It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well things look somewhat calmer,

do we know what the pressure is though are they updating that somewhere? ARGGGG we really do need someone who is not involved or paid by BP monitoring everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
well things look somewhat calmer,

do we know what the pressure is though are they updating that somewhere? ARGGGG we really do need someone who is not involved or paid by BP monitoring everything.

At the moment, there are no live feeds of the pressure gauges. So the only thing we can rely on is BP telling us...but unless I see it for myself, I will take what they say with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The HOS Super H ROV 2 at the center, bottom of this page is surveying the ocean floor. It was following a gash or something a minute ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I saw that as well, seafloor looks like the surface of Mars now, not the flat rolling sand we saw before. If anyone saw the white rocks littering the bottom, is it possible its frozen methane hydrate? I saw it on television once and it looks just like that. Thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moriarty

I saw that as well, seafloor looks like the surface of Mars now, not the flat rolling sand we saw before. If anyone saw the white rocks littering the bottom, is it possible its frozen methane hydrate? I saw it on television once and it looks just like that. Thanks

Well funny though...as we discussed this, the feed went dead...I totally didn't grab a screen shot though. Hopefully it will be back.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Deep Boa C now showing over 1300 psi on the bop valve........

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
Deep Boa C now showing over 1300 psi on the bop valve........

All these gauges are at ZERO except for one...and that one (the bottom gauge) is barely halfway to the top of the reading. If that is 1,300 (give or take a few hundred-ish) PSI then we are missing about 7,700 PSI or more. If these are the right gauges (probably not but lets assume for a minute that they are), then there is a leak somewhere still...or the cap is not working.

EDIT: Another thread said this could be where the ROVs 'plug' in and since none, except for one it seems is plugged in, all gauges are at zero...Possible.

The same ROV occasionally also shows 'puffs' of oil from time to time. And it avoids the puffs by turning the camera, or the ROV turns around or shuts the lights off as quick as possible.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

[edit on 16-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well the BOA DEEP C 2 settled for a minute and these black bubbles started to come from the sea floor. This is not dust, or plowing...these black dots are oil. I am not good with "making" gifs, so here is my fancy artwork.

They are not big bubbles...but look about pea to dime sized.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I have been noticing these globs rising up from the floor also....my first thought was that it was oil. Good catch.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
of course. the bp/exxon deal has been ok'd. and our attention has been taken away from enough things. now... the miraculous fix

we knew it was coming when the deal was ok'd. you ppl are silly

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
we can hope for the best, fingers crossed but what are the chances of after the containment, the seafloor breaking up because of the pressure backlog it will create?

i hope this thing comes to an end soon...tragic.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exalted321
reply to post by Realtruth

i was just watching the live feeds you linked and i saw the floor erupt in one of them in like 4 different spots like spouts looks bad!
I saw this last night and it scared the hell out of me! There were a lot of bubbles coming from the seabed, followed by a huge white plume (looked like a cloud) that came straight from the bottom.After it dissipated, there were more bubbles, then it stopped. Did you see this big one? It was on rov 1

[edit on 16-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The bubbles I saw before the big white plume were clear and kind of shiny like soap bubbles.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Not real sure here,but what is the BOA Deep C ROV1 looking at. It seems to only be under 1500 ft and there was just a large cloud of something that came up. It can't be the sea floor it is not deep enough.
This is exactly what I was referring to....what was it?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
Not real sure here,but what is the BOA Deep C ROV1 looking at. It seems to only be under 1500 ft and there was just a large cloud of something that came up. It can't be the sea floor it is not deep enough.
This is like what I was talking about, except what I saw came from the floor and it had some force to it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

thanks for the pics I didnt see the sea floor blobs but I saw the ROV turning every time a cloud of dirty oil would appear. they were very random.

I think there is a good chance its leaking from the sea bed I have been around soil my whole life working with geologists and learning everything I could through observation which is what geology is mostly. anyway I have seen straight lines occur like this when large amounts of soil drop into voids usually left by water in certain types of soil. so these fractures in straight lines are possible.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

If there where cracks , there would be zero pressure , on the valve....there is pressure ergo there are no cracks....so far...the very small blobs are perhaps oils which has been trapped under upturned parts of tube , bop or whatever , staying pooled untill turned so it can escape ..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
what valve do you mean reading from a gauge? they aren't showing the pressure readings and they come in every 16 seconds or so. not from a gauge.?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

they are on the master pressure panel , labelled psi , anologue gauges , at 0720 am gmt registered 1400 psi at each valve deep boa c was wiping the glass guages with a cloth to enable a clear view ....

edit to add gmt

[edit on 16-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by -W1LL

they are on the master pressure panel , labelled psi , anologue gauges , at 0720 am gmt registered 1400 psi at each valve deep boa c was wiping the glass guages with a cloth to enable a clear view ....

edit to add gmt

[edit on 16-7-2010 by gambon]

Hmmm, according to CNN those are hydraulic pressure gauges have nothing to do with pressure from oil below. that they are testing remotely and getting in 16sec intervals.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join