It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Militia Engaging Mexican Narcos & Military, 2 Mexi KIA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
It's a bit different these days though. The military has all kinds of aircraft, armored vehicles, nuclear, biological and chemical weapons that Militias could not dream of getting.

What is with everybody and their fear?

Fighting your own army on your own soil is riduclously easy.

Didn't you guys learn in biology...or chemistry...or physics?

Always remember that your military, and mine, are 100%, let me repeat that for clarity...100% reliant on civic infrastructures...why would you ever be afraid of your own army.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

"Tell me something, when have militia members ever won an engagement with the US Government in modern history? They haven't. "

actually they have.

Pretty cool story.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

thanks i had never heard of that before and it seems like they did prety well for them selves despite being disorganized but technology is completely different these days but i don't think a lack of communication's would be an issue for people these days

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

That made my DAY! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

That is a great story! Everyone on ATS should read it.
Etowah was the old capitol of the Cherokee nation during colonial times for what it's worth.
That's right up there with the coal miners battles in West Virginia.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

This would be headline news by now if true. The GE owned news sources would be all over this by now, labeling the Militia as a bunch of out of control dangerous people.

Is it possible this is somebody from the Far Left trying to trick the Militia into doing something stupid like flooding into Arizona armed to the teeth with guns? Seems far more likely than what I'm reading here. It is something the Koss crowd would do just for fun. Don't fall for it and I hope your not part of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

Praying for the Arizona boys..........please keep our guys safe. Seems that we have a war going on and no one in the Govt gives a #.........well this may be the 1st retaking back of our country. If the feds can't or will not assist a state in trouble........then lets help Arizona get back its safety. We are only 49 of 50 without them.......we should all band together and help Arizona....if not where will it stop, Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas.......Washington..........where, ?? Maybe if canadians were coming from the north to N. York we would care......God keep our country safe and thank you to those who can go and help defend our borders......God knows the govt is chicken smitt to do it.........oh yea I am supposed to speaknoevil.........oops slipped

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

That is a great story! Everyone on ATS should read it.
Etowah was the old capitol of the Cherokee nation during colonial times for what it's worth.
That's right up there with the coal miners battles in West Virginia.

Hey I am from Wv and I resemble that statement...............live free of die.....our motto is, "Mountaineers are always free"............God help Arizona........if not God then the militia........bless em all

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
This is huge news if it can be verified. I know some people involved with the militias in Arizona and New Mexico. I am trying to contact them now to see what they know.

I spoke to someone in Arizona that I know. They didn't hear about any type of alert or gun battle going on at the border. He's going to try to find out if there is anything going on but it looks to be a hoax.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

The Continental Army, supported by but not subject of local militia, with the material support of the Kingdom of France, Spain and the Dutch Republic defeated the forces of Great Britain.

The Continental Army was a real army, established by the Continental Congress on June 14, 1775. That's the equal to today's American Army.

It's a bit different these days though. The military has all kinds of aircraft, armored vehicles, nuclear, biological and chemical weapons that Militias could not dream of getting.

Well yes, and that is a large part of my point but I should have said that the Continental Army is the ancestor of today's United States Army.

It's exactly my point though that no matter how well trained, rugged and determine to win, no militia infantryman can stand up to a Predator Drone firing Hellfire missiles, let alone the rest of the arsenal that the modern US Military can bring down. That's exactly what I was saying when I put in a previous post that the government can escalate things far more than a militia.

I agree with you completely in your post. I don't thing that any kind of uprising in the United States without serious overseas backing or the will of the people could win.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I use to live in Tucson and I seem to remember hearing about a simmalar incedent that happened back in 2009, in southern Pima County AZ (Between Nogales and Tucson) about 15 miles north of the border. Two USBP agents were detained, at gunpoint, by "a small army of men (numbering aprox. 20-25) in Mexican millatary uniforms, while a number of people were herded past carring bundles, heading north". The 2 agents were threatened with death if they followed and the radio in their truck was disabled and their hand-held radios were taken.

I have a friend in AZ trying to dig up the link to the story.

If the OP is not a hoax then I applaud the millitia.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If it is real(the shootings), I would hazard a guess they just killed fellow militia men. Here in michigan, AK's and SKS's are the most popular guns of choice due to our varied climate and the guns reliability. How did they confirm they didn't just shoot some other US militia men?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

sadly if the case is true that might be one of the possible outcomes i wonder how we could try to find this out?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
might be some chain yankin going on.it's mid july here- could be a gun fight about most anything. or a mirage..
when the movie MACHETE! comes out things might pop a bit.
followed by RED DAWN ll - oh yeah- please contribute to my fund to raise awareness of skinhead melanoma.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

I hope the government does not use this incident as a means to end the 2nd ammendment.

Citizens should continus to be allowed to defend their country against threats (foreign and domestic)

Believe me, if they tried to do that (abolish the 2nd amendment), the US Military would splinter as about about 50-60% of us (being from primarily southern states) said hell with you and left.

To the guy who said we don't need a military - I don't think you're right. I think what we really don't need is this red tape preventing us from doing anything to secure our own nation's borders when we're busy gallivanting around the globe "fixing" other nations. A military would be a great thing if we were allowed to act on our own soil as opposed to just sitting back and letting the dirty horde cross the borders.

