It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on the Antichrist, Christ, God, and Salvation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What is an Antichrist? That which the Christ is not. There have been many over the centuries and most were simply called this as propaganda.

What is a Christ? A symbol, title, position, not some mega being who is here to forgive everyone's sins. Forgiveness and sins come from the individual and simply believing in a God and asking to be forgiven just doesn't change a person's behaviors.

Behaviors must change for forgiveness to work, and even if God were to judge mankind, it would be on a personal level as to whether or not you live up to basic standards of love, understanding, and kindness. Not how many scriptures you memorize or how devout you think you are.

That is how an Anti-Christ will ensnare the masses, by pandering to the common misconceptions of what God and Christ really are (people from a higher existence) and using tricks to encourage more of the same attitudes that lead to war, famine, plague, and death (yes the four horsemen).

The current world structures are ripe for the reaping, and all it will take is for a miracle man to show up, fix some massive problem (something exacerbated from an oil spill perhaps, or something worse), then the people who simply pay lip service to salvation will have their golden ticket and by that time nothing will change their minds. Not even the dead rising from their graves leaving them behind. Then the prophecies will be fulfilled.

A real Christ will not just forgive everything that has happened, it simply isn't how forgiveness works. If people who claim Jesus as their savior still judge others as sinners and can't wait till they burn in hell or reap wealth at others expense they simply don't understand that being a good person is far more valuable to God than knowing the bible inside and out.

People knew the world was flat, people know the governments of the world are looking out for their best interests (less than in the past, hopefully) and people know that they can behave however they want and still go to heaven as long as they believe it to be true.

Buddhists believe that the right behaviors, actions, attitudes, lifestyle, etc. are what count, and it is the same idea I am talking about here. Going to church every Sunday and tithing mean so little if your heart is full of judgment and hatred.

Salvation is non-denominational and comes from self judgment, and atonement is attained by being a good person whatever way you can.

God isn't perfect, the Christ isn't either, nor are we.
Love, self respect and treating others as best we can is more than good enough if you really mean it. All the rest feeds negativity and judgment, and
that is what an Antichrist is looking for.

Be well.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by GideonHM]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
What is an Antichrist? That which the Christ is not. There have been many over the centuries and most were simply called this as propaganda.

Since "antichrist" is a Biblical concept, the only definition that matters is the Biblical one.
An "antichrist" is someone publicly claiming to be the returned Christ.
"For many will come in my name, saying 'I am the Christ'"-Matthew ch24 v5
"As you have heard antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come" 1 John ch2 v18

I've suggested elsewhere that the "massive problem" which the Antichrist will be fixing wil actually be the events of the Four Horsemen in revelation ch6-
The Beast from the sea- a World-state
The Four Horsemen

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Muhammad was the anti-christ. The obvious is right under your noses.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I believe that the anti-christ is indeed right under our nose but it's not a religious thing. It's the forces of materialism that is bringing this world to its knees. People, especially in the west, have found a new god and that god is money. It's the love of money that is threatening destruction on our world, plain and simple.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Anti Christ? Has been with mankind since the beginning. Ill try to explain.

If you want to stay within biblical context, you will learn nothing, and be controlled greatly.

For the most part we all know that the "Human Being" is a two part description. It shows the "Human", being the physical container, for the "Being", the soul or spirit. Is there anyone who really believes all humans, have a soul, or spirit?

To me, the "Christ" is the spirit, the soul of humanity. It matters not what religion or ethnicity a person is. If you can have empathy and compassion for other living things, you have the "Christ" within you.

The anti Christ then would be those who have no soul, no spirit, and have absolutely no compassion for other living things, and as it appears, they only care about worldly possession and power. To them, this is the only life they will live because there is no after life for them. They must do it all now while on this plane.

Is there another human species that resides along side of us who are great actors but would stab you in the back to gain another rung on the ladder of success? Lets not go there

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

To me, the "Christ" is the spirit, the soul of humanity. It matters not what religion or ethnicity a person is. If you can have empathy and compassion for other living things, you have the "Christ" within you.

The anti Christ then would be those who have no soul, no spirit, and have absolutely no compassion for other living things, and as it appears, they only care about worldly possession and power. To them, this is the only life they will live because there is no after life for them. They must do it all now while on this plane.

Yes, precisely. This so called anti-christ is simply the force of involution, i.e. the soul of man involving himself further and further into the material plane, whereas the opposite force, the Christ , represents the force of evolution, i.e. the soul of man evolving himself out of the material plane.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't know the day, but think around 2017 from what i have been reading about the micro chip, the Htoo twins, and other things.

Im feeling around that time the earth will be cleansed and chastised of all evil.

once we get past 2012 which is a way to prepare mandkind tht we are in the clear after that.

He might be on the sceen around 2016 or 17....

I could be wrong. As for the antichrist. Yes he's real and he was born before 2000.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Muhammad was the anti-christ. The obvious is right under your noses.

If Muhammad was the or an anti-christ, then why is he the last prophet of Islam? Aren't the anti-christ bad? That makes me think that not all anti-christs are anti-christs.

That leads me believe that the anti christ concept is like a fail safe system for holy books, at least Judaism and its successors and hybrids. For when and if a person comes trying to spread that state of being of christ, they'd be labeled anti-christ and persecuted, even if they didn't say the were christ returned.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
YhWh is the creator spirit of all in existence. YhWh is merely a symbol which represents that spirit. In the image of this spirit is the spirit of Man created. The spirit of Man is within the spirit of creation and the spirit of creation is in the spirit of Man. Christ is that spirit of Man. It is within all of us. We are within the father and the father is within us.

The anti-christ is a label applied to the group of Christians who parted ways with the group of Christians who became dominant through the Catholic Church. Even the use of the word is un-Christ like, as he accepted all without judgement. He taught that we are all children of God. Those who cannot see this do to their own judgements, he called children of Satan, the adversary of God. This is not a judgement against them so much as it is a statement of their condition. They are deceived by their own judgements against their fellow man.

Christ is within each and everyone of us. Anyone who arises from the masses and would claim exclusive use of the title, that is who we are to be careful of. That would be someone who is coming to make you his servent under the name of Christ. Christ did not have servants. He counted his disciples as his equals for we are ALL children of God.

Here is a thread I wrote on the anti-christ. What we look for in an anti-christ, is found in our own heart.

Rise of the Anti Christ

That's my view on the matter. Find Christ within yourself. Loose the judgements you hold over your fellow man. Love them all with all your heart.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

The word 'Christ' means consciousness.
The words 'Anti-Christ' means not knowing you are consciousness.
'Christ' means now and here, present awareness. Presence.
'Anti-Christ' is a belief that there is any other time or place.

The anti christ is someone who uses this now moment as a stepping stone to something or somewhen better.
Christ is someone who sees the beauty of this precious eternal now and knows all is taken care of.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Christ is forgiveness without the need to forgive. 'Christ' is the ability to bring the whole of the past to this moment and say 'Let's forget the past and go from here.' Always starting here and ending here. Nothing to forgive, just living for this moment.
'Christ' is this ever fresh now. Clean and pure and untouched by human thought.
What is wrong with this moment, until you think about it?
edit on 29-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Christ is forgiveness without the need to forgive. 'Christ' is the ability to bring the whole of the past to this moment and say 'Let's forget the past and go from here.' Always starting here and ending here. Nothing to forgive, just living for this moment.
'Christ' is this ever fresh now. Clean and pure and untouched by human thought.
What is wrong with this moment, until you think about it?
edit on 29-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

You sound like someone who knows Christ my friend. Well met.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

join