It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I'm going to bed, but i'll be back tomorrow bright and early to keep you guys constantly updated on this oil spill, make sure you come back tomorrow everyone hopefully we'll have even more members on this thread and like I said before i'll keep you guys constantly updated.

peace

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I am a night owl, doing work real late. I think others will continue to watch and post as much as they can. Hopefully by the time you wake, there will be some good (lonterm?) news.

Get rest, sleep well and cross yer fingers.
Many of us will be doing the same
S&F

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Qhhhh The Humanity of it all!!!!!

Why the damn dispersant ? Why? Why? Why?!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So now that it is stopped, what is the next crap threads to start? I mean , some made a thread about lava spewing up or other #ty conspiracy threads. Its like a trend with every scary news to start making up and twisting and turning the news to false claims and conspiracys. Stop publish so many troll threads ATS.. ( not this threaD )

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It seems the well leaks like a six fingered man in a swordfight.
2nd line reserved for a witty comment.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chriskilla
So now that it is stopped, what is the next crap threads to start? I mean , some made a thread about lava spewing up or other #ty conspiracy threads. Its like a trend with every scary news to start making up and twisting and turning the news to false claims and conspiracys.

Uh, it's a conspiracy theory website. Expecting something like this leak to not attract a number of conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theory website is kind of like being surprised to see ESPN covering the Super Bowl.

I'm glad that it finally appears to be that BP managed to do something right. Only time will tell whether this fix will turn into another word that starts with 'f', FUBAR. Meanwhile, we've got a large body of salt water that has been turned into a toxic soup of oil, methane, deadly dispersants, and ever decreasing oxygen. BP has managed to lock the barn door after the horses have been stolen... Bravo BP, Bravo.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chriskilla

Check out this link before any assumptions are made that this "leak" has been fixed. Honestly, it looks worse than ever; CNN of course shows a peaceful scene.

Skandi ROV 1

www.bp.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TRLT74

what is that?....it looks like its coming out even more powerfully than ever before...and thats not oil is it?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRLT74
reply to post by chriskilla

Check out this link before any assumptions are made that this "leak" has been fixed. Honestly, it looks worse than ever; CNN of course shows a peaceful scene.

Skandi ROV 1

www.bp.com...

What is going on? The link you gave from the BP rover shows a storm of crud spewing out and the CNN link shows rainbows made of gumdrops and unicorns grazing????

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'm watching the Skandi ROV1 and the plume looks bigger than it has for quite some time now. It seems to be spewing from a different place so i guess the cap has stopped the leak we've been watching for the last few weeks but there's certainly a hell of a lot being released from elsewhere.

And as others have mentioned, the way the plume is shaking the dispersant arm, there must be pretty significant pressure in that leak.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is a part of their "testing" but it is just about 5 AM EST and most people are sleeping and not seeing these new images. I have saved some screen shots to compare for later in the day. It is flowing, unabated and just "exploding" out; also it seems the current is very strong there now but I just don't know if this is what they want or need to do.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by TRLT74]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I clicked on this thread with high hopes that the leak had actually been fixed, but right now I'm watching the live feed and it looks pretty bad

In fact, this is the worse I've seen it gush out.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
In case anyone missed it on the main "spill" thread, here's the multi-feed page I threw together for 24"+ monitors.

Grab some oily popcorn and watch the BP show. (might be funny if this wasn't such an environmental tragedy)

BP Gulf Of Mexico Oil Spill Disaster Live ROV Feeds

-Greyling

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by chriskilla
So now that it is stopped, what is the next crap threads to start? I mean , some made a thread about lava spewing up or other #ty conspiracy threads. Its like a trend with every scary news to start making up and twisting and turning the news to false claims and conspiracys.

Uh, it's a conspiracy theory website. Expecting something like this leak to not attract a number of conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theory website is kind of like being surprised to see ESPN covering the Super Bowl.

Amen.
I found some potatoes in my garden where I had planted potato plants, it kinda freaked me out.

There's something really ominous about "Well Integrity Test", in retrospect it bothers me that they tried to cap it a few times long before any integrity test.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Here's a couple of screenshots of the erupting flow. What these don't convey is the pulsing nature of what i'm seeing on the feed.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by G_man]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Really...after so many animals dead! After so many people sick, and after they had created a natural horrid holocaust that can go on and on, continously affecting life in many ways for years to go , even with the spill stoped... now they can close what they want, i dont care anymore!
The problem still is "out there" , running like a wild horse, and it is too late to do whatever!
So if now, and just now, they start to close it...they'r agenda must be fulfilled already ....

[edit on 15/7/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Greyling2012

Thanks so much for the multiple view. Now it is very clear. Instead of oil flowing out of the original "main" area which has been capped, it is now shooting up from somewhere on the side.

It seems that the oil is going to find its way out somewhere everytime a plug is done because there is so much pressure there. I really hope they know what they are doing!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

Be a little optimistic. Even though damage has been done that doesn't mean that they shouldn't bother to stop it. They have to, otherwise it will get worst and worst and will leak until god knows when. Maybe to a point which could render all of our oceans "black" killing everything.

Fingers crossed here!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I had a quick scan through this thread but could see anything about this:

On BBC news last night the white house have asked BP to not put the new cap on yet...due to pressure issues - so now there's been no cap at all for a while now? the relief well have also been halted- due to well pressure?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Leak in equipment delays BP's efforts to stop massive oil gusher

Not good news. Gonna be a week or more I bet with this one. If they have to bring the cap up to fix..
well that would not be a good thing

b

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join