It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy Chicks G-20 Misinfo or Disinfo?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

You need to see a psychologist for your anger issues i believe. As for your statement, you prove by writing how ignorant and biased you are on this subject, therefore discussing with you is an exercise in disaster management.

So some people disappeared and left their disguises behind and thats proof their undercover? Wow, you would be an awesome lawyer, you should pay for law school....no....really. Go apply right now!

These guys could of been gang members in Toronto looking to exploit a volatile situation to bring a rise from the public so they can get away with more then they could any other day. There is no proof so its just an opinion, just like saying the cops planned to provoke the crowds.

Try to be a bit scientific in your investigations instead of just spewing random words in anger.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerouslogic

You Go Boyeeee!
Yeah stick it to the MAN, huh wait ATS is the man?
Whoa wait I’m confused,…no really, more than normal.
Ok I see 2000 tabs open and mistakes do happen, many has been the time when the wife or kids got home and I’ve tried to tab ou….that’s not important, what is, is multi tabs suck.
Good job Dangerous on the recall and then the fortitude to post it. Star and flag ya.
To the conspiracy chicks good enough job just work on the delivery a little rehearsal and ease up don’t be so timid, you are reporting to old guys and geeks, ok and some sexxeh chicks (that was for the ladies)
Anyway what I’m saying is this is your home dammit put yer feet up where ya want.
Now that we have found out that it was an honest accident what do we do?
Do we forgive and forget or do we start to conspire about how you guys conspired to give us disinfo and covered it up by making Ashley the new Lee Harvey Oswald?
I will start to go make signs Ash.
FREE ASHLEY!!!
Good stuff folks, I do like the conspiracy chicks.
You got a couple of above average pretty faces delivering conspiracy news.
And as far as I am concerned going mainstream is the key to waking folks up.
Nobody wants to be left behind or admit that there is something they don’t know.
So we provide the facts and they say yeah I knew that.
Mainstream is not bad unless you compromise it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yo OP, create hype much?

First, was it really necessary for you to make a 3 post OP? What about a single post OP that simply asks, "Hey AshleyD, that one photo was in Ontario, not Toronto. Please explain yourself, thanks."

Also, instead of a title like "Noticed an error in ep2 os Conspiracy Chicks", you made the title you did to sensationalize the minor error you noticed. "Disinfo or Misinfo?"

Give me a break. You acted just like a politician running for office, taking one minor flaw about you opponent and then exploited it for everything it was worth.

You aren't trying to defend ATS's credibility, you are trying to force the abortion of a project in its earliest stages. Every politician needs an agenda I guess...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Not that the OP needs defending or anything but i think i can reply to this.
This video stuff pops up when you visit the site and the latest BP thing plays (which is boring as hell BTW). So you decide, "Im gonna check some vids here" and i stumbled on this G20 thing. This is popular in my City right now (I am Canadian) so i decide to see what ATS is reporting. Notice i said ATS, not the Chicks. I say this because they represent ATS, i don't blame them because every reporters story in a news agency is reviewed by an editor before it goes to print because like AshleyD has shown us, its easy to get tunnel-vision and lose sight of things. Its human and I don't fault her for that. However, ATS should have checked the facts, if they are promoting "deny ignorance" and post something a bit ignorant then it makes ATS look like a stool.

The OP did a good job of summarizing it and pointing it out, if their was another post i didn't see it and if i didn't id bet many other didn't either.

A higher degree of standard is required if ATS is going to become something bigger then it already is. Something i am willing to stand up for and my bet is, so is the OP.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Damn straight.
I guess I was being too harsh in my MSM comment earlier. I guess you guys aren't in the same basket.
Sorry.
Peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ash next time just go with my ole standby excuse ....

" I was hammered"

Everyone nod's, walks away, .... problem solved !!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Have you watched the entire video of the undercover agents retreating behind police lines? what looks to be civilians suddenly make a dash behind police lines while a few of them start brandishing batons and telling everyone to get back and stop recording.
Please give me any other rational explanation that these were NOT police undercover agents?
NOBODY else would go rushing at the police line like that unless they had a deathwish for a good arsewhipping.