I hope they did kill the hell out of some narcos down there. I hope even more that Mexico tries to make a big deal out of it (if it's true) so the US military can be ordered to act.

Ruby, AZ.

I was down there about 2 months ago. That's some serious backwoods country down there. Doubt I'll be taking any trips down there again in the near future unarmed after this story.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
what happens when they shoot up a mexican family trying to cross the border kid's and all, is that fair game because their illegal? while i agree that america should be woried about it's border people taking the law into their own hands is bownd to end in disaster and probably loss of inocent lives. use your guns to protect your property and family. ask your selfs why the goverment dosnt protect your borders properly... who benifits from all that cheap labour and latino votes.

Hopefully something more will happen in such a scenario than what happens when a Chicago cop accidentally kills a kid, which is absolutely nothing.

People who take the law into their own hands are clearly doing a better job than cops in Chicago, Seattle, and a wide number of other places.

The statistics speak for them self.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Was raised in Arizona. Lived in Glendale (suburb of Phoenix) my whole life just about. Moved to Charleston, SC about a month ago. Went to college at the UofA in Tucson. All of my friends and just about all of my family live there.

When we lived in Tucson, we literally used to have illegals skampering through the desert that made up our neighborhood in Southwest Tucson. I'd go chase 'em out of our "back yard" from time to time because if I didn't they'd always set up Stations/camp sites back there and totally trash the pristine desert. AND I MEAN TRASH! They would leave piles of garbage. The neighborhood watch/ homeowners assoc. would literally pay a dump truck to come in there on a monthly basis and we'd fill 'er up with their garbage.

I haven't heard anything about this shootout yet either. I'll check into it.

Also I have to say, if ya don't have a problem with the outpouring of illegal immigrants and the associated problems yet, spend some time living in southern Az. You may change your tune.

My wife thought for the longest time that it wasn't a big deal and they just wanted "a better life", which I'm sure IS the case w many. Then she had to deal with it when she moved to Tucson for school. Boy her understanding of the situation changed very quickly.

I still don't have a problem with coming here for a better life but ya gotta do it LEGALLY! It's a mess down there. I literally don't know a single person who lives there who hasn't either known or been kidnapped, had there home raided/broken into, or there car stolen. Not ONE! And most including myself, it's happened a handful of times.

Lastly I'd just like to add, if it angers you, and it should, don't blame the illegals (I ain't saying we shouldn't do what we can to stop them). Put the blame in it's proper place. The US government! They have done almost ZERO to help solve this. And don't be a sucker. You would have to be a sucker to believe their BS about not having the resources to shut down the border. It just isn't the case.

Hope everything is ok w/ those good men down there trying to stop this

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Update from AWRM:

on the randymack show tonight there was an update given over the sitrep that was sent out about being engaged in a firefight on tuesday. the information in the show is about 45 minutes into the program. it is archived and so you can listen to it later on.

a team of 2 acm members were in position waiting. they observed 6 uniformed paramilitary members crossing the border from south to north.

a firefight ensued and the results are:
2 KIA
3 WIA
1 Escaped

0 americans injured

the two man team stayed in position until the cover of darkness and then exfil out of the area.

the information is only being authorized for release by hammerdown. hummer is the battlefield commander in the theater of operations.

they are working on a better way or system to get intel out of the field so that it leaves no doubt in anyone's mind that the sitreps are factual.

other intel has cannon afb going on some type of an alert and predator drones flying all over the place to include tree top level.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm praying for the Mexicans. My God's prayers are much more powerful than you satanic killer ones.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm going to respond to several posts in one here:

mnemeth1, that was an awesome post! The Battle of Athens is a perfect example of social contract theory in action. Within that given context I fully support militias, and those GIs did the right thing for sure. However I think I should have made my question more clear. The Battle Of Athens was a local issue where the GIs probably did have a decided advantage in the actual conflict. What I was more referring to was conflict with the federal government. I didn't say that explicitly though, and I should have. Either way, well done mnemeth1!

LordBaskettIV, the AK and SKS are common weapons throughout the world and I do agree with you that there could be a lot of friendly-fire incidences if the weapon is used as an identifier. However, if two militia groups shot each other up by accident, that would be all over the news by now. I've got to say this is starting to look more and more like a hoax, but lack of evidence isn't evidence so I'm still holding back on making my mind up.

peck420, there is a big difference between knowing your enemy and fearing him. Concern brought from facts is a great thing to have in battle, it makes you rightly have caution and not be reckless. Los Zetas is comprised of many ex-military special forces, and they have been shown to have an advanced tactical understanding, out-fighting the Mexicans on several occasions. Their strategic abilities may be somewhat compromised currently as they have had some leadership losses but they are still a very competent and absolutely ruthless fighting force. The LZ are also much more heavily armed than the militias legally can be, stocking rocket launchers armed helicopters and advanced personal weapons. Calling these men just thugs is exactly the kind of dismissive thinking that will get people killed, caution is always good in warfare.

earthdude, how about praying for peace! Getting into a pissing contest over gods isn't going to help anyone here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join