It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter - Proof Evolution Does Not Exist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I can't wait to meet some imbecile who tries to tell me that peanut butter proves evolution does not exist! Do people like this really walk among us? It's like we're living in Medieval Times or something. Regardless of this guys nonsense counterargument against evolution, does he not realize that peanut butter comes from a form of life already? I don't recall any theory saying that life came to be because some other form of life was ground up into a yummy paste, jarred, put on a shelf and when someone opened it LOW AND BEHOLD there was completely new form of life never before seen crawling around in it.

Also, we'll say for the sake of this guys ludicrous argument that he's right about the peanut butter. It in no way proves evolution does not exist! The Theory of Evolution aims to show how life started as one form and evolved into another in order to adapt to the environment. It DOES NOT claim to know how life started.

I can't stop thinking about how retarded these people are!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OMG how stooooopid that guy must be. This guy obviously never attended any real school. First law of thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, any retard with 1/2 a brain knows, at first there was nothing and then billions and billions of years latter we had the internet.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

What this guy is doing, is what normally happens when ones mind set views are challenged. It happens in everyday life. It happens in both religion and science apart and together. The difference between the two, is science uses methods that one can see, to prove their point, religion uses a book of words written for people, at a time when there was very little education, so it was written in a way the masses would be able to comprehend it, sometimes with an adage to make them use their mind to figure it out.

This is the problem with those who are religious fundamentalists, they take everything from the book literally without using their mind to figure out the adages, and when they do try to figure them out, it is done with very little, if any logic. They also are so set in their thinking, that they go overboard with the proof they want others to buy. The peanut butter thing, being a good example.

But I look at it in this light. Sometimes people are not ready to accept reality, and when they are ready, they will, but until that time, allow them to use what works for them, to get them through their life, as long as it doesn`t hurt anyone else.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Can anyone explain why more and more people are now allergic to peanuts?

Does that mean we are evolving or the peanut?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join