It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korean Propaganda Poster Hints at Cheonan Sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

english.chosun.com

North Korea has been distributing a propaganda poster apparently boasting about its sinking of the South Korean Navy corvette Cheonan in March, Radio Free Asia reported Tuesday. The U.S.-funded radio station based the claim on a poster it obtained from a Chinese businessman just back from a trip to the North.

The poster shows a North Korean soldier's fist smashing the ship into two pieces, accompanied by a slogan saying, "We'll take it down with a single blow if it attacks!"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think that this is more of a threat than a hint. I think N. Korea is saying if anyone attacks us, we will destroy you. On the other hand this could be propaganda from S. Korea to get S. Korean people up in arms more than they already are. There has been a lot happening recently between N. and S. Korea so it will definately be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next couple of months.

english.chosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The evidence has been shown to be fishy to say the least..
IMHO
Like the Iraqi Taxi driver that was the source of the nuke america in 45 minutes blather, or the PR firm CEO's daughter who was the source of the rip the babies from the incubater sploodge, etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Same here! This poster could of been made anywhere. I believe our government knows a lot of North Korea propaganda posters to make one of their own. It shouldn't be that difficult.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

It could have been faked. But it does align with what most military analysts have been saying all along, which is that North Korea sank the Cheonan to boost their soldiers' morale before a probable transfer of power to Kim's son. Previous regime changes in North Korea have also been accompanied by deadly attacks against South Korea.

I suspect it's genuine.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

That is a very good point, but what is the point of egging on S. Korea. It's only going to make tensions there much worse.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Perhaps they need the tension as an excuse to keep their military strong. Without such a strong totalitarian military the people would probably revolt, or Kim Jong Il would be assassinated, or any other number of things... all of which Kim is probably terrified of, every day of his life.

I guess I don't really know what it's like over there; I've never been there. But from what I've heard and read, it sounds like a pretty miserable existence for everyone.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here is some stuff that indicates it may be a false flag, including South Korean papers reporting it as a false flag, and their reporting of the effort to stifle free speech, and bury the facts so the false flag could fly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Rumsfeld was far too cozy with Kim IMO, things are never what they seem when Rumsfeld has been around.

PS I read an article about one of the only north Korean escapees.
All he could think of even after being in the west for some time, was getting enough to eat...those people got it rough, really rough.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

If there is going to be a false flag I think this might have something to do with it
Watch out for China-US tension at sea

Some said these exercises were called off but I posted this earlier today
US, S. Korea to hold naval exercises in Yellow Sea: Pentagon

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry I'm not laughing at the ship sinking or the crew loss I'm laughing at the articles title and they say "Hints" Has anybody brought up that it could be a "False Flag" or simply Western "Propaganda" yet?

Oh, never mind I see the apologists have already spoken.
Please continue.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Good catches.
China is sending refined oil and who knows what else to IRAN as they are not really on the same bus as the US in regards to sanctions.
That would be going by ship wouldn't it?
Through the areas described in your links too maybe?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I suppose quoting south koreans ....Naw they wouldn't have a clue would they...say when was that poster printed?
could be 40 years old by the style

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Thanks DBONE
I've been trying to keep up on this ever since the sinking. If you happen to find anything please keep me updated

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by SLAYER69

I suppose quoting south koreans ....Naw they wouldn't have a clue would they...say when was that poster printed?
could be 40 years old by the style

Do we have a link that states that?
I read your thread interesting opinion.

Did you bother reading the article? The style may be 40 years old but the ship in question on it isn't. But I guess the sinking was a false flag so was the poster a false flag so are the millions of malnourished North Koreans are also false flags or their Nuclear program all false flags. Little Kimmy threatening war every time someone in South Korea farts in their direction is a false flag.

Gotcha

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
"We'll take it down with a single blow if it attacks!"
Is the slogan on the poster
Did the Chosan attack?
If not than the poster is not about the Chosan
Thats kinda case closed right there no?

yes Slayer, I read the article did you read the south Korean reports on the thread I linked to?
PS corvettes are an old old style of boat

top topics

join