Edit to add: I just realized my mistake, neither video proves agents provocateur were in the crowd, just undercover police. My bad.

Conspiracy Chicks - Good job on the show, don't let this make you stumble. Others have said you need to relax a bit and I agree. Once you get past your camera shyness the show is going to over the top!
Still, I would recommend asking member input aside from the threads on future shows. You never know what tidbits or infonuggets ya might get.
Great work ladies and thank you for your hard work

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
First, was it really necessary for you to make a 3 post OP? What about a single post OP that simply asks, "Hey AshleyD, that one photo was in Ontario, not Toronto. Please explain yourself, thanks."

Well, yes and no. It should have been a 2 post OP but I am not too technically savvy and as you can see I could not get the embedded videos to work. The 3rd post was originally necessary for the amount of code to embed the 6 videos (which I later realized wasn't necessary even though I still cant get the embeds to work). I also certainly could have shortened it even further by removing the videos altogether but I think they both show a lot of important information directly related to this issue as well as providing even further material on the protest in general. Sorry for the info overload

Oh and Toronto is a CITY (in fact the CAPITOL CITY) of the PROVINCE of Ontario in the COUNTRY of Canada.

Also, instead of a title like "Noticed an error in ep2 os Conspiracy Chicks", you made the title you did to sensationalize the minor error you noticed. "Disinfo or Misinfo?"

If you had read the entire thread, or even at least my follow up posts you would see that not only do I realize and admit now that the tone of my OP was a little too harsh but that I have also directly apologized to AshleyD for this. And from what I can tell, she seems to understand my sentiments completely.

Also, and I would tend to think that the Chicks would agree with me here, the "minor error" I noticed, even though it truly was a minor error on AshleyD's part, is not so minor in its potential effect. If, for instance, AshleyD had been trying to willfully mislead the community and refused to admit fault or correct the error then this would be a case of genuine disinformation and, as such, would cause the same amount of damage (proportionately, of course) as would any lie about important political events.

You aren't trying to defend ATS's credibility, you are trying to force the abortion of a project in its earliest stages. Every politician needs an agenda I guess...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED?

Yes, actually, Mission Accomplished! However, my mission here (as has, again, already been stated if you had cared to look) was to expose this error and have a discussion of said error and hopefully get a response from the Chicks, or at least spur a correction of the issue. Done, done and done.

And frankly, I wholeheartedly disagree with your claim as to my intentions. I believe that issues like this NEED to be openly and publicly discussed, not hidden behind closed doors and done with a nod and a wink. How much ignorance can we truly deny here at ATS when things like this are swept under the rug and dealt with the same way as all the corruption and abuse of power in governments and corporations are? Do we not aspire to be more, to refuse to hide our flaws or cover-up our mistakes and to take responsibility for our actions? Are we truly "defending ATS' credibility" by not being open and accountable?

And I certainly can't speak for AshleyD, but were I in her shoes I would be a lot happier having a thread on the front page calling me out and then ultimately vindicating me, rather than the video remaining flawed and having an explanation of the mistake buried at the bottom of a dead or dying thread. AshleyD has dealt with this publicly and openly and can now move on and put this mistake behind her without any reasonable worry that people will continue to question her intentions, at least in relation to this issue.

I posed a question in the title of this thread and as far as Im concerned it has been answered. So, again, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by dangerouslogic]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yeah I realized my mistake on that point later (I posted a bit earlier about it). At the time I was going off just the clip used in the Chicks video rather than the full version which clearly shows that they were in fact undercover cops.

The question now, I suppose, is to what extent were these undercover cops and their colleagues involved in the rest of the whole event? How much damage and destruction are they responsible for? Hopefully more evidence and testimony will be forthcoming so we can all get to the bottom of this issue and, ultimately, make any guilty parties pay.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
After some searching I found this video. While it is not proof per se, it does provide yet more evidence that police were dressed up as black bloc anarchists. Whether or not they actually destroyed the police cars or store fronts remains in doubt. Judge for yourselves -

www.youtube.com...

sorry, im using a different browser and my favorites tab showing how to embed isn't accessible.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I only want to say this. This is a site where independent contributors can post information for others to discuss. I never felt the site ITSELF should promote any one contributor, post, or bit of information. I don't like the conspiracy chicks idea; I feel it goes against the idea of this website, in an attempt to conform to 'mainstream media'. We don't need a video montage compiled from independent posters... we need independent posters.

