It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Chupacabra's Killed in Texas? [Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just read this story on yahoo news and figured I should share it with the Crypto crowd who know more about these things. I'm not sure what the animal is, to me it looks like a sick coyote. Video is below the article.

Chupacabra Sighting Times Two

A barn in Hood County, Texas, has become ground zero in the hunt for the chupacabra. Earlier this week, animal control officer Frank Hackett shot and killed what was unquestionably one of the ugliest creatures to ever walk the planet. That much we know. What's less clear is whether or not the departed creature was the elusive goat-sucking beast.

Interestingly, that wasn't the only chupacabra sighting around Hood County. A second creature was spotted and killed several miles away. Both appear to be either hairless coyotes, extremely ugly dogs, or, who knows? Maybe the thing they call el chupacabra.

In the wake of the discovery, Web searches on "chupacabra sightings" and "chupacabra texas" both roared to life, as did Web lookups for "chupacabra translation" and "chupacabra definition." According to Virtue Science, the name literally translates to "goat sucker." Legend states that the beast would attack goats and suck their blood. Think of them as a less sexy version of "Twilight"'s infamous vampire Edward Cullen.

Officer Hackett was careful not to say whether or not this is really the mysterious beast. He's going to wait for the DNA tests before he makes up his mind. There is one thing he does know: "It wasn't normal." And another officer on the scene commented that she'd "never seen anything like it."

Below you can watch the locals discuss their findings, but beware. The images of the creature are quite nasty.

buzz.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

hmm Interesting to say the least.

I wonder what the DNA will say, i mean do they have Chupacabra DNA on file to match it to?

Time will tell

S&F

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
More dogs with mang being shot then called chupacabras.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well, I have not seen anyone that says 'we will do some DNA test' bringing any news. Either it is identified or not..

And I hate when news reporters keep laughing at this kind of news. They make them sound just stupid. It can be a chupacabras or not, but for sure that's not the way they should report them.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

I wonder what the DNA will say, i mean do they have Chupacabra DNA on file to match it to?

I'm not sure if they have any Chupacabra DNA on file.

It would be a real shock to them if the DNA test doesn't match anything in the database.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That's what I was thinking.

But I am not a expert in this field, I have only read a few things about the Chupacabra, and seen a few things on TV about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleObserver
reply to post by hippomchippo

That's what I was thinking.

But I am not a expert in this field, I have only read a few things about the Chupacabra, and seen a few things on TV about it.

If you do a google search with dead chupacabra, you would be amazed the amount of bodies that look exactly like this.
It's a media field day I guess.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Creatures in this video look like the animal on your video. They say it's a hybrid between a coyote and something else.

hippomchippo, These are not dogs with mange.

They have features like the very long back legs compared to short front legs that dogs do not have. Even all the experts who have examined these creatures.. people have either caught or killed many of them now.. do not know what they are.. so dogs with mange is out of the question.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Thanks for the video

Very interesting and strange.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm fascinated by crytozoology, but think the "goat sucker" is a coyote hybrid. The xoloitzcuintle, or xolo, is an ancient, now very rare hairless dog from Mexico. Perhaps a xolo stray crossed with a coyote sometime and the hairless gene is now being expressed. As ugly as these dogs are (I have Jack russells and a mini doxie which are all beautiful), and as rare as they are lots of people don't know about them. But they do look like these things, a bit too much to discount.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hello there. Please contribute to the previous discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join