It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter - Proof Evolution Does Not Exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So here is a new one by the Fundamentalist Christians. To me it is another example of vague and "reaching" attempts to justify one's belief or shun someone else's belief or lack thereof.

www.disinfo.com...

According to the gentleman interviewed, "any theory on the origin of life on Earth or any other planet for that matter, is a fairy tale."

Such claims have to be able to stand there own logic too, so it becomes a leap of faith either way no?

"The entire food industry depends on the "fact" that evolution does not happen."

Has anyone examined a million year old jar of peanut butter to verify this?

Curious to know what you guys think of this....aside from the obvious fallacies.
Peace

EDIT TO ADD: Mods, this may go in religious conspiracies? Not sure...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
All resting on at least two assumptions:

1) A definitive boundary exists between "non-life" and "life".

2) Peanut butter is a medium likely to create life, assuming "life" comes from "non-life".

Well, if you want some salt-of-the-earth home-schooling curriculum, there ya go!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Cute...

But hardly the kind of "hard hitting evidence" needed to topple the scientific community on this subject.

Kinda sad that this guy is so old and proper looking, but is coming forward with such a juvenile (and overly irrational) defense for what he believes in.

So many holes in this idea that you have to wonder how "dumb" do they expect us to be to jump in and support his argument.

Makes you wonder who his intended target audience is.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
WOW!!! That is reaching. I would hope that at the rate that christian s are converting, that they have something better than peanut butter.

Look I have nothing against religion, (maybe organized), but not against those who have faith. Now if every religion just found a jar of something and based LIFE and how it came into play by that, that seems to me to be a cry for help.

If a scientist, or even an atheist was to use a peanut butter theory for their argument they would be laughed at, but if some one says.. WHAT! Did he just say that, to a christian, well then thats someone hating on religion.

Next someones going to say that Heaven exists but because no one has built a ladder big enough to go there were never going to know, even if we have satellites and shuttles that go to space, a ladder is less bias, so space shuttles shouldn't count.

I wonder what type of person they are trying to reach with this message. I would assume that the scary picture with the ant in it, would be better for a kindergarten crowd.

BTW are they actually claiming that if the theory of evolution was correct we would have on occasion open a jar of peanut butter and their would be a peanut butter monster in it? WOW!!!

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hmmm

I guess this is fitting then?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Touche'!!
Thanks for the laugh!
Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am a Christian who thinks this guy Chuck is a loony. He misses the point that for something to evolve it takes not 100 but millions of years. I have never heard science claim lightning can create new life.. perhaps someone can point me to a source on that.

I believe in God and Adam and Eve, but not as literally as the bible plainly says it. I believe there were some facts lost in the verbal histories before the story was written down.. it was verbal for thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of years before it was written down.

I also believe in evolution.. but I do not buy this muck that humans came from apes. I see no proof of this just a lot of theory, speculation and conjecture. I do believe we have evidence of certain forms of life having evolved through necessity. It could have been from needing a new food source or climate change or both.

I do not see where science's and religions ideas have to conflict.. for me it is simple.. God created the mechanism that set things in motion for this universe to come into being and his intelligent design encoded into DNA causes life to evolve.. A perfect marriage of both worlds that is more plausible or believable than either on it's own.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
According to the gentleman interviewed, "any theory on the origin of life on Earth or any other planet for that matter, is a fairy tale."

it is difficult to measure whether my iq went up or down after spending that time watching that video.

is this guy suggesting we are nothing but god's fairy tales?

as for the peanut butter, not sure why he left this part out, but i don't think the peanut butter is getting electricuted. maybe if we taze the peanut butter....

maybe if we taze the peanut butter while he is holding the jar???

Such claims have to be able to stand there own logic too, so it becomes a leap of faith either way no?

"The entire food industry depends on the "fact" that evolution does not happen."

Has anyone examined a million year old jar of peanut butter to verify this?

Curious to know what you guys think of this....
Peace

what do i think of this?

i must answer a question with a question, sorry...

Which came first?
A) Peanut Butter
b) God
c) All of the above
d) None of the above

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't believe Humans came from Apes either. But I do believe Humans and Apes came from a common ancestor. Big difference from saying we just came from apes.

You're telling me you can't see any resemblance between a human and something like a chimp?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Which came first?
A) Peanut Butter
b) God
c) All of the above
d) None of the above

Meaningless when there's no time and yet, all time and all things are one. We are all, in some way, peanut butter experiencing itself as human.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judohawk
I don't believe Humans came from Apes either. But I do believe Humans and Apes came from a common ancestor. Big difference from saying we just came from apes.

You're telling me you can't see any resemblance between a human and something like a chimp?

No, I made no mention of not seeing a resemblance in humans and apes.. of course I do.. I also see resemblances in lots of other things.

Take trees. There are tons of trees that look very much like other trees. Yet to say they all came from one common tree or share a common tree ancestor is silly just on the basis of strong resemblance.

I edited my above post.. perhaps that may explain my view better.

Look at this neat idea: If the common ancestry thing is true.. lets say we can trace everything back to a common ancestor..then.. what would we have then.. possibly.. God?

I believe science and religion should not be on opposite sides of the fence.. they should work together because I think intelligent design and evolution is inexplicably woven together.

I should get a Nobel Prize for that one

[edit on 14-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

God created the mechanism that set things in motion for this universe to come into being and his intelligent design encoded into DNA causes life to evolve.. A perfect marriage of both worlds

I like this. While I personally believe "God" is more like the Native Americans "spirit that moves in all things," I agree with you in some sense. The "creator" is what it is and evolution is the mechanism, as you say.
Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Son of a ...

can anyone spare a jar of peanut butter?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Most people are "irrational". Take into account the possibility of multiple time lines, multiple outcomes, and the fact that everything is not only multivariate, but infinitely probabilistic.

Basically what im trying to say is, some guy that has head strong beliefs as to a "higher" power is not "right" nor are the uber empirical "rationalists" that say that God is not real.

To be quite honest, which in itself is somewhat of a fallacy, we don't know shiet. So...we know everything! Or do we...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Btw, Esoteric Teacher, check this out in regards to your avatar pic:
static.guim.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
WOW, talk about putting MENTAL into fundamentalist.

That's the worst straw man argument I've ever heard.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex Plures-Unus

yep, they look like a couple of primates, too.

thanks,
et

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

www.disinfo.com...

uh hu.

tell me. how often do you see this jar of peanut butter?

please, continue

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My high school biology teacher completely botched it! I thought new life was started when asexual organisms grow then divide or when sperm meets egg. I didn't know that science taught us new life started when heat and energy combine.

No wonder fundamentalists say birth control does not work. Condoms stop sperm from meeting egg, they do not stop heat and energy!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
HAHAHA! This is the funnies thing ive seen today. Completely throw out the fact that peanut butter is already organic material made from a previously living being, and use a vague explanation of the evolutionist theory of the creation of life.

Funny thing is, creationism is based on belief without proof, whilst evolutionism is based on proof and evidence. Its like trying to fight bullets with walls of air.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join