It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is testing now! Turn on CNN, oil has stopped spewing from the main pipe line!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Thank you for the update if your correct this could be very bad. For everyones sake I hope you wrong.

I also hope so too.

On a side note: BP has 'conveniently' stopped showing live feeds of the pressure gauges.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

I think you might find that it is the oil companies, banks and arms manufacturers that give your government permission to have power and what we actually see is just a circus act.

Wobbly Anomoly what a cool screen name.

I agree with your post also. I like to call this," circus act" a " tip toe through the tulips".

T.V. believe it or not actually use to be very funny and entertaining.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Okay wait there's 3 valves right?
and they're closing them at 6 hour intervals?
so.. 6 6 6 ?
sorry, just caught my eye.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sea bed was being disturbed a few minutes ago, quite a lot as well.

Boa Deep C - ROV 2

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I fear it is a leak this thing is just going to burst at the seems even if they do seal it they NEED to reduce the pressure or the weak parts will all start to FAIL and hard.... (maybe thats what they want?)

all the water around the cap looks more murky than before so I think a slow leak from underneath is Very probable...

thanks for the screenshot good looking out

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

O #, thanks for the update what the hell is going on down there.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

That caught my eye as well...was trying to figure out if it was oil coming from the seabed or if it was the seabed itself. If it's the seabed 'moving' or 'pushing' then this is not good at all.

I have no idea where the propellers are on the ROVs, I imagine in the back of them. So I would guess that it's NOT the propellers disturbing the seabed (given the size of these ROVs its not likely the propeller)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

That ROV as far as I can tell is resting on the seabed so theoretically it should have the fans off.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So now it's plugged, what about the 22 fissures that are leaking oil, has the re-directed pressure increased their leaks???

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
On CNN they are now saying BP claims the leak is stopped. But haven't we heard that before?

I'll feel better if they are still saying that 2 days from now.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
So now it's plugged, what about the 22 fissures that are leaking oil, has the re-directed pressure increased their leaks???
This will only be a temporary fix I think until the relief wells make it a permanent fix, about a month from now.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wonder when they'll turn the cams back on. Convinient how all the cams showing the leak shut off as the most CRITICAL point in this whole process gets rolling. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Wonder when they'll turn the cams back on. Convinient how all the cams showing the leak shut off as the most CRITICAL point in this whole process gets rolling. *sigh*
CNN is showing some live cams.
Only some of them seem to be down, but others are still working. They expect the pressure to climb to 8000-8700 psi so a lot more oil could leak at the higher pressures.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I can't find any feeds showing the valves. Theres 4 feeds showing the ocean floor, a gague and the bottom of the BOP.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
skandi rov 1 why is the radar flaring up all of the sudden??????

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just thinking how easy it would be for BP to just say, "Yup, its capped! The well has stopped leaking!" And all they have to do is show a continuous loop or just take the cameras off the well completely. We will only know what BP wants us to know. This is the main reason I wish that some body else would take over!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
looks like they put a cap on this SOB lets see how long it takes to implode

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
whatever the HELL makes you guys think theres any chance of them stopping this?????????????? do you people start these threads just to rake free FLAGS in??????

people, lets be serious here. theyre not going to stop the leak any time soon!!! why would you ever give them the benefit of that doubt???? hmmm??

i am not flagging this thread and i sure as hell am not starring it.

lets just say they capped the leak, how the hell are we going to restore the ocean to its original state if 5,000 species of wildlife are now extinct???? c'mon people get off your fat lazy a#### and influence a godamn revolution before they kill us all!!!!!!!!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Cobra.EXE]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

You go first

Either it works or it doesn't, I would hope that lessons have been learnt but sadly when it comes to global business, politics or religion they all seem to fall over the same mistakes time and time again.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
lets just say they capped the leak, how the hell are we going to restore the ocean to its original state if 5,000 species of wildlife are now extinct????
Which species have gone extinct?

Oil leaks from the gulf naturally, there's just a heck of a lot more of it that leaked lately due to BP's incompetence.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join