It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuking The Oil Spill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Nuking The Oil Spill?

www.prisonplanet.com

So whats the real deal?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ripping a page out of a science fiction book? sounds like the government is doing what it does best. keeping us uninformed and out of the loop. The article is disusing a mini nuke to be the end all save all cure for the oil spill. I live in Dallas and i would rather not have a nuke of any size going off where methane is coming out. not only that but OIL! Check it out.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It sure seems to me two weeks ago when the new BP spokesperson (don't remember his name) did that live Q&A on YouTube with PBS (I think it was PBS). He said they working with the government on two alternative options should the relief wells fail but that he could not discuss what they were. Had to be nukes, or at least blowing it up in conjunction with the military in some way.. That or they really just had nothing. They really should have bombed the hell out of it or something (non-nuke two weeks in). Maybe this is what they're planning...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Either the nuke seals it shut, or the nuke completely breaks up the crust on top of the oil field and it goes everywhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Either the nuke seals it shut, or the nuke completely breaks up the crust on top of the oil field and it goes everywhere.

I won't go into any scenarios but it sounds about right. They're probably talking a 60/40 chance of success, but still undecided about which probability will be 60/40

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
hey- tony- i got water in my yacht -maybe i should shoot a hole in the bottom to let the water out..what do you think bubba? maybe we should check with dubbya-
he's an expert. whoa- expert nuke advice from russians in cherno-
thats funny..the phone went dead..hello?
LETS PUT HOMER SIMPSON IN CHARGE - for christs sake-

[edit on 14-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They've blown off many hundreds of nukes in our own country for no reason whatsoever, why not blast one down in the Gulf for a purpose. It's not like anyone will care - they have network television.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join