It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Raid Legal Marijuana Farm, Destroy Crops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
alternet

The federal Drug Enforcement Administration has flouted Mendocino County, California’s newly enacted medical marijuana ordinance by raiding the first collective that had applied to the sheriff’s cultivation permit program.

A multi-agency federal task force descended on the property of Joy Greenfield, the first Mendo patient to pay the $1,050 application fee under the ordinance, which allows collectives to grow up to 99 plants provided they comply with certain regulations.

Greenfield had applied in the name of her collective, “Light The Way,” which opened in San Diego earlier this year. Her property had passed a preliminary inspection by the Mendo sheriff’s deputies shortly before the raid, and she had bought the sheriff’s “zip-ties” intended to designate her cannabis plants as legal.

In the days before the raid, Greenfield had seen a helicopter hovering over her property; she inquired with the sheriff, who told her the copter belonged to the DEA and wasn’t under his control.

Even though she was following local ordinances and it was completely legal, feds came in, trashed her crop, and stole her computer. Obama's hypocritical policies put this woman through a lot of crap.
If you say you're not gonna raid legal farms, DON'T RAID LEGAL FARMS. DO something about it. How long will these policies continue? As long as the corporate oligarchy stands, democracy will continue to be stepped upon by those who stand to lose from people being free.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

Making a post demanding Obama do something about it makes me LOL.

The guy works for Goldman Sachs/BP

That's like demanding the Chairman of General Electric put an end to the drug war.

The Chairman of GE cares about GE, he does not care about your drug war.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I am not surprised - makes me furious! Sick people need this medicine, it is good medicine and more natural than anything you get at the pharmacy!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Nothing new. Feds ignore local laws which are above theirs in this issue constanly. They raid dispenseries without the jurisdiction to do so. Noone will step up to them

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Feds say you can't grow marijuana, state says it's okay to grow marijuana. Fed's raid and destroy marijuana in the state.

Fed's says illegal immigration is a crime, state agrees. State enforces law. Fed's file a lawsuit against the state for enforcing the law.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thats a coincidence.

I'm watching Marijuana Inc. (rerun) on CNBC.

They have a small section on Mendocino County.

Here's a Hulu link to the special if anyone hasn't seen it.

Marijuana Inc.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I thought Obama said the US gov WOULD NOT raid state legal growers anymore.
I guess everything really IS a lie.-

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Thats a coincidence.

I'm watching Marijuana Inc. (rerun) on CNBC.

They have a small section on Mendocino County.

Here's a Hulu link to the special if anyone hasn't seen it.

Marijuana Inc.

The very first line of the film is a grower saying something like "we don't want to use our guns, but..." so the whole movie should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nevermind, I'm thinking of another cannabis program on hulu....

[edit on 14-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What a waste!! I feel for this person. I can see myself in their shoes.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Jesus these people are reterded. If only the would open just ONE eye, like almost half way, they would see that they could be makeing loads of tax dollars off of the sale of Marijuana. Enought that we might not be circling the tiolet as a nation. Instead they go against the State LAWS and ruin this ladies crop and possibly put her LEGAL business in jepordy. One step forward, two steps back always.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

No, im not demanding him to do anything about it on an internet forum. Merely thinking aloud. I understand the reasons why the drug war continues, and I understand who is making money off of it.
Come on, man no need to be harsh. Just forwarding information. It just pisses me off how blatantly hypocritical our puppet government is.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I was thinking the same exact thing as I posted this, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Jesus these people are retarded. If only the would open just ONE eye, like almost half way, they would see that they could be making loads of tax dollars off of the sale of Marijuana. Enough that we might not be circling the toilet as a nation. Instead they go against the State LAWS and ruin this ladies crop and possibly put her LEGAL business in jeopardy. One step forward, two steps back always.

Well, yes and no. It's sort of a loose-loose situation for the feds. On the one hand we have the current prohibition, and only certain folks are allowed to grow it, under certain circumstances. On the other hand if they ended prohibition.....well lemme put it this way, how much revenue via taxes or otherwise do you honestly think anyone would make?

Would you really go to the store and pay $20, $10, or even $5 for a pack of blunts when you could grow it yourself for pennies on the dollar? The stuff practically grows itself with no intervention!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I think perhaps you should open one eye and really look at what is going on. I'm quite certain the federal government is already making billions off importing these illegal drugs themselves and this is just squashing a possible competitor as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

Would you really go to the store and pay $20, $10, or even $5 for a pack of blunts when you could grow it yourself for pennies on the dollar? The stuff practically grows itself with no intervention!

I certainly would. No problem at all. People pay other people to do all kinds of dumb stuff. (mow lawns, wash cars, grow fruit, grow veggies,.. the list is endless) why would you think that this would be any different?

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

They are dealing mary jane now??? I didn't know that. I thought they only stuck to the hard drugs.

MOTF!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If they let Pot grow they have to let Hemp grow.
Also states rights - can't have that...
if Hemp was legal the fascsts would be put out of business.
If the states had rights the fascists would be out of business

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Thats great, too bad they took her comp would love to her blog about.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Your tax dollars at work folks!!!

Isn't it enough to make you want to scream sometimes??

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well they need to file a police report of home invasion burglary theft etc. Obviously the local sheriff doe snot intend to enforce the law so you're a sitting duck. Anyone who lives in a county that passes a law like this should ask the sheriff if they will enforce the law. if not don't waste your time and money.

They could also sue the Sherrifs office for damages Since they took their money knowing full well the DEA was going to break the law.

The other option is to treat them like any other criminal stealing your property!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join