It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
one rover is off that had the oil but this one looks real murky still.

www.bp.com...

That one has been lifted out of the water. It is on a boat at the moment.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Sure hope it doesn't damage the riser.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ok...I think this rover: Live feeds from Boa Deep C – ROV 2 Rose up from the floor and tried to speed off and ran straight into a plume. It seemed to be driving blind for a minute before it finally settled to the floor again.

Also if you watch you can see bubbles of oil floating up...as if they just bubbled out of something and didn't have time to glob into one piece...maybe its a delay in the video feed by a second or less I don't know...but looks to me like an oil storm down there.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Oh boy and while the media is slapping eachothers backs with BP Highfives, they neglected to mention this cyclone?

Ok, as they usually know way ahead of time when there is the possibility of a cyclone coming, that and HAARP being turned on the other day in the region, is this how they cover for what they are about to do?

It will help the big insurance agencies out of it as it will have been from an act of GOd...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

And we are supposed to believe BP?

Also why are they doing the clean up and not professional outside sources? They should be in prison.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When the oil storm cleared from Live feeds from Boa Deep C – ROV 2 this appeared in front of the ROV...it appears to be a crack...???

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Nice find dude, I think #'s gonna hit the fan soon.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hopefully it doesnt back fire on them making it 100 times worse. Happy that it finally got fixed but it shouldn't of happened in the first place, and it shouldnt of took this long to fix with all the worlds technology. A very evident sign that obama doesn't give a sh** about his people. Were gonna have three very very interesting years to come.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
When the oil storm cleared from Live feeds from Boa Deep C – ROV 2 this appeared in front of the ROV...it appears to be a crack...???
I don't know if it's a crack, could it be something that dragged across the sea floor? Like some part of one of the ROVs?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have seen lots of people say that these marks are cracks. These marks are caused by lifting and lowering lines, hoses, etc. I have seen these lines appear as they lift hoses, so I am pretty sure that is what that is. It is very even, straight, etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Im not allowed to start a thread so maybe you could start this. I found out that nato is sending 2500 canadian troops to evac the gulf coast 100 miles inland plus that the 7 inch riser could not have spewed all this oil out that there is a much larger hole and the goverment is sending a sub to find it

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The CNN interview with Bill Nye the Science Guy Panda mentioned earlier can be found here: Bill Nye Explains Possible Fix for the Oil Spill.

In the video, he mentions that with the oil no longer leaking from the pipe due to the cap, that it can leak below the surface into cracks, then up from the seabed. He has a little visual in pure Bill Nye fashion, watching it makes more sense than me trying to explain it.

Looking at the picture of the possible crack above, I'm willing to bet we're going to see this happening.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kodiak60

Can we get a source for this? I've looked and found about half a dozen websites claiming it, but none are reliable. It's worth a mention for sure, I'm just wondering if we can dig up any hard evidence.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Hey folks just want to reiterate (& remind) that there is a multiple rover observation page available..

Multiple Rover observation page

It's great to see them working in tandem and to see the different views..

Johnny

I cannot get these, nor can I get anything from the BP page .. do they require Windows Media Player, by any chance? I only have Flash enabled.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kodiak60

yes, thank you for the input, I really do appreciate it, but I must have a source, when making extraordinary claims you must have extraordinary evidence.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It looks like that exact post has been reposted on at least half a dozen BP threads. Numerically it doesn't make sense... only 2500 to do anything seems sort of small...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
seems to be spewing out of a moving pipe just now...i just cant understand how its so hard to collect this stuff...

REALLY? ... they have been talking about piping it to another well .. a sort of reservoir well ... if they are setting that up now, they are far ahead of where they are telling us they are at in their "program".

Maybe they are worried about the integrity of the relief wells, and want to let this one spew into an empty hole for a bit ... what a clever idea ... hmmmm

It also hides how much is coming out of the well ... You know someone figured out that they pumped 200,000 gallons per hour of Mud into Macondo trying for a top kill ... if they could put that much mud in, I bet it puts that much oil out~!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Seriously why has BP decided to even risk making things worse by installing this cap, suspending the relief wells (any new news on this?) when apparently the 1st relief well is getting very close to hitting it's mark?

This doesn't make sense to me. Why have they taken this risk? Especially when there are multiple people saying the well casing downhole is broken and stemming the oil flow could cause the whole area to blow out?

Suspending the relief wells to try doing this cap makes zero sense to me

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Hey folks just want to reiterate (& remind) that there is a multiple rover observation page available..

Multiple Rover observation page

It's great to see them working in tandem and to see the different views..

Johnny

I cannot get these, nor can I get anything from the BP page .. do they require Windows Media Player, by any chance? I only have Flash enabled.

Yes they require Windows Media Player.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by -TruthSeeker-
This is great news!...right? Why didn't they do this before, i wonder...

This gizmo was custom built esp. for this well head (and it's badly sawed top).

I also strongly suspect that the relief wells were wanted very nearby, if not actually in the bore, to measure the pressures way down there.

Once Macondo is chock a block with concrete (if they can do that) then the relief wells can become production wells (like the Atlantis platform). IF they cannot, then Macondo also spews oil, but in a more controlled and harvested manner. HOPEFULLY with NO Corexit!!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join