It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why somethings not too big to cover up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I often get the comment when arguing a conspiracy theory, "it's too big to cover up" my response is one line. "What about the Manhattan project?" There were 130000 people involved in the Manhattan project wiki.answers.com... the vice president of the United States of America Harry S. Truman didn't even know about it. www.u-s-history.com...

The history of the Manhattan Project remained classified for many years. In fact, it was so secret that Harry S. Truman, although vice president of the United States, was not made aware of its existence until after the death of Roosevelt in 1945.

Ya, I've argued the moon landings, 911, you name it, and almost every time without fail "it's too big to cover up" I think not!

and just too make the thread cooler
below I have posted actual nuclear bomb footage, I recommend you watch it!

This is actual footage from the mid 50s it absolutely astounded me, how the soldiers just walk right up to the mushroom cloud! Imagine being one of those soldiers, that would be the most amazing sight to see!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I had seen that video before, makes me so mad to see loyal American Soldiers put in harms way by the government they served. They knew the effects, they had studied weaponizing even nuclear waste as a soil contaminate during the Manhattan Project.

Nothing is too big to cover up when the people trust those in authority...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

S&F for you man I could not agree more. Our loyal troops are constantly being put in harms way by a country thats not loyal back. In my opinion anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I wonder if the success of wide spread secrecy is/can be maintained by not only the threat of life imprisonment for the individual , but for their families as well, and that is a pretty big influence. Maybe loyalty to one's country could persuade secrecy, or maybe being convinced that an act of malevolence is for a bigger purpose.
Then of course there is the ole Manchurian Candidate possibility.

I'm not sure, but nothing can really surprise me anymore.

Peace

[edit on 15-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I hear that argument all the time.. "thats to big to keep secret" I then remind people of the SR-71 and the Stealth bomber and area 51.. We the public are made aware of these small, and really non secret, secrets years if not decades after they happen.. so if we are that far behind the curve on really mundane secrets how far are we behind the curve on the really big secrets?

if the powers that be will guard a high flying fast airplane for decades what would they do with other secrets we can only speculate about?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Those are some good examples man, I agree completely I own people in conspiracy arguments, cause they just believe the official story like the little sheeple they are.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

You see back when “Government” was HUGE almost Omnipotent!
They were everywhere and knew everything; they had super secret agents IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!
When a person told a story it was lucky if it got outside of the town limits.
Nowadays people realize the Gumment is actually puny and quite impotent.
We tell a story online and 3 minutes later a kid halfway around the world knows what we know.
The idea that something is to big to keep a secret used to be somewhat true.
That is why they would bring individual soldiers in for a debriefing and tell them,
“you realize this is top secret and problems will happen to and for your family if this is ever spoke of again”?
That plus compartmentalization kept pretty tight ships afloat.
Now the idea that something is too big to keep secret is true.
We continually find shady areas where we question what the Gumment does.
But, the only reason we don’t hang these traitors is, by the time we can drag something into the light and prove it, a commission has already ruled on said activity and found it to be what the PTB want it to be. And their word is final.
That and the brainwashed masses that can simply not comprehend that these United States of America, The Shining Beacon for the World! Could ever do an evil thing.
But there is hope, we are waking up at a breakneck pace.
The human spirit is naturally curious it is in our DNA we can not deny this fact!
So we do a web search and find a grey area in our study that leads to a black area.
And then said researcher looks at another online story and sometimes suddenly wakes up that not all is as it seems.
The truth shall not set us free, the web will.
And that is the only thing that is too big to hide.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thank you for posting but I disagree 100%, can you tell me what is going on in Area 51? No. No one can unless your there, can I search online and find out exactly what government projects Area 51 is working on? No. You can't. I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree,
Area 51 flies there workers into the facility, there is a sign that says people will be shot who trespass into Area 51 no, the web helps a lot, but it also causes absolutely massive amounts of dis info, dis info which the government promotes to hide the truth, the internet has clouded things as much as it's made things more clear.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Good point you make about Area 51.
I imagine the reason why they keep secrets is kind of comparmentalization. nobody gets the full picture plus anything that may have been developed there wont be news until the product has been out for years.
Now, there are theories about what is happening there, Stargate is one of them.
The trick to keeping a secret is when it gets out you throw 20 other theories out there and while people sort through the rubble you continue to work and giggle.
Disinfo is a valuable tool.
So yeah that secret, Area 51 is too big to keep a secret and I'm sure we know exactly what is going on there, just a million other theories cloud our perception.
But ultimately I would have to conceed the victory to you as we have not pinned a definate main truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The Liberty is another one..Very little is known by the sheeple...

It was a secret for many years..

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Anyone notice the debunk to the whole chemtrailer theory in the first video... ROFL.

AND -

Has anyone here ever played the video game Fallout 3? Wow did that last video remind of that game.

top topics

join