It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing starts gating, locking migrant villages

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Beijing starts gating, locking migrant villages

news.yahoo.com

BEIJING – The government calls it "sealed management." China's capital has started gating and locking some of its lower-income neighborhoods overnight, with police or security checking identification papers around the clock, in a throwback to an older style of control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
More government control will lead to this!!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This sounds a bit Hitler-esque, does it not? Even for those who DON'T believe in the Holocaust, surely you've heard this part of the story. And the US did this as well, during WW2, with the Japanese Internment Camps. So yes, it is an "older" form of control, but not so old that no one remembers it and it is also not a new concept in the government policies of the greater world powers

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Its a great idea,having the government provide security.
Where I live I have to pay to have myself locked up at night and day to the tune of $600 a month.
And this retirement community is considered one of the best in the country.

If you dont live in a gated community you are vulnerable to every criminal out there. This is the future,get with the plan.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Just make sure you yourself are not being blinded by the community and those who run it. Or putting too much faith in technology. People are flawed and so the things they create are too.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Being closed in prevents minor criminals and outsiders from getting in. But in the event of someone going off the deep end inside a closed community or "low-end quarter" as they are doing in China, limits the places you can go on the inside to get to a safe place.

There are Pro's and Con's to both.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I can think of so many places that could use this in America. Of course it does go against the constitution, and I would be against it. But imagine how much crime would be avoided if we could lock the animals up at night.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

They're called prisons. Too bad they fail. And too bad they keep failing even if you change the name. Criminals are smart, for the most part anyway. And if we keep treating them like imbeciles, no one will get anywhere with the whole "crack down on crime"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by itbbeyond11

Nah, they don't fail, how they are implemented fails. Jail isn't supposed to be cushy, nor fun. If peole actually had real punishement and deterrents, a crime crack down would help. But in todays pc world where even the criminals are the victims....it's no wonder it doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Nah, they don't fail, how they are implemented fails. Jail isn't supposed to be cushy, nor fun. If peole actually had real punishement and deterrents, a crime crack down would help. But in todays pc world where even the criminals are the victims....it's no wonder it doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Amen to that. Criminals shouldn't get better medical treatment than some innocent children

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
They're not talking about criminals.. They're locking up the "lower-income" population, and it's horrible! Innocent people are in those camps.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

that's why I said Hitler-esque.....and Japanese internment camp-esque....I was talking about something different yet relatable and so was the person I was talking about it with. The conversation switched gears slightly a while ago...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The communist chinese have intentionally killed many millions during and before the 'great leap forward' and nobody knows or cares, but youre worried about creating work camps of illegals in a totalitarian state that already uses prison labor.
Wow! somebody call a cop!
What's the number for 911!!???

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There was a thread somewhere on this forum comparing USA to Nazi Germany.

And I had posted what comparison to communist china, got no response on the matter.

And here this thread pops up.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

China is not a communist country, they do have a totalitarian system though. I think much of the negatives we hear about China are exaggerated in all honesty, but this story should concern people, stability/control is absolutely vital in the Chinese governments view. If these actions achieve that they will do so happily...i'd like to hear the opinion of some chinese folks about this story and if they support these actions.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I'd have to agree that I would like to see the opinions of some Chinese. But websites like this are very hard for them to access from within the country since it is very heavily controlled

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
i'd like to hear the opinion of some chinese folks about this story and if they support these actions.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Solomons]

Why would anyone support these actions? Locking up communities at night is wrong.

Line 2

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

As far as i know ATS is not blocked, there are a few Chinese members i know of on ATS. Probably many more who read ATS but are not members.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Why would anyone support these actions? Locking up communities at night is wrong.

Line 2

Well a lot of people agreed with it during WW2 in America. So what makes you think other people won't now?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join