The last thing I want to see is a conspiracy about ATS lol ... (and I hope that lol isn't gonna bite me in the butt)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Originally posted by Nola213
I think she said notations were already edited into the episode to clear up the old footage and the new.

I don't know if that could have or was done before or after this thread was made though.

The issue of the Quebec footage being included in the Montreal story was brought up within four hours of the video being released and addressed by Springer the following day in the video discussion thread. I assume that the notations were changed at the same time.

The issue was raised by SphinxMontreal in this post and addressed by Springer in this post.

edit to make timeline more specific

[edit on 7/15/2010 by americandingbat]

Thanks very much for the information. Unfortunately I haven't been following the story, as I've been short on ATS/computer time and these types of "stories" add more stress to my life than I already need so I try to avoid them.

I don't like seeing "real" violence on film, unless it's sanctioned fighting i.e Mixed Martial Arts or Boxing.

Your post was very helpful and clears up a good deal for me.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yer just jealous that his post is longer than yours

2nd line reserved for a cool Rodney Dangerfield quote when I find it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It's the End of the World As We Know It and I Feel Fine

We started the riot: Report 7 of the weeklong resistance coverage of the G20 rebellions

Debunking the "agent provocateur" and "the cops let it happen" conspiracy theories. Kristian Williams an expert on police tactics during mass demonstrations speaks about the state's monopoly of power

[edit on 15-7-2010 by NoHierarchy]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

We started the riot: Report 7 of the weeklong resistance coverage of the G20 rebellions

Debunking the "agent provocateur" and "the cops let it happen" conspiracy theories. Kristian Williams an expert on police tactics during mass demonstrations speaks about the state's monopoly of power

You're kidding.... right? Some talking face claims that there were no agents provocateurs or cops letting stuff happen so, ipso facto, it didn't happen - its debunked? Please tell me this is a joke, or some sort of troll trap for those with paralyzed brains...

I mean without considering any other factors, why should I believe one disguised (visually and vocally) talking face's random claim when we have hundreds of undisguised witnesses willing to put their identities and credibility on the line stating what they saw happen? I mean, of course, if the wizard of oz actually had presented any evidence whatsoever other than one short clip of a lone cop running away from an area with numerous protesters, then maybe said fantasy evidence would actually outweigh the "claims of the liberals and lefties". Alas, a couple swear words, one cop running and a guy who can barely complete a sentence makes me think more of a sad little man hiding behind a curtain.

Let's be honest, even if this guy isn't the complete joke he appears to be and actually does in some way represent the Black Bloc, then we are left with two potential logical assumptions: 1) The guy is from the "Black Bloc" and is simply trying to claim responsibility so as to make his group seem tough and powerful and cool OR 2) The guy is one of the "Black Bloc" cops simply doing his part maintaining the fantasy that we need to spend $1 billion on police toys and security and bring 19,000 cops from across the country just to have a chance at saving civilization from the evil anarchist terrorist flying monkeys who won't stop until Heath Ledger has been resurrected to lead them.

I mean, come on folks, for all we know that was Stephen Harper behind the green screen.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Its amazing, even if someone admits they were trying to incite a riot and succeeded, it is not believed. From the same mouth, its stated that if we heard cops admit it we wouldn't believe it. Quite the hypocrisy we got there.

No offense intended, but it is what it is.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

couldn't agree more. is it just me or does that video not really talk about anything, it's all so loosely put together and heavily opinionated.

i think based on the witness testimony (both public and journalist) and videos we've all seen, if anything, it's blatantly easy to see that there is something wrong going on here in this country right now. i've seen first hand people change their view from pre-protest (outraged at the spending), to a post-protest view (justification in spending).

for example; how someone can watch and contest to people being thrown into unmarked vans an sped off is beyond me...

but back on topic, i think all the show could really get to, is that it has happened once before, so it is somewhat more likely it has happened again. even though besides some black-bloc-esque clad police being video'd taking sanction behind police lines, we have not much else to go on...

if you haven't seen this, meanwhile back in montreal at a related g20 protest, more undercover cops:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

I want my star back, i gave you a star for what you said in your post. And now because you find Ashley D attractive and the thread is popular you edit that post and apologize?
Yes, it's juvenile but i honestly did agree that conspiracy chicks is nauseatingly terrible, although the two folks hosting it are great members.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangerouslogic

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

You're kidding.... right? Some talking face claims that there were no agents provocateurs or cops letting stuff happen so, ipso facto, it didn't happen - its debunked? Please tell me this is a joke, or some sort of troll trap for those with paralyzed brains...

