It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Challenge to 2012 Believers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by jfj123

Actually the real date is Oct 28, 2011. But hey if it doesn't happen I won't be losing any sleep over it. I would just be ashamed that there would be no fireworks.

And when that date comes and goes what will the new date be? and when that date comes and goes what will the new, new date be? and when that date comes and goes what will the new, new, new date be? etc... ? etc... ? etc...?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
All of this 2012 stuff is garbage.

The evidence he wants are a picture or video verified independently of the deathstar, nibiru, or some other cataclysmic space object heading towards us. Evidence that a supervolcano is going to blow in the next 2 years. Real evidence. But this thread is waste because there is no evidence of a 2012 appocalypse.

SOme people are saying a "spiritual awakening". Why? Mankind appears to be regressing. I don't believe there is anything that owuld lead me to believe that mankind will undergo anything on december 21, 2012 other than typical prechristmas weather.

It boggles my mind that seemingly rational people can actually beleive this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
SOme people are saying a "spiritual awakening". Why? Mankind appears to be regressing. I don't believe there is anything that owuld lead me to believe that mankind will undergo anything on december 21, 2012 other than typical prechristmas weather.

It boggles my mind that seemingly rational people can actually beleive this nonsense.

I agree with you completely.
I believe why people are now saying "spiritual awakening" instead of trying to present fake evidence, is that they can continue their claims about 2012 but now don't require evidence to support their insane claims.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think what all the scientists think. "The Earth's wobble on it's axis will line up with the sun's wobble on it's axis which will line up with the galaxy's wobble on it's axis, an event that happens every 12,000 years. Those who are alive at this time will experience a rare astronomical event which could quit possibly bring sightings of meteors, odd constellations, and other oddities, all occurring on December 1st, 2012." I'm pretty sure this is enough evidence to discourage basically anyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
For starters, I can't really say that I believe that anything will happen on that doom date. However, one thing's for certain - people are curious and has that fascination with the unknown. Heck, ATS is about the unknown. People do love the entertainment value found in these sort of subjects.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I saw a spectacular sun dog yesterday. The local pool had an evening swim to a rock and roll band. It was a much more interesting sight than the silly second sun photos shown on ATS. If anyone is interested in atmospheric phenomena and their causes please check out this site.

Atmospheric Effects

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
In January of 2013, ATS will have a new forum on the board and it will say 2036 or something. The only thing that will change is the number. Write it down.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The information that makes me look at this thing seriously is information i believe some of you are overlooking. I mean most of you should know about the Denver airport right? The slogans of "all Mason's welcome here" the giant horse in front of the airport which eyes light up red at night. The underground bunkers that they admitt too.

Well when I realized Northcom which is in charge of the airspace of North AMerica Canada & Mexico was located in Colorado near this airport it stuck me as odd. This area being in the center of the country near the highest mountians in the United States.

There is writting on the floor of the airport that when translated spells out the name of a river.....a river located in Colorado, and when you search that location on google earth you notice they are stocking up hardcore with farmland and etc for growing crops. Throw in the seed vault that the Gates Foundation is apart of and this stuff starts to come together.

So I would look more at these types of patterns and stop putting this idea of 2012 up or putting it down. I do believe there is something to all of this. I mean hell even Tom Cruise is spending 10 million on a underground base on his Colorado property.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All the "scientific evidence" has been debunked time and time again. There is no proof that anything will happen in 2012. So called evidence for the pole shifts and the galactic alignment have all been addressed by astronomers and scientists and proven false, so everything that can be said about 2012 can also be debunked. At this point, i don't know what to think,

However, I will say this: I am fascinated by the subject because I never heard of so many different groups of people claiming that something big will happen on or around 2011-2015. You have the Mayan Council predicting a pole shift from now up until 2015, the new agers are predicting disclosure and enlightenment, some Christians are predicting the rapture or the start of tribulation (or some biblical event), the "researchers" warning about Planet x/ Nibiru, and other "researchers" warning about solar flares.

Maybe I'm a little rusty on my history but since when have so many different groups of people come together and waited for one date? So I for one am very curious as to what will happen. As one poster mentioned, governments seem to be preparing for something big, so I'm a little anxious to see what will happen.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Adillin2012]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adillin2012

Maybe I'm a little rusty on my history but since when have so many different groups of people come together and waited for one date?

Remember Y2K?

The thing with 2012 is that everyone wants in. Nibiru, galactic alignment, next level, end of the world, world enlightenment, disclosure. Round and round she goes where she stops nobody knows. DVDs, books, seminars, retreats, lectures. Step right up. Roll up for the Mystery Tour!

Ain't the internet great? Easy, easy money for nothing and chicks for free.

Just because it's such a great song:

[edit on 8/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Why is this a challenge? I mean you either believe it or you don't. Its EOW. There is nothing to debate. If its not EOW I think we all win.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Can you point me to this "mountains of evidence"
I would like to review this "mountains of evidence" you speak of.

Thank You.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ahh ok...I was a too young at the time to care about Y2K (only 10). I remember people being scared of their computers crashing and some alignment that was supposed to cause destruction, but i don't remember there being as many different theories as there is for 2012 . However, that's probably because I'm more aware of the theories surrounding 2012 then I was for Y2K. In 1999 I just brushed it off as being "stupid."

I do agree Phage...many just want to cash in. I should start writing a few books now...

[edit on 22-8-2010 by Adillin2012]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Hi i would like to know how you came to this date?

A link would be fine if you don't have the time.
Thank You.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
So, as I was reading the topic about Dr. Tyson today I was wondering why people do believe in a 2012 doomsday scenario. no other way than a huge event occurring on the predicted date.

Doomsday?

Right off the bat you are misinformed.

The truth is quite the opposite of doomsday.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
See what I mean?

"It's the end of the world."
"No it isn't. It's the opposite."

Whatever that means.

[edit on 8/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It means that uninformed people like to say that it is an "apocalypse" thing when in reality it is a natural progression.

You can keep saying that "nothing" is going to happen.

At this point that seems rather naive.

"Something" is certainly going to happen, but it's your choice whether it is positive or negative.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

You know what? I agree.
Something is always happening. All the time. Every instant.
Positive, negative; it depends on your point of view.

Don't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join