It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I work with illegal aliens!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I work with illegal aliens!

For the past few months I have been debating if I should post this thread or not.. I work in a kitchen, called Mugs-N-Jugs here in florida. I am looking for some advice, on how I should handle my issues here. This kitchen has 2 guys, who shouldn't even be in this country. I know 100% that both these guys are using false paper work, and getting plenty of hours. So many hours infact that I have to sit by the sidelines while they get to suck up all the hours in the kitchen.
They get these hours, as they work for pennies on the dollar, and will work overtime without overtime pay.

Yet deep in my heart I understand they have famlies, and mouths to feed. One of the guys just got 2 brand new tats of his kids on his forarms! They care for their famlies like anyone else in this world. They are people like you and me, and I feel damn gulity for even thinking about turning them in!
So I just go about my days, and I let this stuff slide. I just let it ride, as I know in my heart, they are good workers.. Granted I can not understand most of what they are saying half the time.

It turns out just last week, these guys get all my hours! I only end up with 15 hours a week, as these guys will work for next to nothing! So they get 40+ hours a week!! While I have to suffer, because I wont work for 5$ an hour, with NO overtime pay..

Should I call INS?? Or should I just suck it up, and go on with my job?

I am not happy with my main boss.. If I may share this with everyone here, he is the kind of guy who treats women like objects, and then men like servants.
I tried to speak with him last week, about some kitchen issues.. He told me straight out..

"Never talk to me directly!" "If you have something to say, you talk to the manager, YOU never address me personally!"
Like I am some kind of lowly dog, I am not on his level to speak with him directly..
I was lets say highly offeneded! And if it wasn't for the way things are around here, I would have told him off, and walked right out there and then.
But work is not easy to find.. So I had to suck it up, and take it. He knows this all to well, and he treats his workers like crap.. And he hires illegal workers to pick up the slack!

I for one am at the end of my rope.. I can not quit, or walk out on my job. First of all, I don't do that.. When I work, I work, and I bust my chops! And I bust my chops for peanuts!

Thanks for your advice in advance.. I would really like to know if I should turn them in.. Or just let it ride..
And if I do call INS, will they even do anything?
I mean I have PROOF they are using fake paper work, and should not be in this country.. Let alone work a fulltime job here..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

If anyone was to take it upon themselfs to turn in this company.. I wouldn't be mad at all.. Infact happy that I wouldn't have to directly report them.. But I am honestly thinking about it.. After what happen this week, and how I am treated.. I am honestly at the end of my rope!

This company hires mexicans to do cheap labor, and put its American workers on the sidelines.. And treat us like crap..
Mugs N Jugs on Ridge Road, In new port richy florida

I am just sick and tired of these illegals running around the kitchen like they own the joint.. Barking orders I can't understand, and thinking they are all high and mighty.. They get 40+ hours a week, and the rest of us get the left overs..

================================================

I am going to say something to my manager boss tommorow.. Tell him, look, I understand they have families, and I don't wish to be cold hearted at all! Hell, I help feed the local homeless people who eat out of our dumpsters! At the end of the night, the food I am told to throw away, I put into a container, and take it out to the homeless guys..
That way they don't have to break into our trash bins, and eat out of the trash..
I am a good guy.. its just I am getting screwed over all the time by these guys.. They take my hours, they work for less, and when they do work, they are good workers, but they disapear for like 20 mins at a time..
Poof just gone, then before I know it, they are back on the line.. I ask them where they went.. they just play it off.. No english.. blah blah..
Give me a break...
Advice would be greatly thanked!!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ty..I think the only thing that will happen is that you will lose your job to be replaced by another illegal.
I wish I could say otherwise..
Time to hit the pavement looking for something else.
You know I care about you very much as you have been a great friend to me over the years...I only hope the best for you.
Luv and light....
-AD

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks AD!! You are such a sweetheart!! And after my talk with my boss tonight, I think you are right.. Time to look for something else! He pretty much told me, if I turned them in.. I would be FIRED!!! What a load of crap.. I have a few other choice words, but I will save that for later...

What a crap place to work.. Where my voice is shut up, and I am replaced by cheap labor, and illegals can come here, take our jobs, and if I say anything I am in trouble...
Well I will move on anyway.. Maybe I can find a place that is not overrun by illegals!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
look elsewhere, unless there's fringe benefits.

i used to do construction work. had to learn enough spanish to deal with the crews. i had to learn spanish, no one told any of them to learn english.

screwy deal that.

i'd be very surprised if i.n.s.did anything.

good luck, mi amigo.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Advice would be greatly thanked!!

Depends on how far you want to take it. Pay attention to what happens after you bring your concerns to your boss. How are you then treated? If there is any indication of some sort of "retaliation" towards you (i.e. fewer hours, shift changes, etc.) then you may have a case to take to the EEOC. You may also consider contacting your state's BOLI (Bureau of Labor Industry) for further advice. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

At the end of the night, the food I am told to throw away, I put into a container, and take it out to the homeless guys..
That way they don't have to break into our trash bins, and eat out of the trash..

