It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I believe and What I would do if I was God. (Religion and Science)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hello there.

I would like to tell you about the way I believe in God. I have been spending many sleepless nights trying to make science, conspiracies and God fit together. I see so many people laugh or roll their eyes when I say that I believe in God. They say phrases like “Do you really believe in a white bearded God who is sitting on a cloud watching us?” -No! And it's funny because when I ask, “Don't you believe in any sort of supernatural power?”, and they will answer “I believe in some force in the universe...” and I will laugh inside and tell them that, that is the exact same thing as believing in God. Because what defines a God?

It may seem weird but one of the things I do to try and understand God is to relate. I try and put myself in his position. To do that I need to try and understand eternity. That is the one big difference between us and God. What would happen if one of us for some reason couldn't die. This person lived for 1000's or millions (etc.) of years and learned more and more and eventually got complete control of his brain and body. He was able to manipulate the world around him in an supernatural way like healing himself, disabling gravity and move mountains with his bare mind power. With time he was even able to create objects and life out of thin air.

From my point of view this "God" could very easily be a possibility. Why not? Our universe is eternal, or something like it, seen from our perspective. Lifeforms could emerge places we don't even understand, and why should they not have eternal life? The one thing that stands between eternal life and mortality is time and time is a dimension which can be overcome. If we believe in The Big Bang or other creation theories we also believe that time is something that was created with this universe.

Time is that dimension in which cause and effect phenomena take place. . . . If time's beginning is concurrent with the beginning of the universe, as the space-time theorem says, then the cause of the universe must be some entity operating in a time dimension completely independent of and per-existent to the time dimension of the cosmos

www.leaderu.com...

(In this section i will be using the String Theory. For those who don't know it watch "What the bleep do we know").
smotri.com...

Ok so now we have the possibility of a creature with eternal life and the power to create. What would you do with eternal life? .....
I know what I would do. I would create a live "tv-show" with endless, unpredictable stories (made possible with free choice) including creatures with whom I could interact. They would have the possibility to be granted eternal life with me, if proven worthy.
But one storyline would not do it for me if I was God. I would create an infinitive number of dimensions representing every single different choice that every single human or animal would make. This way, in my eternity I would always have something new to watch, and at the same time I would be able to see each human handle and act in every single situation possible, to determine his very true nature.

If we are to believe the String theory we also believe in many (many many) different universes and I believe that each universe has different rules. That's how I would do it anyways.
One of the rules for our universe is "Action – Reaction", "Positive – Negative", "Good – Evil" and "Time" (To name only a few).
If I was God I would definitely want some action. I would want an opponent. This opponent (created by God or not) would have great powers and the battlefield would be earth and object of the game would be the control of the human kind.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Alternative Thinker]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You guessed it, I believe in a fight between Good and Evil, or at least a fight between two opponents. Good has one tactic (at least in this dimension) and Evil has another tactic. I believe this tactic is closely tied to the Illuminati / NWO. Evil will gain control of the human race simply by taking control of us through ruling power, just as we who believe in conspiracies can see is being carried out step by step in front of our very eyes.

I know that this leaves quite a lot of questions unanswered and I can be honest and say that I have not yet found the answers to all those questions yet.

Feel free to ask / discuss or tell anything slightly related to this.. I hope to get some feedback

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Nice post AT!
I too wonder if "God" could be an advanced tangible entity, and I am unsure if "it" is a single entity or perhaps more of a force. I like the Native Americans notion of "spirit that moves in all things," which is similar to chi and the Hindu Braham.
I also like Joseph Cambell's take on God, a "God of a thousand faces," that makes itself familiar by way of ones own vernacular and location.

There is a good thread on bridging religion and science here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I guess that the form that God have, is impossible to determine unless you know the extend of its / his power. If It is all mighty he is all and one at the same time a guess.. and if It is just an creature with the power to create it could be an entity or a group of entities i surppose.

I do however believe that God is in everything if he in fact created this universe, and thereby able to interact with every little single atom.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative Thinker

Satan is our own animal nature.
The evil we purceive is whithin...we are the beasts.

A kind heart will give you everything you desire...sounds corny i know.
Who do you want to be like, your creator...or, a beast in the field.

You make your own reality so i think we should choose a good one...One that gives us happyness. You are the only one, i am the only one...I Am.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If I were God I would definetley open a command line window and type:

Format C:\

For the non-techies I would reformat the Earth and install a new operating system.

The current version of humanity does not deserve any more time here.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

For the non-techies I would reformat the Earth and install a new operating system.

Peace

I remember that I read a story from a guy who said he meet with God.. True or untrue i don't know and it does not matter. But God said to him that he had created millions of different life forms on different planets, to see how they evolved. At some point in their life span a life form would invent a weapon so powerfull it could destroy the entire potulation of the planet. If the spieces was able to survive that invention, that spieces was welcome to join the rest of the spieces that passed the evolution test.

Your right... I do not believe that humanity is able to survive such a weapon because of it's selfishness.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Peace

God would never explain what such a command did. Besides, I think you missed the "/u" (unconditional) switch. Also, no new OS at all, ever, pls thx.

new topics

top topics

join