It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of the 80s Who Liked It Loud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You know what was the bomb? Putting on a pair of those great quality headphones that totally cover your ear, plugging them into the actual stereo ('cause the volume would go higher than a ... walkman) and listening to Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" (full version) as loud as it would go.

I say this not just because it's a good song. Lots of good songs. But because of the opening where the drum crescendo mixed with everything else makes you feel like your going to achieve a climax or something.

I also did this with Prince's "Let's Go Crazy," except this time, it was the end with that wicked guitar screaming that goes on and on - terrific.

Good times. Ears are not 100% these days.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
OMG..have you got that right.
We would cruise up and down the main strip BLASTING Money for nothing...and Prince's Let's go Crazy made me Dance all over the house for months...

ElevatedOne..this is for you.

Songs I blasted in the 80's...

and..and ummm..yeah..a little bit of this...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Van Halen and Def Leppard...hell yeah..

But don't forget Back in black and for those about to rock from AC/DC and pretty much all of the albums from the mighty Maiden!

Respect to Pink Floyd and also Whitesnake's Still of the night!

Turn them up to 11

[edit on 15-7-2010 by uptheirons!]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by uptheirons!
Van Halen and Def Leppard...hell yeah..

But don't forget Back in black and for those about to rock from AC/DC and pretty much all of the albums from the mighty Maiden!

Respect to Pink Floyd and also Whitesnake's Heat of the night!

Turn them up to 11

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

That's what i'm talking about!...thanks for pointing out my mistake with the title of the Whitesnake track by the way..edited my post so as not to appear stupid!

Also more honurable mentions to Bon Jovi for Living on a prayer and Motorhead for Ace of spades!

new topics

top topics

join