It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken-and-Egg Mystery Finally Cracked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Actually I never really worried about it much.

I'll eat them both.
Somebody pass me the giblet gravy please.

Ah ha! Good one.. you must be a Southern Boy.

I see your avatar grew a beard. Neat trick.

I know which one came first. They Both did !!

You see God ( or better known to chickendom as The Great Rooster Dude) made a male chicken and put down a hen egg at the same time. She, "Girdie" was hatched because "Bob" needed a younger Hot chicken chick to procreate with. By the time Girdie was of age Bob was just figuring out how to use his.. er.. chicken pecker so it all worked out.

This was told in the religious text sacred to the chickens called The New Eggsperiment. One day the Great Rooster Dude will come back to Earth and deliver all the chicken from the evil hells of the chicken coop and corporate slaughter.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have never understood this whole chicken and egg scenario. If you believe that God created all creatures great and small (which I personally don't) then the chicken was most likely created first.

If you believe in evolution, then neither the chicken nor the egg came first, what came first was whatever the chicken evolved from. It is said that birds evolved from reptiles although there are debates over this. Therefore the answer is not 'the egg' as these know-it-all scientists claim, it is this...

QUESTION: WHAT CAME FIRST, THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?
ANSWER: THE SMALL DINOSAUR (OR MAYBE A LIZARD)

Case closed!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
It is said that birds evolved from reptiles although there are debates over this. Therefore the answer is not 'the egg' as these know-it-all scientists claim, it is this...

QUESTION: WHAT CAME FIRST, THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?
ANSWER: THE SMALL DINOSAUR (OR MAYBE A LIZARD)

Well then wouldn't it have evolved from a reptile that laid an egg which hatched into something a little more evolved AKA the Chicken?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Talk about stating the obvious.....

Seriously though, I dont think this has to be a discussion about chickens.... I think that it goes back much further than that.

Recently, archaeologists have concluded that birds are direct descendants of dinosaurs, which I recall also had eggs that would hatch into baby dinosaurs.

So, my point is, in the age old question of chicken or the egg, shouldnt we be more concerned with what came first; LIFE OR THE EGG?

After all, chickens aren't the only species out there that lays eggs....Hell, women even carry eggs

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

well id more than likely say we all evolved from insects.... the biology has to start small first... and an exoskeleton is the conerstone of its design and a shoe in for the use of eggs.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I disagree with their conclusion I think the egg came first

My reasoning is Chickens (and all other land animals) evolved from fish so eggs predate chickens by probably thousands of years also the first chicken must have come out of an egg it didn't just magicly appear.

Anyway I disagree eggs have been around a lot longer than chickens have and the first chicken must have come from an egg of a close relative.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Teknikal]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike6158
The source of the chicken is pretty obvious.
So obvious that I'm not going to share it so that everyone reading this thread has the opportunity to learn something
:

[edit on 7/14/2010 by Mike6158]

So you are saying it was witchcraft?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The egg came first, it was incubated by the lizard thing that evolved into the chicken.

Shesh oh Pete people, did anyone pay attention in science class?

Long time ago, an ancient lizard bird thing laid an egg, that egg hatched and instead of another lizard bird thing, it was a chicken, and that chicken mated with other lizard bird thing chicken offspring which created chickens.

So, in short, it was the egg.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
more prrof scientists dont know what they are talking about. isnt a chicken a type of bird that hatches from an egg? which means the egg came first even if it was laid by an elephant or whatever, the chicken egg came first. if the elephant laid the egg its only an elephant egg when an elephant comes out of it. if a chicken comes out of the elephant laid egg, its a chicken egg. seems like a logic issue to me, not one that needed to be studied. unless im wrong, in which case im sure ill hear about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The egg comes first. Who eats a chicken sandwich for breakfast!?

Oh, wait....

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Who needs to spend money on a study as to which came first???
Everyone knows that the ROOSTER came first!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

LOL - you seriously made me LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by rangersdad

LOL - you seriously made me LOL

Just ask any woman, right??

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Well, clearly this is an evolutionary logical assumption on their part.

First, we need to remove the initial egg and chicken from the equation and look at the evolutionary process of much smaller organisms that evolved their way to become egg bearing creatures.

For example, through evolution we know that asexual organisms evolved into sexual organisms to reproduce. The "egg" as it is with mammals is a single cell that gets fertilized and then divides into the multi-celled organism.

It seems that Dinosaurs were the earlier of the birds which gave birth to eggs, and it is very likely that egg bearing organisms started in the ocean where this was part of a survival solution to lay hundreds or thousands of eggs at a time.

It was the first organism that moved the egg from hatching inside to outside that then evolved to the chicken... clearly the Amoeba came first, then the first egg laying mutation... Millions of years later walked the chicken.

Science is so silly.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The Egg came first. And I’ll prove it.

Let’s say you have to small birds. They almost resemble a chicken but they are not chickens. Through evolution and adaptation this bird has been changing over thousands of years.

These 2 birds get together and fertilize an egg. Genetically the egg is different. It’s close to the original parents but very different in appearance.
So basically 2 nonchickens laid a chicken egg. They incubate this egg and out hatches a chicken.

All the other eggs that hatched are mirror images of the parents but this one egg is not. Its nature’s way of trying something new. This chicken grows up and breeds with one of its nonchicken relatives and makes more chickens. These chickens are better food finders then their nonchicken relatives so they survive where the nonchickens fail and die out.

Pretty soon the world is flooded with chickens all because of one lonely egg.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
my take on this is the egg came first.

Due to evolution the creature that layed the the first egg that a chick came from was not a chicken.

Follow me?

Korg.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
The Egg came first. And I’ll prove it.

Let’s say you have to small birds. They almost resemble a chicken but they are not chickens. Through evolution and adaptation this bird has been changing over thousands of years.

Posted at the same time...

Great minds think alike huh Darkice

Korg.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So people are now saying that a lizard laid an egg and then a chicken hatched out of it?! I'm afraid evolution doesn't work that fast. It would have happened over millions of years...

All life started as microbial forms of life in the sea (maybe some on land.. i dunno i'm not a scientist), as they got bigger and more advanced (over MILLIONS of years) some crawled out of the sea, then some grew legs and lungs, then some (the ones that lay eggs) laid eggs on land rather than in the water and out hatched.... the same thing. Over time, the 'same thing' slowly changed but still laid eggs, repeating trillions of times over until something resembling a chicken emerged... this carried on right up until now, although it is not just chickens that hatch from chicken eggs... no, I often find that the chicken eggs I come across hatch little fried eggs or sometimes even a poached egg! Now THAT's what I call evolution!

On a serious note, I think the next evolutionary stage of chickens will involve smaller wings until they eventually disappear. All i'm saying is, make the most of your spicy wings cos they're on the way out!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As I stated in my first post, I am kind of simple minded.
I tend to call an egg by the same name as the animal which laid it.

I would call an lizard egg a lizard egg if it were fairly obvious that a lizard laid it.
I would call a beetle egg a beetle egg if it were fairly obvious a beetle laid it.

So I would have to call a chicken egg a chicken egg if it were faily obvious that a chicken egg laid it. I would not normally stand around and wait to see what hatched out just so I could tell someone that I saw a chicken egg.

This is why I tend to believe the chicken came first, because you have to have somthing lay the egg before you can tell what type of egg it is, rather than watching it hatch and name what came out.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by hdutton]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

But your chicken had to come from somewhere... namely, an egg.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join