It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNBC And Fed Accused Of Lies And Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This story from Zero Hedge nearly made me fall out of my chair.

I believe every word of it.

Zero Hedge reports:

In his latest letter to subscribers, Shadowstats’ John Williams dissects recent economic data, and after providing yet more evidence that after the recent period of “bottom-bouncing at a low-level plateau of business activity” the economy has once again entered a double dip. Overall, it has cost the US taxpayers several trillion in debt (which will never be repaid), and a major hit to the value of the paper in their wallets, just to play the game of extend and pretend for a just under 18 months.

The positive effects of the sugar high are now gone, leaving just the negative, one of which is the propaganda spin engulfing the entire legacy media complex whose survival depends on the ongoing perpetuation of the Ponzi lie that all is well. And courtesy of Mr. Williams we have prima facie evidence of precisely why formerly reputable channels such as CNBC are in the process destroying their credibility and causing an exodus of viewers, with the few remaining viewers remaining primarily for the opportunity to heckle the openly lying talking heads.

To wit from Shadowstats:

“Let me recount two personal experiences. Back in late-1989, I contended that the U.S. economy was in or headed into a deep recession. CNBC had me in to discuss my views along with a senior economist for a large New York bank, who was looking for continued economic growth. Before the show, the bank economist and I shared our views in the Green Room. I outlined my case for a major recession, and, to my shock, his response was, “I think that pretty much is the consensus.”

We got on the air, I gave my recession pitch, and he proclaimed a booming economy for the year ahead. He was a good economist and knew what was happening, but he had to put out the story mandated by his employer, or he would not have had a job.

More recently, following an interview on a major cable news network (not CNBC), I was advised off-air by the producer that they were operating under a corporate mandate to give the economic news a positive spin, irrespective of how bad it was.”

And now you know that watching stations like CNBC for anything more than just comedic value is hazardous to your health and wealth.

more at link

Unreal.

Unbelievable? – not so much.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The networks and the banks have to keep the investors happy people who are worried about their pocketbooks are less likely to be sperated from their money.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

CNBC is owned by GE which is a DOW component stock,so what do you expect.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There is a lady I am acquainted with who I told about the governments "nod" for Exxon to bid for BP. She is a baby boomer...a nurse at a local hospital...Know what she said?

"That can't be true! It wasn't on Bloomberg! If something that important were going on, we would all hear about it."

Seriously?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Earlier...just as I was about to post a reply...all the power went out. Just to my house. Circuit breaker got tripped. Strange timing; strange times.

For over a year I have been hearing around the water cooler, from the family MD etc. that the stock market is being artificially held up. People have been telling me that it must be so because of each of their personal situations. This story with quote and name brings proof to vague fears.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

You cannot "prop up" a prevailing strong trend or human emotion. Maybe for a session or two with extreme amounts of money, but there is definitely a limit.

NYSE alone trades about 1.5 billion shares a day (rough estimate off the top of my head). Do you really think this is possible? That is JUST the NYSE. Think about the CME and FX and all International Exchanges.

The stock market is just a representation of the sum of attitudes reflected by all participants at a given time. Some are represented much greater than others. That is a given though.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Although true at the time, Comcast bought 51% of NBC Universal and has controlling interest now I believe.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
1989 - that's eleven years ago; it certainly makes sense based on the continuous USA deficits and the Social Security Ponzi scheme - but it's interesting that the powers that be try to keep lipstick on this pig - makes you wonder how long they can keep up the charade...the trouble is, there isn't an alternative...at some point we'll have to throw our hands up in the air and declare bankruptcy...now that will interesting...because once there are hints of it coming down the pipe, panic will set in and al Hell will break loose...good luck to us!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Couldn't agree more with your sentiment, however, let me clarify mine: everything is run by computerization. There is no bookeeper with a ledger in the back room counting money. Hope that's clear now.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Whoa, thanks for that misinformed lesson.

At anytime for example on the CME (where more $ is exchanging hands than the NYSE for example) there is a time and sales of all executed trades on the exchange for any participant to look at.

Do you understand what this means? All trades are available to reference and all trades have a timestamp with volume associated.

If you care to actually be informed instead of being outright pitiful, here is the link to some real information. Information. and Daily Volume and Open Interest

[edit on 14-7-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
1989 - that's eleven years ago; it certainly makes sense based on the continuous USA deficits and the Social Security Ponzi scheme - but it's interesting that the powers that be try to keep lipstick on this pig - makes you wonder how long they can keep up the charade...the trouble is, there isn't an alternative...at some point we'll have to throw our hands up in the air and declare bankruptcy...now that will interesting...because once there are hints of it coming down the pipe, panic will set in and al Hell will break loose...good luck to us!

Twenty-one buddy.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Thanks for the links but I think I'll pass...your choice of adjective (adverb?) for my state of being makes me think you don't really have my best interests at heart.

By the by, did you know that while you are checking each and every transaction by date stamp etc. (how many were there - millions or billions?) those transactions can be changed in less than a fraction of a second?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Did you do your reading on how accounts are settled? I have no problem with your misinformed opinions. Just realize that you are incorrect. I have already offered to help.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Wake up and smell the cybernetic air. Nothing is real. Whom do you think is generating those "final tallies?" If you answered "not who but what" you are correct. Letting you have the last word now. Bye.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The markets are moved entirely by computer algorithms.

Almost nothing, nada, is trading on market fundamentals.

If you are a private investor operating in this racket you are going to get fleeced.

One can not look at index or even individual stock fundamentals any make productive investments in this state of computer generated junk.

We can see markets move wildly on no volume action nearly every day.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This entire game is kept goin by those in positions of influence and considerable wealth simply to keep their income going a little longer.

Have we learnt nothing?
Corporate responsibility is a complete lie, it's a myth.
No corporation on this Earth has any interest in being responsible. They'll do and say whatever they have to while in the spotlight, but only because it serves a purpose of good PR.
Profit is the name of the game, and that goes for every major company from CNBC to Walmart, BP to Mc Donalds, Gap, Apple, Microsoft, HSBC...

NOT A SINGLE large company on this planet has any real intention to be "responsible". No corporate machine has morals, it is just a mindless and void entity with the sole intention to make money AT ALL COST.

That is what people are now waking up to. And that is what all of these stories are showing us.

All of these people know exactly what is going on. I do not believe for one second that a few regular citizens can see what is going on while governments and corporations with their arsenal of data analysis and think tanks can't see what's happening, and about to happen.

And on the government involvement in this current chaos...
One of three things is now a fact.
Either your government and mine are completely incompetent, or they lied to their people and covered up the truth. Or, both.

Personally, I think both.

new topics

top topics

join