It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus does not save...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

You will be surprised .

The Dutch are the empire of regulation.

I'm lucky I don't have to send in a form in three fold, when I want to go take a leak.
Freedom here is abundant unless someone is offended by it. The people here are highly intolerant and easily offended.... Yet they all think they can do as they please.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Sadly this is the direction the NWO is herding us into: Free speech? Absolutely. Just say X, Y, or Z and you can paint it on your car, your barn, your cow...It's free speech!

Oh...but you wanna say S, T, U or V...Well "free speech" really wasn't meant for that, and we really don't want to upset anyone with your crazy beliefs. We have to consider the good of the people. Have you considered changing "Jesus" to "Obama"? That's some free speech we can get behind!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Of course Jesus saves...
George Stienbrenner has just left to go recruit him as a relief pitcher ...
for the New York Yankees.

I think you should be able to shingle your roof what ever colour you want.
If thine eye offend thee pluck it out......or what ever.

PS up here in Canada farmers have been known to paint the cows with the word COW in hunting season ...so Americans can tell they aren't deer...

If the government ever told them they couldn't do that..guess who would be leaving the farm with the word DEER writen on the back of their jackets...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am not a Christian, but this is just part of the ambiance. It's part of living in a place where not everyone is on the same page. Down the freeway a bit some place south of Centralia on I-5 there is a far right wing billboard that has been there since the freeway has been built. On one side it has a picture of Uncle Sam and the phrase, "Get US out of the United Nations!" The other side always has something different. I don't agree with this guy, but I always look forward to seeing what the other side says.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I do not have a side per se. My duty is to gather my experiences in this lifetime to take with me to the next.

I feel that the property owner should be able to make his proclamation just as the indigenous did in the caves they dwelled in. Just because we do not understand them does not mean that they weren't prayers to God too! Should we paint over them like the government has asked in this case?

My definition of an oppressor is anyone that feels entitled to hold sway over another and this is beyond the duty of a parent raising a child of course.

Every person on this planet is entitled to every resource granted humanity and it is wrong for a group of barbarians to stake claim to any of it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We christians are familiar with persecution and attacks since the time Jusus came to this world. Those things only make us stronger, our faith needs to be tested all the time in order to grow.

We understand who is against Jesus, is with Satan. I can't be more clear.

I respect other religions that respect mine. People with power given by other people always make mistakes. We can forgive them, but God doesn't forget them.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I have driven past that sign many times. Actually, it's in Chehalis - but right next to Centralia. I usually agree with whatever the current message is, but I'm pretty much a Libertarian. Small world.

Here's an article about that billboard:
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

And a picture:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think he has the right to have the sign on his roof. At the same time if another Farmer wanted to post "Jesus Does Not Save" on his roof, should he be given the same right?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If you own it, you should have the right to do what you want with it. Who really owns what nowadays? It's probably owned partically or fully by the government in some way. Just the private owner doesn't realize it yet. If it isn't paid in full, it's not really yours, so they say. There is always some kind of loophole for the government to assume ownership rights when and if they want to.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Freedom here is abundant unless someone is offended by it. The people here are highly intolerant and easily offended.... Yet they all think they can do as they please.

That has not been my experience. The Dutch I know are the most tolerant, even minded people I have met. Now to the topic.

Jesus does not save... unless he shops at Walmart.

Sorry I had to. This was this dude barn, on his property? He shouldn't be regulated by the gov't. Are Christmas lights and nativity scenes allowed at Christmas time? What makes this any different?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

yes

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It seems there is always one around that complains often enough to get his way.
Of course we are quite a lovely nation.
My remark should be read positively.

There are not enough winers to ruin my day. However they wine a lot.

lol

I think it is ridiculous that he should remove it. It is not like he refuses to give a hand or wears a burqha or something.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I really like this thread, very light-hearted. I giggled at many of your comments. So thank you, I needed that. We need more of this around here.

I see eyesores every day whether it be tacky billboards, or bad taste in general and I choose to look the other way. For instance, where I live birch trees are all over the place. We recently had a couple of years of drought, and many birch trees died off. Now, being the lovely tree that they are, they are a staple in many front yards. Instead of removing the entirety of the dead tree, there is a bizarre trend of hacking them down to a two or three foot-high stump. These are hideous remnants of a once beautiful tree. And they are everywhere. Some people even think it’s a fabulous idea to hang baskets of petunias off of the culled branches of their stumps to sway in the breeze for passers-by to admire. It’s quite something. This has been my pet peeve for years. But do I call in the tptb to force these people to put these stumps out of their misery once and for all and cull them out of existence? No. No, I don’t. I bellyache. I grumble. I shake my head at the inconceivable notion that someone finds these petrified remains attractive, and I go about my merry way. I resolve never to do it myself.

That is all I do. These stumps exist on someone’s property, and while they are the very definition of sad and ridiculous, I digress back into the realization that it’s not my property. It’s not MY yard. These poor individuals, misguided and tacky as they are, are entitled to portray their bad taste in their own surroundings.

Sorry to veer off topic somewhat, but I just can’t help myself. These stumps get under my skin waaayy more that any conspiracy ever could. I have my priorities and impeccable decorative taste is up there.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm not a religious advocate, but the land owner reserves his right to free speech. I may not like it, but the owner has his rights. None of us are free without our own expression. S&F.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Auntie Matter

You're welcome.

I enjoyed your post. Very honest.

Who are we to decide what another person can and can't do ? Of course there are limits but there is always someone that does not agree or like what you do or say, right ?
I say to those people get over it, grow up and if you really don't like what you see, look the other way.

The same issue happens right here on ATS. When you don't like a topic, don't read it.
How difficult can it be ?

Thank you Aunty Matter.

Reply to post by brilab

I totally agree.

Reply to post by zroth

Then I definitely agree with you

Peace.

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You should be able to paint whatever you want on the side of your own barn. Personally, I would've opted for something that would grind against both sides like:

"Jesus loves gays"

Nothing like angering two opposing groups with one sentence lol

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I think he should be able to keep it up, its his roof right. The idea that public comfort of those driving past is more important than one of his basic freedoms is a bit absurd, unless people are crashing because the sign is that distracting, in which case the sign should read: Jesus impairs Motorists

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Thank you for that.
... I think I have a new goal to reach.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I agree.

It's absurd... even when accidents happen because people get distracted by it.
It is a little weird to punish someone for the mistakes of another. They should be watching the road in front of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

When somebody decides to really let loose with the paints, let us know.

There was a house near Chicago (a burb) which owner painted everything with clowns and religious sayings. Stuff like 'fools mock but they shall soon mourn' and 'the mills of God grind slow but sure' etc...you get the idea. Every tree was painted pink as high as she could reach. Every garage door panel had some clown portrait. The entire house was aburst with mad paintings, right plop in the middle of perfect upper middle class ville. The painter even accused the neighbor of killing her 'Teddy', with signs in the window and stuff.

I had some pix, but I doubt I still have them....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join