don't know how true that is.
Being a christian,in this day and age,is not easy.

I will answer your question because you can post
without debasing yourself with profanity.
If there is a "missing link",why look for it on this planet?
What makes you think the answer is somewhere under
our feet,buried for many years?

What if,this entire universe that we live in,is someone's
science project in another dimension...What if that being
infused his DNA to "make" us.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I forgot to answer your question about how I
would feel about being descended from apes...
My dad was a really hairy man and I do eat
bananas.I just don't peel them with my feet!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You guys do realize every year they find a skull or skeleton that promises to be proof of THE LINK between humans and apes, right? And you realize it simply can't be proven, right?

You religious people do realize that science is not a stagnate pool of doctrinal truth, right?

Biblical mythology doctrine gives one stagnate account for origins, and without question, this account is simply assumed to be true. The simple answer as to why we see so many "missing links" (read: transitional fossils) popping up in archeological finds is due to the fact that science if an ever flowing pool of knowledge. Science does not simply settle on every answer it finds, it purposefully seeks out new answers that may disprove the previous answer; Unlike religion.

Yet, I do not expect simpleton religious thinking to understand such a concept when all they can do is blindly believe in one singular answer to everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Being a christian,in this day and age,is not easy.

You surely are not serious here ? There are so many branches of your cult attempting to influence the shape of our civilization that it is mind blowing.

Anyways, interesting post OP. I will follow this find with interest. I for one am always fascinated when we gain another "peek behind the curtain"

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Noncompatible]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Well, your ancestors may have swung from trees,
mine didn't,mine were created by God!

Out of dirt!
Then thrown out for being failures.

I know I would brag.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I forgot to answer your question about how I
would feel about being descended from apes...
My dad was a really hairy man and I do eat
bananas.I just don't peel them with my feet!

Lady, no one's stopping ya from trying!

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I agree with you. Besides, the offspring would be really weird looking!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
In your face Creationism !!!

IN, .......YOUR........FACE !!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join