It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China is Sending Nuclear Technology to Iran and NK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
For what it is worth here is my opinion on the U.S., China, Taiwan
issue:

The U.S. is the current World Super power, China will be the next.
China is already gaining strength, money and new allies by the
day. China holds more U.S. treasury bonds than almost any other
country except Japan. This means that if China were to call in that
debt, we would go Bankrupt because we can not afford to pay
that debt.

The U.S. has deployed most of our armed forces overseas to fight the
war on terror and most of the navy for Summer pulse 2004 to
demonstrate our commitment to Taiwan. If China decided to attack
Taiwan, you can bet your bottom dollar that North Korea would
attack South Korea and Iran would attack Israel as a diversion, what would the U.S. do then? I will tell you, the U.S. would have to go
nuclear to stop a full fledged defeat in Asia.

It is only a matter of time and China will win. The only real achilles
heel that China has is the billion people it has to feed. The only way
to defeat so many people is to use Wmd's, especially biological weapons
as that can contaminate food and water supplies as well as be extremely
contagous. Sars, Aids, Spanish Influenza anyone?

My point is, every empire has it's end, and the U.S. is almost there.
We should accept that gracefully and give the next country it's turn
as long as it does not impead on our right to exist and prosper.

[edit on 7/14/2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockerDom
Bottomline: China doesn't want to destroy the U.S., and doesn't want to help terrorists. The whole idea is just insane.

And you know this exactly how?.........
It has not been a secret that China, Russia and NK among others have been selling wmd to others, including terrorists. There are many different terrorist organizations. The tactic "using the enemies of our enemies to fight them" has been used in the past, and is still used in the present, by almost everyone in the world.

Even if the US would cease to exist the rest of the world would try to find a way to deal with it, just like if China ceased to exist. It will most probably be tough the first years, but after a while China would find other clients or methods to substitute the economy the US gives them.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
China is a ally with the U.S in the War on Terror. China and U.S had shared significant infomation with one another to help crack down on islamic terorist. Especially the Frontier Region of China.

China wants a Peaceful Rise in power.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahsingjai
China is a ally with the U.S in the War on Terror. China and U.S had shared significant infomation with one another to help crack down on islamic terorist. Especially the Frontier Region of China.

i see, so what do you say to what I posted before on Chinese officials stating that war with the US is inevitable? You call that a peaceful rise in power?

Let me quote it again.

" December 1999 statement of Gen. Chi Haotian, defense minister and vice-chairman of the Communist Party's Central Military Commission:

"Seen from the changes in the world situation and the hegemonic strategy of the United States to create monopolarity . . . war is inevitable. We cannot avoid it. The issue is that the Chinese armed forces must control the initiative in this war military bloc headed by U.S. hegemonists. . . . We must be prepared to fight for one year, two years, three years or even longer." So far as I know there has been no repudiation of the statement by Gen. Chi, who for his role in the 1989 slaughter of defenseless."

Excerpted from.
www.taiwandc.org...

And it continues with...

Influential Chinese planners like General Mi Zhenyu, vice-commandant of the Academy of Military Sciences in Beijing, on the other hand, will see it as the next step in bringing China's strength and influence up to par with the United States. "For a relatively long time it will be absolutely necessary that we quietly nurse our sense of vengeance," Mi wrote last year. "We must conceal our abilities and bide our time."

Excerpted from.
www.foreignpolicy2000.org...

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tad6015
WE SHOULD GIVE TAIWAN SOME NUKES....

Japan has been anti-nuke for almost 60 years and now they're thinking about developing nuclear weapons to deter North Korea's aggression.

I think we need to give these countries nukes with the launch codes already programmed for pre-determined targets.

That may shut them (NK and Iran) up, but then again, they've never been accused of being smart.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by ahsingjai

i see, so what do you say to what I posted before on Chinese officials stating that war with the US is inevitable? You call that a peaceful rise in power?

Let me quote it again.

" December 1999 statement of Gen. Chi Haotian, defense minister and vice-chairman of the Communist Party's Central Military Commission:

"Seen from the changes in the world situation and the hegemonic strategy of the United States to create monopolarity . . . war is inevitable. We cannot avoid it. The issue is that the Chinese armed forces must control the initiative in this war military bloc headed by U.S. hegemonists. . . . We must be prepared to fight for one year, two years, three years or even longer." So far as I know there has been no repudiation of the statement by Gen. Chi, who for his role in the 1989 slaughter of defenseless."

Do not quote out of context!

If there was confrontation between US and China, it will be because of US intervention in Taiwan.

If US is determined to attack PLA when China is cracking down Taiwan Independence, the War is inevitable.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by zcheng]

[edit on 29-9-2004 by zcheng]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join