I mean without considering any other factors, why should I believe one disguised (visually and vocally) talking face's random claim when we have hundreds of undisguised witnesses willing to put their identities and credibility on the line stating what they saw happen? I mean, of course, if the wizard of oz actually had presented any evidence whatsoever other than one short clip of a lone cop running away from an area with numerous protesters, then maybe said fantasy evidence would actually outweigh the "claims of the liberals and lefties". Alas, a couple swear words, one cop running and a guy who can barely complete a sentence makes me think more of a sad little man hiding behind a curtain.

Let's be honest, even if this guy isn't the complete joke he appears to be and actually does in some way represent the Black Bloc, then we are left with two potential logical assumptions: 1) The guy is from the "Black Bloc" and is simply trying to claim responsibility so as to make his group seem tough and powerful and cool OR 2) The guy is one of the "Black Bloc" cops simply doing his part maintaining the fantasy that we need to spend $1 billion on police toys and security and bring 19,000 cops from across the country just to have a chance at saving civilization from the evil anarchist terrorist flying monkeys who won't stop until Heath Ledger has been resurrected to lead them.

I mean, come on folks, for all we know that was Stephen Harper behind the green screen.

Where is all this vast evidence you speak of? Who are these "hundreds" of witnesses that can state that police provocateurs were directly involved in either committing the acts or letting them happen? And even if they did- SO WHAT?? Your friend is not the police anyway, if one of their cars goes up in flames, it really shouldn't concern anybody with half a brain.

As for the host of this series, he's actually got quite a number of episodes out and is fairly well known amongst Anarchist circles/viewers. I assure you he's no troll, he's an activist and web-show host. His visual style is a copy of Ice Cube's character in Johnny Mnemonic as a member of the Lo Teks. As you can see, he has a strong sense of humor and doesn't get overly serious. Don't let his vulgar/opinionated method deter from the actual points he's making... in fact, I don't see how it really could, they're quite valid. If you'd rather listen to the mainstream media and the conspiracy theories of protesters who WEREN'T EVEN ON THE SCENE over the views of Anarchists who were actually there, then there's not much I can do to help you. What he and many Anarchists are RIGHTFULLY pissed off about is the EAGER disowning of Anarchists by other leftist activists, ratting them out, shaming them, singling them out MORE than the cops themselves, when the COPS are the ones beating them in the streets. They're just doing the cops/medias' jobs for them. I've said it once and I'll say it again- WHEN COPS BEAT THE SH** OUT OF PEACEFUL PROTESTERS, IT'S NOT THE FAULT OF ANARCHISTS. WHEN THE MEDIA FAILS TO COVER A PROTEST PROPERLY/ACCURATELY, IT IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE ANARCHISTS. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THE WRONGDOING OF POLICE/MEDIA. And don't you dare scapegoat Anarchists who actually have the balls to fight back against a REAL aggressor. Black bloc tactics have been proven effective time and time again. If you think you can simply oust Anarchists from all protests and the cops will leave you alone and the media will give you a fair shake then you're the one living in a fantasy world.

So I ask you- first present solid evidence of YOUR claims. The burden of proof lies on your side. Secondly, prove that smashing the windows of a bank/corporate chain or a cop car is actually as irrelevant/unjust an act as to warrant such scapegoating and outcry.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by NoHierarchy]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well.. it looks like your right.

I have to watch the gals because they are totally adorable babes. (Their men folk must be very proud)

I think they reported mainly what was in the popular G-20 threads at the time and trusted the ATS folks to get their stories straight.

I am sure it was not done intentionally and next time they will check the facts a little closer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join