It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Astronaut Escape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
First off I would like to say that if this does not belong here then THIS THREAD does not belong here
My first post ,here, ( with a misleading title, my bad ) was ban in 30 min or so yet this thread has gone on for FOUR HOURS and is five plus pages long. So i have fixed the title to something more suited to the threads contents . This is my attempt at a repost.

This is all ideas I posted in another thread but seems as they were a little late i cant tell if anyone saw. So with no responses to those posts lets just get to the meat of it and I will try to explain myself a little bit better later.(and ask few questions)

I think that if the photos are to be believed and that what we see in these pictures is interpreted as a ufo and the CAIB is to be believed then it is possible that the astronauts were NEVER DIED BUT WERE SAVED.

exhibits (PS make these links in separate tabs as we will be coming back to them)

This link is where I started and establishes credibility that its is a true "anomaly" in my eyes (your eyes may differ)
columbiadiasaster info
Thanks to "theability" for the link

and this link debunks it

Thanks to Darkice19 for the link
debunks it perhaps a little to good as i will soon try and point out

Now that you have seen all that and have both sides let me propose something.

So this is how the scenario goes ....
The shuttle is hit by foam on the way up and NASA knows this could be bad. After reviewing tapes of the liftoff ,NASA knows that there is a slim to none chance they will make it back through reentry. So for (insert your reason here) TPTB decide that the astronauts need to be saved. No one can know about this, perhaps not even the astronauts or NASA themselves, so they have to make it look like they died in reentry as NASA has no other choice but to risk it . TPTB get a (insert your triangle saucer or other preferred mode of advanced travel here) prepped and wait for the opening. At roughly 5:53 am that plan is put into effect. This is the moment when the shuttle shows its earliest distress, the time has come. A man clicks a photo.

What that man captures is a "ship", visible for just a few moments ,as it takes aboard its human/and or other important cargo before vanishing into lore.

Now many maybe asking "Wow, nice story but you debunked yourself in, like, the second link you posted ,so who cares? Well here is where you all come in . Im not sure this was debunked . What are the odds that two people would push a shutter button the EXACT SAME WAY? and by exact I am talking Like 99.99%+. Well i dont know either , but i think it a tad unlikely. So as i cant do this on my cpu atm i would like to ask for help.

Please open link one and find figure 4a1. Now for link two please find 3:05.5 or so. Compare. Are they not exactly alike? So is the debunker using the photo hes supposed to be debunking as proof the photo is not real. ...i hope that translates and you guys are getting what im saying as that last statement sounds just terrible. Its like the debunker couldnt do it so he grabbed the photo and worked backwards.

So now who is up to test my theory that the debunker has copied the photo in question. Are they EXACTLY ALIKE? I would like to see someone take this on since "proof" will only come by working together and verifying independently, so i want to see overlays and any analysis you could give me.

Hope you found this enjoyable and any constructive comments are welcome. Its good to be on ATS , the minds playground.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Another_Nut]

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Another_Nut]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Short answer (IF I think I understood your point??) was, the culture of compacency at NASA had had time to grow back post-Challenger disaster.

Perhaps over confidence, and a bit of denial...OR those with the ultimate power of decision simply would not envision how bad it could, be --- the damage from the foam pieces. And, did not act out of an abundance of caution.

Read the book "Riding Rockets", by former astronaut Mike Mullane.
~~~

Oh, neato!!! Here is his website: www.mikemullane.com...

~~~
He offers a lot of insight, and a great insider's view point. If I recall, the Robotic Arm was not carried on that flight --- it can be used, in lieu of an EVA, to inspect the tiles that are most vulnerable to damage, from flying foam pieces.

It is little known that Atlantis was in process of preparation for an upcoming launch, and was stacked in the VAB. and could have been rushed through prep for launch as a "rescue" mission.

Would have had a minimum crew of only two pilots, and could have carried additional EVA suits for the vehicle-to-vehicle EVA transfers.

There were enough consumables onboard Columbia to have extended their wait, for rescue, by simply curtailing activities not needed for pure onboard life-support related survival.

Of course, Columbia would likely have been abandonded on-orbit, to be de-orbited later for impact in an ocean.

I guess a more ambitious plan MAY have included repair attempts, but we shall never know that possibility.....

~~~~

Oh, missed your question first time through...

Please open link one and find figure 4a1. Now for link two please find 3:05.5 or so. Compare. Are they not exactly alike? So is the debunker using the photo hes supposed to be debunking as proof the photo is not real.

If you read the text notes in the video, the maker points out that only ONE photographer captured this "corkscrew" (which is obviously camera shake anomaly, anyone who's used a camera with long shutter exposure speeds will have experienced these), and that there were a number of other people who were video-taping the entry --- and none of those show the alleged "corkscrew" anomaly.

Seemed pretty conclusive.

[edit on 15 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Ok, I took the picture from figure 4a1, and I took a screenshot from the video you posted, and I overlayed the images:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dffbef208c46.png[/atsimg]

As you can see the pictures were essentially identical, and overlap perfectly. However, I'm not sure what that even proves, and what you're trying to get at, as after watching that video he seems to pretty conclusively close the case on this one. All of pictures taken by the same photographer who was manually pressing the shutter button contained the artifact? No one else had photos that also contained the same artifact, or is figure 4a1 supposed to be from a different source? Seems pretty obvious to me this one has a mundane explanation...though I did find that video quite rude when he started to insult conspiracy theorists...as if skeptics are always right...

[edit on 14/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

OP said "What are the odds that two people would push a shutter button the EXACT SAME WAY?" so I think it's supposed to be two different sources. I confess I'm too tired to watch the video and read the linked article at this moment, though!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Hello Another _Nut,

If your previous thread was "removed", it may be due to the fact that you haven't produced an intro thread to present yourself!

That, and having a minimum count of 20 postings on other threads.

Welcome here, anyway!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
thanks for the replies everyone . i GOT A NEW JOB! so i might be a min in getting back to this , but i will . talk to you all soon.

new topics

top topics

join