It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

BP CEO Tony Hayward told a House hearing on “The Role Of BP In The Deepwater Horizon Explosion And Oil Spill”, on Thursday that oil from the leak could flow for up to four more years.

Oil could flow for four more years, admits BP CEO Tony Hayward

BP Oil Spill Could Gush For 2-4 Years !!! Unless Stopped

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Watching the feeds in the early evening here in Australia, its spewing out the worst i have ever seen. this could lead to 2 conclusions, both not so good.

Firstly that BP could be slowly closing the valve, if this is true and the pipe is compromised beneath the ocean floor with pressure this great as can be clearly seen, not just the gulf of Mexico, but other oceans are basically screwed as this will spread. With multiple exit points the only option would be nuclear (BP themselves have even admitted cracking in the sea floor), I have been watching the Rov's on and off from the start and this is the largest most intense flow i have seen yet, the only hope would be the 2 alternative drilling points hitting below where the pipe is compromised, don't be fooled, this isn't to cap the flow, but to continue oil extraction at twice the rate (twice the profits), i for one would support this theory.

The second conclusion although a little more far fetched but plausible is a collapse of the area around the pipe, or a compromise of the actual pipe itself i have noticed they are showing the flow, but not the flow coming from the cap, this could be a secondary flow from a secondary source or a compromise somewhere along the pipe or cap , if indeed the cap is closed as has been stated earlier in the thread. This conclusion is pretty far fetched so don't take it to seriously but it is plausible.

Then again there's always the nuclear option, god forbid.

Or we could believe the "Mainstream News" and this could all be over yesterday. we have had mainstream news sources here in Australia saying it was capped three days ago!! LOL!!

This is not a theory with sources, just an opinion, so don't take it as gospel, just some food for thought as we wait with fingers crossed.

All the best to all countries affected by this in the gulf, from Australia, the whole world wishes you the best in this dire situation.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRLT74
reply to post by chriskilla

Check out this link before any assumptions are made that this "leak" has been fixed. Honestly, it looks worse than ever; CNN of course shows a peaceful scene.

Skandi ROV 1

www.bp.com...

how come i can go forwards and backwards on a live stream?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hey folks just want to reiterate (& remind) that there is a multiple rover observation page available..

Multiple Rover observation page

It's great to see them working in tandem and to see the different views..

Johnny

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRLT74
reply to post by Greyling2012

Thanks so much for the multiple view. Now it is very clear. Instead of oil flowing out of the original "main" area which has been capped, it is now shooting up from somewhere on the side.

It seems that the oil is going to find its way out somewhere everytime a plug is done because there is so much pressure there. I really hope they know what they are doing!

No prob.
Yeah, I think it may just look like more coming out now because the valve that's open is perhaps smaller that the previous gusher. Or, perhaps when they clamped things down, it freed some of the crap stuck in the bore (Halliburton cement? Broken drill pipes?) and now it really is gushing more PSI. I'm sure that would be good for BP's stock. :/

-Greyling

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The gushing seems to be intensifying

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chriskilla
So now that it is stopped, what is the next crap threads to start? I mean , some made a thread about lava spewing up or other #ty conspiracy threads. Its like a trend with every scary news to start making up and twisting and turning the news to false claims and conspiracys. Stop publish so many troll threads ATS.. ( not this threaD )

I´m getting a preminition...it´s...you...eating a whole lot of...hats!

As for the leak stopping; nice try but it's about that time to wake up and smell the coffee

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
im not sure how to use quotes but :

"In addition, tsunamis of 20 to 80 feet could inundate the Gulf of Mexico coast when enough oil has flowed out of the reservoir to normalize the pressure. At that point, it is believed, sea water will be sucked in to the cavity by the ocean pressure. The water will evaporate to steam at the temperatures of 400 degrees centigrade, which are found in the deep sea rock. The steam will expand in volume and could generate enough pressure to blow the Gulf of Mexico sea bed apart, tiggering gigantic tsumani waves that could reach up to 200 miles inland."

Is this really an option ?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNzeNz

Wheres the source buddy and what is it refering to

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNzeNz

heres something similar or worse. but sorry i did not save the link.

According to experts, ‘this catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico is a million times more serious than most can imagine. It has the potential to finish off what’s left of the economy in the US.’ Magrath, Alaska just had a price increase of over $3.00 a gallon. It is expected to go up to $10.00 per gallon. We are seeing a major historical and economic event taking place that could change the world as we have known it.

