It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scientist Takes On Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

A Scientist Takes On Gravity

www.nytimes.com

“For me gravity doesn’t exist,” said Dr. Verlinde, who was recently in the United States to explain himself. Not that he can’t fall down, but Dr. Verlinde is among a number of physicists who say that science has been looking at gravity the wrong way and that there is something more basic, from which gravity “emerges,” the way stock markets emerge from the collective behavior of individual investors or that elasticity emerges from the mechanics of atoms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is Not a Theory paper, this is an article which talks about Dr. Verlinde's theory on gravity.

The theory is very interesting and when his paper is published, will make an interesting read. if he can prove his theory, we would have to re-think our take on the universe and is might be possible to look at anti-gravity and the universe with a fresh new perspective.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
someone already posted this..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Already posted..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Already posted..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~Keeper

Read the T's & C's, this is posted in th Breaking Alternative News category and the other is posted in the Science and Technology category. The same topic may be posted in different categories.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Very interesting. I cant wait to see his paper when it is made available.
First time, now gravity, lol, we are not going to have many assumptions left standing at the rate this is going.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapacity

Two Categories, no more.

And to address this topic, this is an interesting concept, but I too don't quite grasp the reasons why this is such a revelation. Nothing changes for us as people. We can still calculate our orbits to precision. We can still know how much force to apply to a baseball to get it to go a desired distance, and how to get it to curve to miss a bat. Nothing new in that regard.

For me, this seems to be nothing more than one man's idea of how to view gravity differently.

TheBorg

top topics

join