A little off topic, but you wouldn't believe how many places, dump bleach or some other type of chemical on the food they throw out, so the homeless/hungry can't eat it. It's disgusting, and a waste of perfectly good food...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks AD!! You are such a sweetheart!! And after my talk with my boss tonight, I think you are right.. Time to look for something else! He pretty much told me, if I turned them in.. I would be FIRED!!! What a load of crap.. I have a few other choice words, but I will save that for later...

What a crap place to work.. Where my voice is shut up, and I am replaced by cheap labor, and illegals can come here, take our jobs, and if I say anything I am in trouble...
Well I will move on anyway.. Maybe I can find a place that is not overrun by illegals!!!!

Ty, I know how resourceful you are...perhaps it's time to look in another city for work.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your replies!! Very helpful! Yeah I will just go about my days and I will be looking for something else closer to my home.

Ty, I know how resourceful you are...perhaps it's time to look in another city for work.

I really wish I could dear! I just don't have the funds right now to up and move! I will however try to find something a little closer to my house..
Mugs N Jugs is like a 20 min drive from my house!!

Turns out I might get fired anyway..
My boss told me he was very upset that I was giving homeless people food.. But I explained to him.. Its stuff we throw away anyway!! Whats it hurting to give these guys foood!

Hell these people are American citizens, and they are homeless!! While the illegals come here, and work...
Granted I have nothing personal Vs imigrants.. I know our whole country was founded by them..
I am an imigrant in some form or another, so I am not hating on them..
Its just very frustrating to see our own people living in the woods, while people who shouldnt even be here suck up all the work.
Yeah its crap work, but I know some of these homeless people would take any work they could get!!!

I even paided a homeless guy to break down some boxes for me.. I gave him 5$.. Granted he is one of the few I help..
I wont be helping the junkies, or the drunks... Or the lazy people who simply don't wanna work..
Some homeless just have been delt a crappy hand.. While others just want hand outs.. I have no will to help those types..
BUT... Those with mental issues.. family deaths.. I just have a BIG heart for them.. and Help them where I can..

And If I lose my job over it.. Well so be it.. I know in my heart I did the right thing!!!

Thanks again everyone for your 2 cents!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yeah the fringe benifits are A okay!! The chicks I work with are cool as hell and love to party!! wink** I went out on a date with one of the girls here, and we are just bedroom buddies at the moment!

So I guess that makes up for alot of the crap I have to deal with!!
So with that said.. Yeah.. The booty makes up for it..
Hehehe sorry ladies.. Its just me being an a typical guy...
I just can't help myself.. and its not like I throw myself at their feet.. She asked me out..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick_napalm
It's disgusting, and a waste of perfectly good food...

Yeah I can say its a true shame the amount of food that goes to waste in this place, and other kitchens I have worked in!!!

I would say the amount of food that is just thrown in the trash could feed like a full shelter full of people!!! No less than like 20 people could eat good from the food we just toss out!!!

I tried my best to get my boss to donate that food to the homeless shelters.. But he simply won't have it.. And I for the life of me, don't know why..??? All I want to do is help my fellow man..

And it seems the more I want to help, the more drama I get from others saying.. If you help them, they will expect it all the time!!

Well I guess I see that point.. But my point is we throw out sooo much food that it could very well feed a whole shelter each night... Yet this is getting off topic...

So I wont derail my own thread here... LOL.. But its important..
And you guys are right INS won't do a damn thing about this..

I called them, and they said.. There is nothing they can do.. They are soo backed up..
It just seems to me to be a big load of crap.. and total BS!

If I was to go to another country being a US citizen.. they would boot my but out in a matter of weeks!!!
This country is just backwards!!

And I really have nothing aginst imigrants!! Just do the proper things, and get your paper work in order, and do it legally!
Thats all I ask..

I welcome others from other countries.. I really do! I would take them in with open arms..
But screw us all over, and thats when I get mad, and upset.. It only hurts the good ones, who do everything right..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Duuuuuuuude, Why would you even mention to your boss the idea of you turning in the illegal immigrants ???

Thats just common sense man. I can see why your stuck at such a crap job, .... I'm kidding.

But seriously, them cutting back your hours might not have so much to do with them, ..... but with you.

Stop shooting yourself in the foot, and don't tell your bosses anything they don't need to know.

It's cool to help the homeless, .... but your doing it with THIER food, not yours, ..... they probably feel if people are getting food for free why would they pay for it. Alot of company's are like that, it's a stupid policy, but it is a business afterall.

.... lol, serioulsy, why would you say that to your boss man, you could have turned them in anonymously. Now your screwed.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Digging up an old thread here.. Since I am back online here.. Dude, your right, it was a bad idea to tell my boss anything. But live and learn! And now I have a job, that has a little bit more security and I am happy with it. I still help out the homeless where I can.

Ive grown so much as a person, since I wrote this thread.. I kind of cringed when I looked at the title of the thread.. I said to myself.. Oh man, I hope I did not say anything that made me look like some kind of tool..
Nah, was not to bad, but I have grown a lot! And found something I can do for work, that applies my skills in a manner that can not be usurped by those that have not gone thro the proper channels to gain citizen ship, or a work pass.

new topics

top topics

join