To understand the gravity of the situation, let us see what occurring amongst the depths of the ocean. As the rig sank, it flipped over and landed on top of the drill hole some 5,000 feet below. This resulted in a hole in the ocean floor, with a wrecked rig resting upon it spewing 200,000 barrels of oil (some believe it’s three times more) a day into the ocean. Rescuers must try to remove the oil rig off the hole in order to cap it. That operation alone would probably take months and hundreds of millions of dollars to accomplish. Some experts believe, the only piece of human technology that might address this is a nuclear bomb. They insinuate nothing short of that will work.

To make the situation worse, some believe that there might be more than one leak. Matt Simmons, an energy adviser to former president George W. Bush, recently went on national television and claimed that “there’s another leak, much bigger, 5 to 6 miles away”. According to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Emergency Response document dated April 28th, “Two additional release points were found today in the tangled riser. If they fail to cap the holes, the leak will destroy the oceans of the world.” With each passing day, some of the most unique wildlife habitats of the world are being obliterated, entire species are being threatened with extinction and scientists inform us that the Gulf of Mexico will never be the same again during any of our lifetimes. The uncontrolled leak has the ability to destroy all life in the oceans of this planet, not to forget that oceans also maintain suitable oxygen levels in the atmosphere for human life.

Here is what happens when oil hits salt water. Some of it dissolves, some evaporates and some floats onto the shoreline and embeds about 18 inches deep in the sand causing toxic effects on tiny creatures beneath the surface for about 10 years. The remaining heavy fraction begins to sink and settles over the seabed in about 6 weeks. This is the effect of oil leakages from the surface. Nobody is aware of the effects of the leakage thousands of feet below the surface as in the Gulf of Mexico. The professionals believe that the leaked oil comes up with what they term ‘fractioning’. They state that due to this, far more ecological damage can be caused than a surface spill of a similar size.

The problem does not stop here. It is feared that the leak may remove two cubic miles of oil from the deposit resulting in the collapse of the sea floor. This may cause the escape of methane gas. According to worried geologists, the first signs that the methane may burst its way through the bottom of the ocean would be fissures or cracks appearing on the ocean floor near the damaged well head. Evidence of visible fissures on the seabed has been captured by robotic submersibles working to repair the ruptured well. It is noted that immediately following the rupture, the borehole pipe’s casing blew away exposing a straight line 8 miles deep for the pressurized methane gas to escape causing a supersonic explosion completely annihilating the drilling platform. In support this finding, scientists have found concentrations of methane up to 10,000 times more than normal levels in Gulf waters.

Whichever way one looks at it, we could be heading towards a disaster of the highest magnitude not seen in recent millennia. One expert described it in a befitting manner. He admits that it is unlikely to happen but one should keep it in the realm of possibilities. According to him, with emerging evidence of fissures, the quiet fear now is the methane bubble rupturing the seabed and exploding into the Gulf waters. If this occurs, every ship, drilling rig and structure within the region of the bubble will instantaneously sink. All the workers, engineers, coast guard personnel and marine biologists measuring the oil plumes’ advance will instantaneously perish. It will erupt with an explosive fury surging the gas upwards through miles of ancient sedimentary rock—layer after layer—past the oil reservoir. It will gush upwards propelled by 50 tons psi, burst through the cracks and fissures of the compromised seafloor, and rupture miles of ocean bottom with one titanic explosion.

The burgeoning methane gas cloud will surface, killing everything it touches, and set off a supersonic tsunami with the wave travelling somewhere between 400 to 600 miles per hour. While the entire Gulf coastline is vulnerable, the state most exposed to the fury of a supersonic wave towering 150 to 200 feet or more is Florida. The Sunshine State only averages about 100 feet above sea level with much of the coastline, lowlands and swamps near zero elevation. A supersonic tsunami would literally sweep away everything from Miami to the panhandle in a matter of hours. Loss of human life would be virtually instantaneous and measured in the millions. Of course the states of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and southern region of Georgia—a state with no Gulf coastline—would also experience tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of casualties. Loss of property is virtually incalculable and the days of the US position as the world’s superpower would be gone in a flash due to the detonating methane.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
http://(nolink)/bp-live-oil-spill-cam.html

check this link for the many BP Live Feeds available online. hope it helps.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
reply to post by NoNzeNz

Wheres the source buddy and what is it refering to

sorry, but i got the quote from your 1st source, u posted 2 links at the start of this page.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
We KNOW they can't be trusted. We KNOW they lie and deceive. We KNOW they plant stories in the MSM and sensationalise them to distract people - get them to look the other way when they are up to no good, keep them in a state of suspense to better grind them down and manipulate them.

We know they have people on ATS to fuel such things.

My feeling is to wait and see - and keep my eyes firmly on what else they are up to, try and see what they don't want us to see.

My question: What could they be wanting to distract attention FROM?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNzeNz

DOH! yes you did

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

here's a link to what i posted and may help, although it has been posted on another thread before.

www.helium.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
reply to post by NoNzeNz

heres something similar or worse. but sorry i did not save the link.

To understand the gravity of the situation, let us see what occurring amongst the depths of the ocean. As the rig sank, it flipped over and landed on top of the drill hole some 5,000 feet below. This resulted in a hole in the ocean floor, with a wrecked rig resting upon it spewing 200,000 barrels of oil (some believe it’s three times more) a day into the ocean. Rescuers must try to remove the oil rig off the hole in order to cap it. That operation alone would probably take months and hundreds of millions of dollars to accomplish. Some experts believe, the only piece of human technology that might address this is a nuclear bomb. They insinuate nothing short of that will work.

This couldn't be any further from the truth, and therefore renders the rest of the post obsolete.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
As the weeks go by I am beginning to witness apathy amongst many people in my area. When all of this first broke, no one said much at all. By the second month, most people seemed enraged. Now, it's back to business as usual.

Went to town yesterday and saw people filling up at stations BP supplies to. No one cares. The paper has not reported on this for days.

This is what TPTB are counting on. Apathy. With the new ipad, iphone, and new summer programs airing on ABC, who cares about the oil.

God, I hate to say this, but I don't think people would care unless the gas started spiking at unbelievable prices. Then, and only then will someone get really angry. This would be the only thing waking them up out of their comas.

My husband works in a company with hundreds of people each day, and he has stated that the level of apathy there is through the roof.

Everyone wants this to go away. Most people just want to stop talking about it or hearing about it. They believe that this isn't THAT big of a deal, and that eventually life will just get back to normal and we all will be okay.

This is going to change everything..... and I worry about the future of our children while the people of this nation sit back and let big brother handle everything for them.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

seconded!

however, quoting my own quote of a quote lol :

Originally posted by NoNzeNz
im not sure how to use quotes but :

"In addition, tsunamis of 20 to 80 feet could inundate the Gulf of Mexico coast when enough oil has flowed out of the reservoir to normalize the pressure. At that point, it is believed, sea water will be sucked in to the cavity by the ocean pressure. The water will evaporate to steam at the temperatures of 400 degrees centigrade, which are found in the deep sea rock. The steam will expand in volume and could generate enough pressure to blow the Gulf of Mexico sea bed apart, tiggering gigantic tsumani waves that could reach up to 200 miles inland."

Is this really an option ?

this sounds logical and real, oil comes out, empty space, waters goes in, big heat, vapor, pressure, explosion

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The world reserve bank wants to elimante most of the population of the world using a nuke to fix the Gulf Oil Leak.is part of the agenda of the WTO.

It's a conspiracy within a conspiracy

They have made a prophecy, an engineered prophecy come into reality
The gulf is ground zero all over again, the WTO wants to restart the worlds population again with only the worlds elite Why else go to the trouble of building survival bunkers

You can not run over to the worlds biggest bomb with a flare gun and lite the fuse, You need permission accptance

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
As the weeks go by I am beginning to witness apathy amongst many people in my area. When all of this first broke, no one said much at all. By the second month, most people seemed enraged. Now, it's back to business as usual.

Went to town yesterday and saw people filling up at stations BP supplies to. No one cares. The paper has not reported on this for days.

This is what TPTB are counting on. Apathy. With the new ipad, iphone, and new summer programs airing on ABC, who cares about the oil.

God, I hate to say this, but I don't think people would care unless the gas started spiking at unbelievable prices. Then, and only then will someone get really angry. This would be the only thing waking them up out of their comas.

My husband works in a company with hundreds of people each day, and he has stated that the level of apathy there is through the roof.

Everyone wants this to go away. Most people just want to stop talking about it or hearing about it. They believe that this isn't THAT big of a deal, and that eventually life will just get back to normal and we all will be okay.

This is going to change everything..... and I worry about the future of our children while the people of this nation sit back and let big brother handle everything for them.

I must agree that people are being lulled back into apathy by the length of time this is going on. I just happen to be speaking with my Apt. Manager yesterday and I was saying that it appears that some effects from the GOM has created some toxic rain issues here in Dallas. Her eyes glazed over and she began to look at me like I was talking in Latin (Which I studied for 6 years).

Most of my other friends and family outside of the 5 Gulf states are back to Biz as usual and have no clue about whats really happening, even though I send them important info. I feel like I'm in the Twlight Zone!!! Sad.

Thank God for ATS and all of us who stay engaged on this issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join